I believe the US and Canada should be 1 country

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Everyone hates us.

I am in America and my best friend is from Canada. I wouldn't mind at all.

Yeah, sure. I'll throw away my rights so you can hang out with your friend.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not a chance in the deepest, darkest depths of hell.

I'd rather see Canada join the EU.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think the OP is a troll agent and pushing the progressive agenda for all it is worth. I think they are already paying you but if they are not they should be. If I was you I would feel ashamed. But I doubt shame is something you know to well. Your parents must be very proud to have raised such a shameless child. You are what is wrong with America. We have truly fallen to the dark side.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Of course since I want Canada to join the US we should obviously hold a referndum after years of serious debate and let the Americans and Canadians decide what we do. Allow all current Canadian citizens to have 100% equal rights as the USA and the current provinces in Canada would become US states. You would have electoral votes and could vote for president, it would be 1 country and 1 people.

China doesn't have enough US dollars to buy me into becoming an American. No way, no how.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with me because lately Americans, our government in particular, have been really annoying to Canadians and the world. But I hope that one day we can put aside our minor and petty differences, come together and become 1, just like the founders of America wanted.

Yes... like what the founders wanted when they invaded Upper Canada.
Burn our parliament down!?! Nasty... tut tut. Taught you a lesson when we torched the White House, eh?

Minor and petty differences my butt :shk: ... there's still a world of difference between us, even after all damage that our successive governments have done to make us more like America. I like Canada seperate, with our own scrappy little parliamentary system and minority governments hogtied from screwing things up too much. I prefer voting politicians OUT, not in and I rue the day we become exactly like America.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by There Once Was Man]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think it would make more sense for Canada and Mexico to take control of the USA.

Canada can have everything north of, say, 38 degrees. Mexico gets the rest.

The Northern states can be divided into ridings, and given representation in Ottawa. The Southern states can be given similar representation in Mexico.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

It would probably work out better in that theory if Mexico took all Republican states and Canada took all the democratic states.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sorry- alliteration to the Olympics...ha-ha, but I say no.

I prefer Canada and if we have problems we'll sort them out. There is more to lose than gain and really we've got all we need. Let the American gov't do what it does to U.S.

We don't need it,
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
im canadian. i think that it would be a really really terrible idea. the 2 countries do not think alike enough to fit together well at all. what would happen with health care for starters? canadians think that US health care is absurd and completely and totally corrupt and evil. americans think that our health care is terrible because its universal and paid by taxes so that everyone is protected. thats just ONE issue that we wouldnt agree about. it wouldnt work. canadians and americans have attitudes that differ too much for this idea to be successful.

instead, i say keep the separate countries as they are, and people who like the canadian system live here, and people who like the american system live there. regardless of which country they came from. stop trying to make america more like canada, and stop trying to make canada more like america. leave them exactly as they are and allow people to choose which country they would like to live in based on the systems in each country. i think that there would be far less arguing that way

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would be more for the US to be part of the Commonwealth of Nations, which could include old US colonies or occupied territories, like the Phillipines, Liberia, Panama, and maybe even Cuba.

The US would have to have a status somewhat like India's. Meaning the Queen is recognized as the head of the Commonwealth, but not Head of State for the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. I don't even like the idea of Puerto Rico becoming a state, not because I dislike them, but because they would lose their identity if they joined the U.S. Same thing if Canada and the U.S merged. It could happen, anything could happen, but for now I think nations should remain so by themselves and just do commerce with each other. I personally think it would be better if there weren't any unions, because that's when cultures eventually disappear. I like going to another country to see what is unique about them, not how it is so much like home. I think we can all be on good terms if we continue to have borders. Think of it this way, you get a long with your next door neighbors, enjoy individual backyards and front lawns but you wouldn't like all fences be ordered removed and now every neighbor can entire your yard, swim in your pool and enter your house whenever they feel like it?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As a Canadian I can firmly say no. It would not be mutually beneficial(at least for the moment) and would culminate into one big mess of a country. Take the Manifest Destiny elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Why would Canadians want to unite with the nutters in the USA?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

First the Canadians would have to put down the beer bong.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Everyone hates us.

I think the reality is that most people don't care about America or Americans one way or another as long as they stay in America. It's when America comes into contact with other people in other countries that the problems always start.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Under no circumstance whatsoever will Canada merge with the US! Aside from some US sounding fascist corporate supporters that we read in the papers, I have never in my life met or spoken with anyone who is not HORRIFIED by your countries politics, corruption, extortion, LACK OF SERVICES, MILITARY, BANKING, education system, etc, etc, etc.

To even say that means, you really don't understand how Candians think and feel about their own, they look after their own. By the way, our health care system covers nearly everything, and costs small premiums, nothing for the poor, and nothing in some provinces!
We are not interested in privatization, which is EXTORTION, giving a middleman our income, rather the power of collective pooling.

We consider ourselves the TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE. We also LOOK after our own, which is HONOR. And, put our money where our mouths are for equality between men and women and redistribution. Our constitution words SUBSTANTIVE EQUALITY, in. Equalizing circumstances. Your copyright bills are against our constitution and freedom of information. The list goes on and on and on.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Not a chance for that one either! But if the Scandivian countries drop out of the EU, and stop all whaling, we could become their long term distant partners. Finland's constitution is the BEST IN THE WORLD!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Lmao, they get our stronger beer, health care, ample clean water, oil, timber, syrup, poutine, minerals, while we get... the bill. Yay.

reply to post by Bursuc

Last december our car went off the road and it was less than 10 minutes before a truck pulled us out. Going over the border I get bitched at just for asking thetime or directions...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

I say that is a great idea! If Britain can be part of the EU, so can we! Let's join. That'll be a blow to America and then the EU can open up military bases on our soil, and then its just a few years until America becomes part of Europe too!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Everyone hates us.

I think the reality is that most people don't care about America or Americans one way or another as long as they stay in America. It's when America comes into contact with other people in other countries that the problems always start.

Hey, I like Americans, and I like America, in fact I'm vacationing there this summer. But you ain't us, and we ain't you, so lets keep it that way.

Originally posted by Ridhya
Last december our car went off the road and it was less than 10 minutes before a truck pulled us out. Going over the border I get bitched at just for asking thetime or directions...

Can't say as I've ever gotten anything less than good cheer and courtesy from the Yanks. Mind you, I don't talk politics.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
and then its just a few years until America becomes part of Europe too!

Ugh. That sounds like a party where the least wanted person you know turns up on the doorstep with a couple of cans of beer screaming "paaaarrrrrttttyyyy!" and then makes a nuisance of themselves all night before trashing the place and then, when leaving, promptly tells you how they have better parties where they come from and they'd throw a better party with better 'chicks', better 'beer', better 'music' all in a better house.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join