It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS will be enforcing your purchase of Health Care Insurance!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think we are seeing a directed push towards what ever the progressives have in mind. ATS is full of agents posting and curbing opinion it is truly sad. The poor management tried to do something but I think they lack the resources to truly watch and look at posters. I just hope.... You know what I don't have hope anymore. We have lost and they have won apathy is our achilles heel.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Alright there FELLA.

OP here, I have to call A BIG BULL# on your assumption that any previous taxes are going to go for anything but WAR.

Sorry, I am a Libertarian.

I know where ALL are income taxes go. They go DIRECTLY to the Federal Reserve. Every LAST DIME.

So what were you saying again?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Hey ST. Glad to see you on the thread.

That is all I got. I usually only spar with opponents so sorry if I have not said welcome earlier.

Thanks for you comments on the thread.

ALSO YOU WTFover!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
So tell me . . . Why should I pay the medical costs for people who refuse to get health insurance??? I say yes, if people refuse to get insurance, then tax them. I pay for my insurance, and have no desire to pay for freeloaders. Freeloaders who refuse to get insurance are a huge reason why healthcare costs so much. Every time one of those morons gets sick they go to the emergency room, and you and I end up paying for it.

Are you so willing to pay for freeloaders? If so, then please pay for my insurance too.

I am not a freeloader. I make minimum wage. I cannot afford insurance. I can't afford car insurance, I can't afford gas, I can't afford to have a car or a social life. I can barely feed and cloth myself. There's millions of people like me who simply cannot afford it. It's sickening that every year I'm working harder for less money. That's why I'm declaring war on the rich. DEATH TO THE RICH!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

I second what WTFover said. Please, page and line.

elcapitano75 said:

I mean come on, on one hand it may help his company, on the other hand it may hurt it by what effect this is going to have on this already busted up economy.

We all knew this company was going under, so I have been looking. Got a couple of things on the horizon, so I'm not too worried except for the fact that any excess money out of the accounts is going to shut the business down much sooner than anticipated. But that's the foibles of living in a market economy, right? I just worry about this continuation of dominoes falling that has been shutting down local business left and right lately - after all, the company does have outstanding debts, as do many other companies in these parts. If they all start defaulting it's just going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm sitting here in total shock at the actions of congress. Our president, and yes I'm using the lower case "p" in the title on purpose, this man who has touted in years past of his plan to eventually remove the private health care insurance system and implement expanded government control....listening to him lie to the American people tonight of his victory...I am livid and not sure what to do any more. Those who voted for this reform package tonight have literally "swallowed the punch"...in a since we are watching a political "Jonestown" take place tonight...and the President smiling all the while watching them drink foolish poison. He cares not for their political futures, I believe he has come to terms that he will be a one term president, that these very same democrats and some republicans who voted for this horrific piece of legislation will be voted out this November. But it's all worth it to him...he has his legacy. He will be remembered.

I weep for this nation, after years of one bad president after another...the lack of choices in our elections forcing us to vote for one moron or another...I do believe that we have come to the end of our republic.

It is a system of governance that operates in back rooms, behind closed doors and bribes that are cloaked as "compromises" and "agreements".

I am calling on moral statesmen, those of you who are left in our shattered government to stand up and impeach Mr. Obama. I call for his impeachment based on the unprecedented action of what many believe to be the illegal accusation of American private enterprise.

To men such as obama, they believe that the ends justify the means.

Because they are passionate about their beliefs then it's ok to operate in secret, while bribing other members of congress with government money for their constituents. There needs to be an investigation into the wheeling's and dealings that have taken place this year with this legislation.

What kind of country have we now been given...

It's a country where the IRS can now step into the role of "health care police"...

It's a country where our representatives can do as they please even when their own people are screaming for them to stop...

It's now a country where we are forced to pay for more programs that will only cover 12 million...not the 33 million they promised, and will leave us with a deficit of 2 trillion dollars in the next 10 years.

So what are we going to do?
This is sadly a dark day for hard working citizens...we are about to join the ranks of the UK and their decimated healthcare programs, the French who will never be able to fill the deep financial holes left by their healthcare system...and let's not forget the Canadians who's healthcare system is so ”fantastic" that their Prime Minister has to travel to the US to get procedures done because his own country's medical facilities don't have the technologies, the trained doctors, or the system in which to pay for such operations.

God Help Us All Tonight.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9

Originally posted by Theone2000
I'm happy that it passed. Im disabled and am on SSI. I am schizophrenic and autistic. I don't like hand outs but ts hard for me the keep a job. Thank you to the feds is all I gotta say as they pay me my ssi check. They are not all that bad. Helping the meek is what its all about. (The super rich, wth 12 cars only need 1.)

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Theone2000]

I'm calling BS on this. I don't believe you are autistic and schizo......sorry dude, i ain't buying it.

If you can type and respond as well as you have here, it seems you would atleast be able to hold a work-at-home job, or some sort of low stress administrative job.

This HC bill is orchestrated chaos IMO. Create the chaos, then step in to maintain the new order.

"Order out of chaos"
NM, These people are mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

I mean this will all respect but... you need to get a job that isnt at Burger King, and take responsibility for your own future....I dont feel like paying for your success.

MBF

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't have insurance as the result of a government employee stealing money from me and then ruining my ability to make money. It took me 10 years, but I finally got a congressman to listen to me and call for an audit of the office where he works. He is no longer in that office, they just moved him to another office. It is nearly impossible to get anything done to a corrupt government employee.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by Theone2000
I'm happy that it passed. Im disabled and am on SSI. I am schizophrenic and autistic. I don't like hand outs but ts hard for me the keep a job. Thank you to the feds is all I gotta say as they pay me my ssi check. They are not all that bad. Helping the meek is what its all about. (The super rich, wth 12 cars only need 1.)

Joined today I see Hmmmm. And what a sad story you have Hmmm. I am really starting to wonder what is truth and what are lies. No one should have to help the meek charity should be a choice not a law. You should be ashamed of yourself. If I was you I would be. And that is the truth.
NM, These people are mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This healthcare does nothing to improve our country's health.

All it is doing is switching money from those with more to those with less, and less deserving at that.

I can not believe this country.

The bank bailouts were bad enough, and this is even worse.

Everyone I know is sick of it. SICK.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

I see the same thing happening to people around me. I am lucky, being self employed and still needed, but i am still scared s***less at the way things are going. I can only speak for what i see around me, and what i see is a lot of private sector, even some local gov. jobs still bleeding, yet this fed-gov. still expands and grows and now this HUGE expansion. There's something wrong with this picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i love how people who claim to see through though the govt. still blames either Republicans or Democrats when we all know neither has anything to do with it... if you don't already think of the presidents as puppets, you're just as bad as anyone else for falling into their traps.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz

Are you so willing to pay for freeloaders? If so, then please pay for my insurance too.

I am not a freeloader. I make minimum wage. I cannot afford insurance. I can't afford car insurance, I can't afford gas, I can't afford to have a car or a social life. I can barely feed and cloth myself. There's millions of people like me who simply cannot afford it. It's sickening that every year I'm working harder for less money. That's why I'm declaring war on the rich. DEATH TO THE RICH!!!

No problem. Just pay the 350$ fine or tax the first year, 650$ the second and after that it 2.5% of income. So no tax return for you and you may end up owing.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It has been gratifying to participate in this thread. There hasn't been any name calling or insults. Just respectful discourse. Like the majority of ATS topics, no one has been swayed from their original beliefs (I don't think). But, I do think there were no enemies made, either.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

You know, I just realized something. The small company I work for doesn't provide health insurance to the few employees who are there. We've taken severe blows during the Recession, and if there is a government mandate to provide insurance, the company will have no choice but to close up shop. Just another eliminated local business in a long line of them this year.

No worrys my friend. Your company will just pay a small fine and so will you....but you will still remain without insurance.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I know, that is what scares me. The civil discourse I mean.

But, I see the people on the far left are beginning to see that the centrists are pushing the corporatist angle a little more.

They are seeing what I have stated all along. Mega Corps are a problem. Just so they do not put their eyes on the small business.

Of course we will always have the diehard Dems and Repubs. God love the idiots. What would we do without those people? Oh, that is right, maybe be able to change this crap.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by guyopitz

No problem. Just pay the 350$ fine or tax the first year, 650$ the second and after that it 2.5% of income. So no tax return for you and you may end up owing.

How about instead of that I buy a bunch of guns and go on a mass murder spree and then shoot myself in the face and die. Tax my corpse motherF'ers.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Asking for a page/ line for my comment suggesting Tax money re-allocation will account for the health-care budget makes as much sense as me asking you to point out where in the bill it states that these 16000 new IRS employees will serve as goons that will "strong-arm" people into compliance is written in the bill. That is a troll argument and you know it. I'll provide a page/line if you do. So being a Libertarian makes you an unquestionable authority on tax dollar allocation. Who is paying for all those bombs and body bags anyways. Please explain in your infinite wisdom how these wars are being payed for OP. If you are worried about your country going bankrupt and being out of work, health care seems like the least of your worries, unless you are working with the private insurance companies. A healthy population is a productive population.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!
Also, for those that "stitch" themselves up and don't need medical insurance. That is a dead argument the day they have heart troubles and can't be their own cardiologist or brain surgeon. Etc.

Not being rude...but I'm one of those people. And should my heart fail or my brain fail - both - or something that would end my life, I prefer to die the way I'm meant too. Most of those whom I do run into that feel as I do, are ok with death and don't want to be hooked to a machine or have major surgery. I appreciate what I am given...not what I am forced to have. There is a difference...

Just my statement for that "argument" and there is no disrespect in it.
Love & Light

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join