It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS will be enforcing your purchase of Health Care Insurance!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

IRS everyone's friend will be enforcing this bill.

Have you heard about the seizures of property by the IRS?

Well guess what, they will be enforcing the Health Care bill.

Here is a couple articles on it-Health Care Mandate to Be Enforced by IRS ‘Bounty Hunters’

Health care reform means more power for the IRS

Well well well, thanks DEMS! Thanks for everything. Oh, and everyone that supports this bill, thanks to you too.

Let me see, Federal Reserve, 16th Amendment (actually never changed the taxes on labor but is still used to make us slaves), Social Security, Medicaire, Wars, Patriot Act, Health Care.

I could go on, but

Thanks to all of you that have created this FASCIST system. THANKS.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looking for a job?
Submit your resume when you file your taxes.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Not going to happen.

I heard they are planning on hiring in the neighborhood of 17,000 at say a $100,000/year. That is $1,700,000,000. So just for enforcement 1.7 billion.

Let me see, how is this going to reduce the debt?

As for working for them, I would have to pay them the 20k that I owe them.

Sorry, I am done with this country. Will not participate in this or any of the other crap they have piled on us.

Black Markets to be running full steam!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So tell me . . . Why should I pay the medical costs for people who refuse to get health insurance??? I say yes, if people refuse to get insurance, then tax them. I pay for my insurance, and have no desire to pay for freeloaders. Freeloaders who refuse to get insurance are a huge reason why healthcare costs so much. Every time one of those morons gets sick they go to the emergency room, and you and I end up paying for it.

Are you so willing to pay for freeloaders? If so, then please pay for my insurance too.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

So you actually believe this HUGE increase in government and everything that goes with it, is actually going to lower your insurance rates?

If it costs less for a business to kick you off insurance and just pay the penalty, this will mean ALL of you will be paying completely for your insurance, BY YOURSELF. Even if your company supplies it completely now, forget that, boom you pay for your own.

I cannot believe anyone that thinks anything the government sticks its nose into, lowers rates.

Almost funny if not so sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If the economy is better, and jobs abound, the insurance companies in the states were not an ologarchy and affordable, I would agree with the prior post. But the reality is this: Insurance companies are protected by law, and only a few operate in most states, so it is an ologarchy. I will not follow this law, and I will encourage everyone who is against it to not follow it. I do not expect anyone to pay for my healthcare, nor will I accpet a handout from the government. I am currently looking for a job, sending out resume's to everything that I am qualified for. And I do not believe that the american people want that either. The system is overburdened as it is, and too much will collaspe it. I don't have health insurance, and I believe that this is not a good bill, think about it, the day that you don't have health care, and can not pay the fine the IRS assess on you, then you lose the right to vote. That is correct you lose the right to vote, how? Lets say you don't have health insurance, then the IRS gets wind of it, so then you get fined. You do not pay the fine, then you get slapped with a bigger fine and a felony. Well according to the way the laws are written, those who are convicted Felons, no longer have the right to vote. So this is an evil bill.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Alxandro

Not going to happen.

I heard they are planning on hiring in the neighborhood of 17,000 at say a $100,000/year. That is $1,700,000,000. So just for enforcement 1.7 billion.

Let me see, how is this going to reduce the debt?

As for working for them, I would have to pay them the 20k that I owe them.

Sorry, I am done with this country. Will not participate in this or any of the other crap they have piled on us.

Black Markets to be running full steam!

I hear ya. I can't believe if this sh*t passes that the IRS is gonna have even MORE control. I pay those bastards over $1,000 per month as it is. If this thing passes I will not comply with it and will not file anymore. And when they decide to levy or garnish my wages, then i will quit my job and sell, bury or burn whatever i have of value.
I really don't like where this thing is headed...but at some point people are gonna HAVE TO DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well what is so bad about this bill is the forced purchase of private or government insurance.

Almost like me opening a business and holding a gun to everyone's head saying you must purchase something.

I have never heard of such blatant fascism. It boggles the mind.

reply to post by Romans 10:9

Yes, the line in the sand has been drawn and they are crossing it. As long as they do not come to my door, we will be fine. They come to my door though, all bets are off.

They will not hold a gun to my head and steal ANY more of my labor.

[edit on 3/21/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This health care reform is a wolf in wolf's clothing.Any potential for disaster you precieve is actually there. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand, that the more you feed the beast the bigger the beast will grow.The bigger the beast grows the more it will need to feed.
Unless people wake up to the potential disaster this HCR bill is bringing,we are done as a free republic!!

STOP FEEDING THE BEAST !!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wait... you are against people being required to have health insurance, but you also do not want to pay for their medical costs when they do not have coverage?? So.. tell me how does that work? Someone has to pay and when people do not have coverage it is you and me who pay whether we want to or not. I do not want to pay for Freeloaders. I work hard and take no handouts from anyone. I was unemployed for a while and refused to take unemployment funds from the government as a matter of personal pride responsibility for my fate. Everyone should stand on their own two feet and if people did, we would not need the government to mandate personal responsibility. One reason why you pay so many taxes is because so many people are irresponsible.

In Germany people can drive at high speeds on the Autobahn, because people are more responsible with their driving there. In the US there are so many laws enacted simply because people are very irresponsible for their own actions.

We need to put a leash on Insurance companies who profit wayyyyy to much and over charge like crazy. We need to make sure that everyone pays their share so that there are no freeloaders. If people are irresponsible and do not pay their fare share, then I say yes tax them instead of making me pay for them.

So.. you tell me how allowing freeloaders is going to work. Tell me your plan instead of whining about it with no solutions.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know, it's the young people that wait around at the mailbox once a year for their government tax refund that couldn't care less about whether the IRS gains more control.
It's the ones that pay an ungodly amount of hard earned money to the IRS that ends up feeling the heat. If this thing passes i really hope the SHTF. At this point i think only action/reaction is gonna let TPTB know that we have had enough. This HC bill and it's MANDATE that i HAVE to buy insurance (which i don't believe in to begin with), boggles my F'n mind!
Maybe this thing is supposed to light the spark that burns America, that way they have a reason for implementing even more control, a martial law state.
But either way we are screwed. If you just bite your tongue and pay the mobsters almost everything you make, you are a slave....but if you retaliate, they lock us all down and freedom ends as we know it and we are slaves.
We are straight-up F'ed either way!

Man, i wish there was a bunch of incredible hulks in this country.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Wait... you are against people being required to have health insurance, but you also do not want to pay for their medical costs when they do not have coverage?? So.. tell me how does that work? Someone has to pay and when people do not have coverage it is you and me who pay whether we want to or not. I do not want to pay for Freeloaders. I work hard and take no handouts from anyone. I was unemployed for a while and refused to take unemployment funds from the government as a matter of personal pride responsibility for my fate. Everyone should stand on their own two feet and if people did, we would not need the government to mandate personal responsibility. One reason why you pay so many taxes is because so many people are irresponsible.

In Germany people can drive at high speeds on the Autobahn, because people are more responsible with their driving there. In the US there are so many laws enacted simply because people are very irresponsible for their own actions.

We need to put a leash on Insurance companies who profit wayyyyy to much and over charge like crazy. We need to make sure that everyone pays their share so that there are no freeloaders. If people are irresponsible and do not pay their fare share, then I say yes tax them instead of making me pay for them.

So.. you tell me how allowing freeloaders is going to work. Tell me your plan instead of whining about it with no solutions.

So how about the people that DON'T go to the F'ing doctor....EVER?
The ones that ride out their illnesses, that stitch themselves up, that don't use the ER?
There's ALOT of people that don't have insurance cause they DON'T NEED OR WANT IT!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The IRS will not be enforcing your purchase of Health Care...please stop the mis-information.

In fact...your own state will be enforcing your purchase of Health Care. The IRS will only get involved if your state reports you don't have Health Care Insurance and are subject to the TAX...and then the IRS will enforce the TAX...like they do with all taxes.

Your attempts at mis-leading people is sad...why not just stick with the facts?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Okay, your analogy to the Autobahn is frivolous. Did you know if you are an idiot driver on the Autobahn you can get your license revoked.

You know, like the idiots with phones or the food. Yes, this country is full of idiots, have you ever wondered why?

If you hurt someone, you should get hammered. But here, you get hammered for anything. I will not go down my Libertarian ideals but here is the thing, HOW MUCH are we to give the government of OUR labor? 20% 50% 75%?

Sorry, if I get injured, I can go to a charitable hospital. They have not destroyed every community yet. And if there was no charitable hospital, so what, I could pay for it or I could go without.

You do know that EVERYONE dies. So should we make everyone live in some communist utopia that some think is their RIGHT!

Solution, here is your damn solution. Quit the wars. Shut down 85% of foreign bases. Break up the monopolies. Shut down the Federal Reserve.

Sorry, this is JUST ANOTHER way to destroy MY Freedom.

Will not even go down this road anymore. The government does not want solutions to the PROBLEM, they want fixes to the SYMPTOMS. Just like the other crap they do.

Control, plain and SIMPLE is all they want.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Got any proof to that?

No? Didn't think so.

Did you look at my sources? No, didn't think so.

Goodbye.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
So tell me . . . Why should I pay the medical costs for people who refuse to get health insurance??? I say yes, if people refuse to get insurance, then tax them. I pay for my insurance, and have no desire to pay for freeloaders. Freeloaders who refuse to get insurance are a huge reason why healthcare costs so much. Every time one of those morons gets sick they go to the emergency room, and you and I end up paying for it.

Are you so willing to pay for freeloaders? If so, then please pay for my insurance too.

The overwhelming majority of those without insurance, simply can't afford it. Who do you think is going to end up paying for their insurance? You. Would you prefer to pay a little extra for services or pay a little extra into the pockets of the insurance companies?

How much more do you expect to pay for your own insurance? How much more do you expect to pay for these little tidbits?

Sec. 9001. Excise tax on high cost employer-sponsored health coverage.
Sec. 9002. Inclusion of cost of employer-sponsored health coverage on W–2.
Sec. 9003. Distributions for medicine qualified only if for prescribed drug or insulin.
Sec. 9004. Increase in additional tax on distributions from HSAs and Archer MSAs not used for qualified medical expenses.
Sec. 9005. Limitation on health flexible spending arrangements under cafeteria plans.
Sec. 9006. Expansion of information reporting requirements.
Sec. 9007. Additional requirements for charitable hospitals.
Sec. 9008. Imposition of annual fee on branded prescription pharmaceutical manufacturers and importers.
Sec. 9009. Imposition of annual fee on medical device manufacturers and importers.
Sec. 9010. Imposition of annual fee on health insurance providers.
Sec. 9011. Study and report of effect on veterans health care.
Sec. 9012. Elimination of deduction for expenses allocable to Medicare Part D subsidy.
Sec. 9013. Modification of itemized deduction for medical expenses.
Sec. 9014. Limitation on excessive remuneration paid by certain health insurance providers.
Sec. 9015. Additional hospital insurance tax on high-income taxpayers.
democrats.senate.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The IRS will not be enforcing your purchase of Health Care...please stop the mis-information.

In fact...your own state will be enforcing your purchase of Health Care. The IRS will only get involved if your state reports you don't have Health Care Insurance and are subject to the TAX...and then the IRS will enforce the TAX...like they do with all taxes.

And what is the purpose of the TAX, in this case? Come on, you know the answer...Yes...Yes...You got it on the tip of your tongue! To penalize. And, what is the purpose of a penalty? Go ahead. You know this one, too... Enforcement! Yay, you got it!

[edit on 21-3-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Looking for a job?
Submit your resume when you file your taxes.

How about sending a resume instead of a tax payment? Worked for Geithner!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Go to 27 seconds

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

And if you don't pay the tax...you may go to jail...where the guards will ENFORCE your sentence. Does this mean that prison guards are enforcing the mandate too??? This logic of if the IRS enforces a tax then they enforce your purchase of health care is really stretching logical thinking.

IRS will enforce the tax...they don't care if it is a health care mandate tax, income tax, or social security tax....they are there to enforce the tax. They aren't going to be checking if you have health care. From what I understand...and part of what Virginia is trying to block...is that the states will have to facilitate/enforce the mandate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join