It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie is John 3:16

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

If you believe it is a lie...why do you bother?

If it is a lie why not go fishing or read a novel and wile away the rest of your miserable life...
...but why bother wasting time on this?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Brilliant!

Secind line...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

wow.. anything to get more flags.. LOL.. you really need to prove what your saying.. funny. To me and the other billions of Christians throughout world history KNOW it's the truth.. LOL..

nice one.. but no cigar ..

no star no flag.. but wait.. what's that in the sky.. looks like someone on a white horse .........

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well I have watched this thread closely. I have actually kept an open mind
anticipating something solid to back OPs claim of this LIE.
Excellent points Nomo.
OPs claim has no base. I only have to elude to the fact, that if there were
one lie in the Bible. It would not be The Living Word of God. In this evil
world that hates the Bible so much, that if it were not Gods word it would
no longer exist.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

First of all.... I wish to say I do NOT follow Roman Doctrine...

Nor do I follow any other Denomination or religious Sect.

What you are quoting... is Roman Doctrine propagated by the Roman Church and the other denominations that branched out from the Roman church, and NOT the teachings of the Carpenter people refer to as Jesus today....

Perhaps the Roman Doctrine is "The Great Deception" that has come upon the Earth...

The Roman church is NOT what it claims to be, but rather the Opposite...

You wrote, Quote...

Perhaps the most famous Bible Verse is John 3:16 in the New Testament where Jesus allegedly said, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” This is the exact wording from the King James Version of the Holy Bible, the most widely accepted version of the Holy Bible.

Unfortunately, for all mankind, this verse is not only a lie, but has served to force Christianity upon people in the most destructive fashion imaginable. This false teaching, initially attributed to Jesus by the Roman Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D., has been instrumental in the murdering of millions of innocent people over the past 1700 years.

What is written in "John 3:16" in NO way relates to the Human Species....

Even though Roman Doctrine would have you believe that the whole bible is about...Homo sapiens or humans, are bipedal primates in the family Hominidae.

Where the Lie resides, is in the Fact that The Romans (Roman church declared the Title MAN to relate to the human Species which is the Great Lie and Deception...

That is the Fact that Today, People Falsely Declare that A'DAM was/is MAN.

MAN and A'DAM are Two completely different Components...

MAN is The the Name or title given for The SOUL.

A'DAM was/is the Flesh.. Homo sapiens or humans, are bipedal primates in the family Hominidae

The Word MAN originally was the Title given to the Soul...

The Title MAN was NOT given, to the beast or Primate called the human Species today.

The Title Given to Homo sapiens or humans, are bipedal primates in the family Hominidae. was D'DAM....

The LIFE of The Soul is The LIGHT of MAN..... which is The LIFE of God...

The Life of Homo sapiens or humans, that are bipedal primates in the family Hominidae. whose Title is A'DAM is the Breath of Air and NOT the LIFE of God.

The whole Conspiracy is the Coveting of the Title MAN by the Descendants of A'Dam or Dammed One, the Homo sapiens or bipedal primate in the family Hominidae, whose Title was A'DAM.....

A'DAM is NOT MAN....

A'DAM and the Descendants of A'DAM are Homo sapiens or bipedal primates in the family Hominidae... They are NOT the Soul.

But MAN is The SOUL...

J.C. is The Son of MAN (Soul) NOT the "Son of A'DAM"...

So let's Understand the Conspiracy of Flesh (Homo sapiens or bipedal primates in the family Hominidae) against LIFE and The SOUL.....

[edit on 22-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'd just like to chip my 2 cents in (even though I commit the cardinal error of not reading through all the posts first and I am awfully sorry about that).

This topic is great, and the OP couldn't be more right!
Star and flag!

I am not a Christian myself, but since I live in the more or less Christian part of the world, I still have an interest in this "the World's most powerful mind control corporation".
What the OP points out here may not be breaking news, but I always support the fella' who finds this conclusion.

I am sure that somewhere down in the murky origins of Christianity, there might be a glimmer of a good belief and a sound philosophical foundation, but ever since the first version of the Bible got printed, it was lost.

What also speaks to me in the OP is that it brings out the number one reason why I, as an individual, cannot relate to Christianity:
As the Christian God sacrifices his only begotten son to mankind, "He" thereby separates God from Man. But as I see it, in my own form of belief; God is in all, and all is in God. This simply does not comply with what is said in John 3:16.
What is also says is, that by this sacrifice, mankind is doomed to forever feel guilty over it and that the Christian God is forever excused for any evil deeds "He" might commit, such as war, famine, disease etc. Thus, it is supposed to bring closure to the eternal question (that some, not me, may hold): "If God is so good and kind, why does "He" let bad things happen?"
Well, "He" gave us his only begotten son, we killed him, and that gives "Him" the right to do whatever "He" wants.
Not the kind of faith I'd like to subscribe to...

That's all I wanted to say.
Thanks for reading.

PS. Note that I am writing "He" and "Him" within quotation marks since I find it absolutely ridiculous to put a gender on God. To me, that shows just how little some religions "know" about God. DS.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

He knew beforehand who would do what, so 1.) he created evil and 2.)there is no such thing as free will, because it was determined from day one what would happen. If god wouldn know that all, how can he be all-knowing If you actually really believe in this god and what he says is true,then face the fact that he is indeed responsible.

Gwynniver,

I've often thought the same, but then you have to consider if you believe a God created us in a predestined manner, then what would the point of that be? If God created people with a preplanned, pre-scripted plot, what does that do for us or for him?

This is why I believe there are many things that are the work of divine intervention, and some things that we are directly the cause of due to our free will. Maybe God has given us more power to shape our world than we are willing to take responsibility for.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

s the Christian God sacrifices his only begotten son to mankind, "He" thereby separates God from Man. But as I see it, in my own form of belief; God is in all, and all is in God. This simply does not comply with what is said in John 3:16.

I'm with you on that, Raud. I've always grappled with the idea that God sent Jesus to die for our sins because of the simple fact that it implies God condones the punishment of innocent people for the bad acts of others. What other way is there to perceive that?

To the OP, whether or not you have links, I think what you've presented has a lot of merit. I've always thought the Bible will probably wind up being the biggest hoax ever pulled on humanity. I believe that Jesus posed such a threat because his message to humanity was probably the closest thing to the truth that we've experienced even up to today.

That fact there's no "Book of Jesus" in the Bible is quite odd, although I know many Christians try to make excuses for this troubling fact. His writings were either destroyed or suppressed because they posed a problem for the rulers of that time. I also believe Jesus and Mary were married, and that they have downplayed Mary's importance in spreading Jesus' message.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

True salvation is found within oneself. As humans we have the ability when we understand the Laws of the Universe, how to free ourselves from bondage. I can appreciate your views as these views were once my own until my soul took me on a new journey to find truth. I share with you something that may or may not be useful to you. I have studied for at one time I wanted to be a Pastor until through Study, I could not any longer appreciate or respect the God in the Bible as it starts from the beginning as some sort of trap. If you disect the scriptures, you may come to know what I mean. A loving creator God would never have to instill fear in anyone for who fears love when freely given ?
What you give power to will control you so if you give power in the belief of a devil than that devil will have power over you. I became FREE when I no longer beleived in a Satan and came to realize that evil is just an experience, sickness and mis-fortune a result of what we at one time have brought upon ourselves yet can be free from that also. We experience the true nature of our own hearts so if evil is expereinced, then evil thoughts must have been in the heart. Change the thouhts, you then change the beleifs, which will change ones life.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Actually, the word "believe" has a very strong significance here. I think the pertinent question is: Is it humanly possible to 100% believe in something with absolutely NO DOUBT in one's mind whatsoever? If one were to 100% believe with no doubt that they could walk on water, would they? Would others be able to even see it? If not, what is reality? Just relative perspective? These are questions that plague my mind on occasion.

Could the answers lay in quantum superposition ?

In relation to No Doubt whatsoever would it be fair to say that any xtian posting in a thread like this is demonstrating doubt/lack of faith and is operating from that position ?

If you have a comfy sofa people will see you sitting on it and enjoying it and may choose to join you. You only take your but off a sofa if it's not comfy, if you happen to be running around trying to persuade people how comfy it is there is something wrong at a very deep level.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

When all is said and done, it will come down to God vs satan. I.e. Armageddon. The Bible says that if you are against God, then you are for satan. There are only two choices - regardless of what mankind has convinced society of today.

The bibles also say that there are windows in the sky to let the rain in, that a man lived in a fish, that all the current species on earth lived happily on a boat, that it's ok to keep slaves, that the sun revolves around the earth.

God vs Satan ? what complete childish nonsense,m if satan were real (or god for that matter) then gos would have had to have created it.

So god creates his own arch enemy to hate him, what a bloody nutjob god is then . But wait there's more, god wasn't satisfied by creating the concept of self hate he also created humans that were perfect like himself (obviously self hating) and gets his evil creation to somehow get them to not be perfect.

It is pitiful that so called grown up people teach this utter nonsense to little children, what is disgusting is that intelligent educated reasoning adults with no emotional problems reject this rubbish so the minds of children are targeted.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Someone has a bone to pick with Constantine!

I recommend building a time machine and telling him whats up

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The great lie is some of the bible its self. It was written by normal people, then a roman emperor had his saying on what should be in and what not.

The only thing out of the old testament part of the bible is the ten commandments. I believe it was given to Moses by GOD. Then you have the morality that Jesus taught, that got him killed by homosapien monkeys of his time. He having a high consciousness got him killed. We now call this type of consciousness, the consciousness Jesus had "Christ Consciousness." His wordings were edited by people who never even heard his voice. But they got the majority of what he was about in the new testament. He taught homosapein monkeys to be human. He evolved us. Why they have bc and ad. Before Christ we were homosapein monkeys. After we became conscious beings by following his teachings. Consciousness (Its the universe looking at ts self.) is divine its to bad people use it for evil and greed.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This seems a lie for reasons other than you stated. One does not find oneself until one engages in an unfolding process. Being stuck where one is, I would define as eternal hell, running in the same circle time and time again. And that is exactly what a fixed belief will do. One does have to find that no man's land where X marks the spot, yes, but believing in dog only makes one a pawn. However, we do have to be pawns of a sort for a while before we find the spot, so I have mixed feelings on all of this. I think if it were presented in such a way that if one is not judgmental, that one would see a larger picture, that if one trusted one's intuition and did not accept the label's of others wishing to be remembered, wishing to infect you, then one will find one's everlasting sun, then I would be more comfortable. It is as if it is a holistically valid concept, but when applied in the context of not explaining the realities beyond the words, which, in their dry form, are mere labels for slavery, these words can curse somebody. The words of wisdom within the Bible are a blessing from the right teacher, but a curse from the wrong one. And the wrong teacher is the one who wants to be personally remembered, the peacock behind a podium, or the red queen (whore) who wants to be the center of it all.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Deleted.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Question to anyone who can answer: If Jesus was the only son of god...who was Adam? ? ? ? ?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
To be honest, I didn't read every response, but I think the poster is missing something major. Constantine changed the name of the roman empire to the holy roman empire, 325AD. Christ's resurrection, 30AD. With some simple subtraction, Christianity existed for 295 years prior to catholocism. These were the individuals the romans and jews burned at the stake, stoned, and fed to lions. What "political power" inspired these martyrs? Not only this, you claim the KJV Bible was tainted by catholics (even though it wasn't translated from the Latin Vulgate, but the greek/hebrew manuscripts). Guess what? We still have Greek manuscripts of the Gospel of John that predate roman catholocism, so unless you can prove they translated the ancient Greek wrong, you have nothing. What is even more strange is that a lot of posters jumped right on the bandwagon, without even doing a tiny bit of historical digging. Does that classify as irony? A conspiracy site where most people believe whatever they are told, as long as it fits with their worldview?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

REMEMBER THIS and any time you see somebody misquoting it, please do ancient literature a favor, and correct them. I feel it does a disservice to ancient historical texts, or even mythological texts, to continuously misquote them to prove a point.

the word EVERY and the word ALL, are not in the original language of the text. the english translators added those words because they assumed the animals that are clearly here today, couldn't have survived a global flood so they assumed every and all.

they took seven clean animals in pairs of two (male and female+1).
and 2 unclean animals.
they took seven birds, in pairs.

they didn't take fish or anything from the water, only land going creatures, probably from the farmland around the area.

Gen 7:2 Of every clean 2889 beast 929 thou shalt take 3947 to thee by sevens 7651 7651, the male 376 and his female 802: and of beasts 929 that [are] not clean 2889 1931 by two 8147, the male 376 and his female 802.

notice the numbers next to the words? those words are in the text.

clean beasts take seven, male female.
beasts not clean, two, male female.

the windows of the sky is another example of english translation. the original concept was most likely a way of expressing it poetically, that the water in the clouds fell to the earth as if the clouds had opened and released their contents. you have to understand the old texts are written in the languages of the time and the phraseology of the time and are translated into modern languages with some bit of error margin.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

yeshua = begotten
adam 1 = cloned
adam 2 = created

THIS IS ADAM 1:

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God 430 said 559 , Let us make 6213 man 120 in our image 6754, after our likeness 1823:

original words:
Elohiym (plural) said, Make 'adam image likeness.

Gen 1:27 So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

original words:
Elohiym created 'adam image, image of Elohiym created, male female created.

----------

Adam was created in the image of the gods, male and female. meaning that the females were called 'adam too and were created in the image of gods.
----------

THIS IS ADAM 2:

Gen 2:7 And the LORD 3068 God 430 formed 3335 man 120 [of] the dust 6083 of 4480 the ground 127, and breathed 5301 into his nostrils 639 the breath 5397 of life 2416; and man 120 became a living 2416 soul 5315.

original words
Yehovah gods formed 'adam dust of ground, breathed nostrils breath life. 'adam living soul.

-------
It's pertinent to note here that Eve is not created in the image of the gods like the first female adam. she's created from the side of 'adam, and this adam is not made in the image of the gods either but created from the dust of the ground. so adam 1 and adam 2 are entirely different.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

It would be a waste of time to make argument with an atheist concerning God. God only reveals Himself to those who belong to Him, all others will never find Him and never believe in Him for their salvation.

I see.So god actually created humans that don't belong to him.
So, basically, you're trying to say that your jesus, who supposedly died for the sins of ALL men, died only for those who were already chosen to be saved.
But hey, who am I to talk? After all, I don't have the christian membership pass, like you do. After all, it's a members only thing, right?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join