It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie is John 3:16

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

It's pretty clear although I can look up, and copy/paste, both definitions - but "adultery" is pre marital sex.

Homosexuals and/or prostitutes are, by their very definition, a sexual choice be it lifestyle or "job" choice.

That includes straight people, as well - according to the Bible, ANY one that has pre marital sex, sex outside of a one woman/one man marriage - commits adultery.

If you need me to copy/paste from Google, I can - but my point being, sex is sex. I used to try to use that "but homosexuality isn't one of the Big "Top Ten" - but sex is sex, any way you cut it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Sex is indeed sex.

Sex is not adultery.

Homosexuality is not a choice.

The serpent was just a talking snake.

Just wanted to help you out there with some facts.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Don't cut down the apple tree simply because of a few bad apples. Don't blame Christianity as a whole because there were a few leaders who misconstrued it into a piece of holding power for the people - plenty of religions have done that before. Pick up the bible for yourself and see what God says to you and keep an open heart rather than deciding what you believe based on facts of how OTHER people interpreted it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

This explains it quicker, and better, than I can: I hope this helps -

Question: "Was Satan the serpent in Genesis chapter 3?" Answer: Yes, the serpent in Genesis chapter 3 was Satan. Satan was either appearing as a serpent, possessing the serpent, or deceiving Adam and Eve into believing that it was the serpent who was talking to them. Serpents / snakes do not possess the ability to speak. Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 both describe Satan as a serpent. “He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:2). “The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:9). While the Bible is not clear as to whether or not the serpent stood up or walked before the curse, it appears likely that like other reptiles it probably did walk on four legs. That would seem to be the best explanation of Genesis 3:14, "So the LORD God said to the serpent, ‘Because you have done this, cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.’” The fact that the serpent was cursed to crawl on his belly and eat the dust of the earth forever is also a way if indicating that the serpent would be forever despised and looked upon as a vile and despicable creature and an object of scorn and contempt. Why did God curse the serpent when He knew that it was actually Satan who had led Adam and Eve into sin? The fate of the serpent is an illustration. The curse of the serpent will one day be the fate of Satan himself (Revelation 20:10; Ezekiel 28:18-19). Recommended Resource: The Serpent of Paradise by Erwin Lutzer.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i agree with one thing here :
the religion of one god
one is god

one is all, all is one, one is god

we are all extensions of prime creator on prime creator's journey

the bible contradicts itself on so many levels, look at it as a recorded biased history of a wanna-be people, it wasn't written for all, just for the "chosen ones"

i don't know what to make of it, but doesn't god love all? why would *he chose a people, it makes no sense what so ever?

and why god would be a "HE" in the first place

i believe that there are 2 universal laws, don't kill and don't do unto others as you don't want others do unto you, the rest is BS, just means to control the populations, terror, indocrination "if you don't do as i say you'll burn in hell!" BS!!!

i don't believe in such a god, anybody who studied the bible, not just read here and there woud know what i mean, read all of it, not just the "good" parts. it will scare the S**t out of you

i want to me myself clear, i'm not atheist, i was born and raised chistian orthodox, i believe if jesus did walk on earth he did not want to be the hero of a best seller that helped kill millions of "nonbelievers"

and yes, jesus was a son of god, like we all are, we are all sons and daughters of god, extensions, parts of god, extensions of the prime creator.... but we have been deceived

actually my belief is that we as people were created twice, read genesis 1st and then genesis 2nd and third.....

we've been destroyed by the annunaki, or whatever (serpent, reptilians) and made the 2nd time first as male, then a cloned female

when i genesis 1st god made :

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them.

7 Genesis 2
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat. "

we were supposed to be vegetarian, not eat other flesh

"and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew
: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
8 Genesis 2
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life ; and man became a living soul.
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden ; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

the first time we were made masters over everything!!!!

the second time we were made slaves to work the garden in EDEN

notice genesis 1st we were on planet earth, not some garden

second creation is whoever did it to us, created us from the destroyed humans, the "dust" the DNA of the once living human created by the prime creator, and made us as SLAVES

but, we still have the original true form hidden in our DNA we just have to unlock it

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Steer towards another Godly, truly Godly, direction besides the RC church - that probably wasn't the best teacher about Jesus Christ.

It was the RC church that changed the original Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

That is just for starters.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Who cares what the church does, Christ and the church are not one and the same and if you can't see that, then thats your problem. I am sick of seeing people trying to connect some of the evil man has done in God's name to him personally. It is the same type of connections that people like YOU are drawing that are helping keep people turned off to him.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

But is it fair to accept the parts of God, and the Bible, that *you* like, and reject the parts you don't like?

God is a loving God but He is a just God as well. Just AS a earthly father, he chastises and punishes - that is to bring us back into doing what's right instead of wrong.

Believe it or not, there are so called "Christians" out there that, by all accounts, say they believe wholeheartedly in God, and in the Bible - BUT they say they don't believe in hell or satan.

I can't get my mind around this mentality no matter how hard I try.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

All that is is more speculation on people's interpretations of OTHER texts. Just show me the quotes that say the serpent in the garden was Satan. You can even just tell me the chapter and verse to go read myself. If it is true that the serpent was Satan then the only source for that information would be the bible. Show me where it says in the bible that the serpent in the garden of eden was Satan.

Please, help me help you answer this.

Interpretations and impressions are all good and fun but I just want to see the text that backs up what you claim because it is not in my bible. I want to understand why people put faith in something they are so ignorant of themselves. Help me out here.

I am not sure how much more simple I can make it. If the serpent is Satan then it would say so somewhere. Just tell me where.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I guess you are having trouble locating the part of your bible that says the serpent was Satan? I am honestly eagerly waiting for this new information and starting to feel like maybe someone realized they were wrong and cannot admit it. To be honest, I would be happy to be wrong. You just have to show me what I am missing. Many thanks!

ACK - sorry, I had to go to the dinner table. Us humans have to eat so we can
play on the internet.

I answered you - I think it's on page 4 now?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sex is indeed sex.

Sex is not adultery.

Homosexuality is not a choice.

The serpent was just a talking snake.

Just wanted to help you out there with some facts.

With all due respect, those are opinions that you share - not documented
history - such as the Bible is.

And again, I stress - you don't have to make the same choice(s) as the ones
who choose to follow God. That choice is yours and yours alone.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

But is it fair to accept the parts of God, and the Bible, that *you* like, and reject the parts you don't like?

God is a loving God but He is a just God as well. Just AS a earthly father, he chastises and punishes - that is to bring us back into doing what's right instead of wrong.

Believe it or not, there are so called "Christians" out there that, by all accounts, say they believe wholeheartedly in God, and in the Bible - BUT they say they don't believe in hell or satan.

So you believe that you should offer up your daughter to me if I were to come calling upon your home?

You know that I can go on listing all kinds of crap that is in the bible that is absurd. Do you believe it all, or just the parts you like?

Do you kill family members that do evil things like mix cloths?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlapBassist531
Don't cut down the apple tree simply because of a few bad apples. Don't blame Christianity as a whole because there were a few leaders who misconstrued it into a piece of holding power for the people - plenty of religions have done that before. Pick up the bible for yourself and see what God says to you and keep an open heart rather than deciding what you believe based on facts of how OTHER people interpreted it.

Exactly -

Very well put !

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
reply to post by bwinwright

What are you basing this assumption on? Could you link some sources as the concept you are proposing is def something that deserves looking into.

You have peaked my interest but if you could link some of your source information would be great.

Peace

here ya go some info from wiki or google this >>> Council of Nicaea and decide where you want to learn

Constantine I

en.wikipedia.org...

1st council of Nicaea
en.wikipedia.org...

2nd council of Nicaea
en.wikipedia.org...

Time line of the Council of Nicaea

www.google.com...=council+of+nicea&hl=en&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=5ZimS6brHML7lweh1cX3CA&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CC0Q5wIwCg&fp =1dc62da33e2ff469

Well if anyone read the book Animal Farm by George Orwell ! ?
Council of Nicaea is Parallel too it !

Legend of Constantine whisking his hand across the table of all the documents papers that were on the table during the council of Nicaea
and the documents that stayed on the table were put in the bible and one left on the floor when missing destroyed etc. one rumor

the second is put the believable in and left out the unbelievable
i would like to know what the unbelievable was !

book of Enoch ?

en.wikipedia.org... Humans Meeting the gods *cough* (out of this world beings ) in Heaven *cough* SpaceShip

However, later Fathers denied the canonicity of the book and some even considered the letter of Jude uncanonical because it refers to an "apocryphal" work[29]. By the fourth century it was mostly excluded from Christian lists of the Biblical canon, and it was omitted from the canon by most of the Christian church (the Ethiopian Orthodox Church being an exception)

Book of Ezekiel (a human meeting the gods (out of this world beings) ? )
and seeing a spaceship a ring within a ring etc..

en.wikipedia.org...

Gospel of Thomas

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

With all due respect, those are opinions that you share - not documented
history - such as the Bible is.

And again, I stress - you don't have to make the same choice(s) as the ones
who choose to follow God. That choice is yours and yours alone.

The bible is not documented history any more than "Weaveworld" is. Do you pray to Clive Barker as well?

Those are not opinions, those are actual verifiable facts, unlike this bible you talk about.

I do not choose to follow a god but I am even more opposed to people that say they do and then slowly drown in ignorance and hypocrisy.

Can you refute anything I said with any real facts or just more crap you cherry picked from some book with no basis in reality?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

Interesting theory you have there on Genesis.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

You make interesting, and even valid points - I myself am confused about what it says in Genesis saying Adam was the first "man" but yet it says that God said that "they" would create us in their image - meaning God and His angels.

That part is confusing, I admit - but I do believe it's confusing because we, as humans, just don't understand that, or millions of other things, fully.

Remember, we are mankind, with a man's brain - our knowledge capacity only goes so far - after that we have no clue or even a clue that we have no clue.

But just because we don't understand something in there doesn't automatically mean that it must be a mistake. We are humans that are full of pride and vanity - we think we know everything there is to know - and what we don't know, we can always click on Nasa's website or any other info site to find out.

But we have to remember that there are sooooooo many things we have no clue about - because our brains cannot grasp the knowledge because God didn't give us that knowledge, yet - or if we ever are given it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

S&F for O.P., great thread, I like hearing the other side, the truth that is, having to go through Jesus just doesn't make sense, what did everyone do before he existed?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver

Bottom line - stop blaming God for mankind's evil choices.

I think that is quite impossible, because god created mankind. He is supposedly all-knowing, so he knew from scratch what we would be like. Yet he created us so he is definitely responsible for the misery of this world. He knew beforehand who would do what, so 1.) he created evil and 2.)there is no such thing as free will, because it was determined from day one what would happen. If god wouldn know that all, how can he be all-knowing
If you actually really believe in this god and what he says is true, then face up to the fact that he is indeed responsible.

God created mankind perfect - it was satan who approached Adam and Eve in the Garden and tempted them - which led to sin. From that point on, mankind was born into sin - we are, by and at birth, sinners separated from God. Enter Jesus Christ, who was sent as our only way out to avoid eternal damnation. IF we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we escape eternal hell.

Again, it depends on us to make the right choice.

This is a big part of what is wrong with the bible and people that claim to believe it. I have my bible right here and nowhere does it mentions Satan tempting Adam and Eve. It only mentions a talking snake. The story is a lot easier to swallow when we say that Satan spoiled the first humans but according to the very book that story comes from...it was just a talking snake.

You are continuing what is called "a tradition of man". No such thing as a talking snake in Genesis, or is there an apple.
The correct trnslation of the word you use to call satan a talking snake actually is "a shining one", Nachash I believe it is. Jesus says that satan can be seen as "an angel of light". This thread can easily be seperated in 2 categories. Traditions of man and Biblical truths.
90% fall in the first category

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So you believe that you should offer up your daughter to me if I were to come calling upon your home?

You know that I can go on listing all kinds of crap that is in the bible that is absurd. Do you believe it all, or just the parts you like?

Do you kill family members that do evil things like mix cloths?

I honestly do not know - there are a million and one things in the Bible that I have yet to be given understanding on. Maybe God will let me understand, maybe He won't - I don't know.

I do feel that given we have the Authorized King James Bible, and we aren't sure if man has screwed with it or not, I think I can safely say that God takes into account our knowledge at the time of any sins we have committed.

Like my grandparents - they worshiped on Sundays, EVERY Sunday - because that is what they were taught by their parents, and so forth. But the Bible clearly says that the Sabbath is the SEVENTH day. Not the 1st day.

I repent each time I feel I've sin, and try to stay in God's word - I know I fall short - the Bible tells us that our best is like filthy rags to God. If that tells you anything - lol. We are knee deep in sin - there isn't a person on this planet that is without sin - NONE - not Billy Graham, not any secular person, not anyone. BUT the key is that we have to accept Christ on faith - because that is the only way we can escape this earthly chaos down here. I do my best each day, but my best is still a "filthy rag" to Christ - so, like the Bible instructs us, live by His laws, and repent. So that is what I do - daily, numerous times daily.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join