It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie is John 3:16

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Is a Mac technology? YES.

Is a PC technology? YES.

Yes, they are both technology. But the people using the technology are of a different mindset. Ask an Apple guy what he thinks of PCs (hackers constantly attack Windows based OS's). The languages are different, but they can do similar things. Two different forms of a similar technology.

So nobody in the history of man thought fire was a form of magic?

Not a good analogy. Burning her hand did not teach her not to sleep around. It did not teach her not to steal. It taught her not to touch that hot thing she just got burned by. This tree taught them that being naked was shameful. Please tell me you see a difference. Or is there a shame fruit I am unaware of?

Burning her hand may have taught her to listen to her mother, because her mom wants to protect her from harm.

There was nothing wrong with being naked. God made them that way. If they stayed obedient they would have kept there innocence.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Glad we could find some common ground. I had faith it was possible

We'll get together, and I'll make the popcorn.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Yes, they are both technology. But the people using the technology are of a different mindset. Ask an Apple guy what he thinks of PCs (hackers constantly attack Windows based OS's). The languages are different, but they can do similar things. Two different forms of a similar technology.

So whether or not something is "magic" to you is all in intent? Ok. Not me.

So nobody in the history of man thought fire was a form of magic?

I never said that. I am sure there are people right now that think fire is magic. You asked if I thought it was. I do not.

Burning her hand may have taught her to listen to her mother, because her mom wants to protect her from harm.

Nope. Burning her hand would only teach her she should listen to her mother because her mother was right when she said that a hot thing would burn her. Not the same as telling her she will get burned, getting burned, then "KNOWING" that she should not become a meth addict.

There was nothing wrong with being naked. God made them that way. If they stayed obedient they would have kept there innocence.

Obviously there was something wrong with it because they realized it was shameful AFTER they LEARNED right from wrong. Before that, they did not know it was wrong. Read the book. It does not say that once they ate the fruit BEING NAKED became shameful. It says that they realized it was shameful after eating God's fruit.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered where Apple's logo (an apple with a bite out of it), came from?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Glad we could find some common ground. I had faith it was possible

We'll get together, and I'll make the popcorn.

I believe that would be an interesting time. I like popcorn! Just do not get upset if I do not convert to Jesus and I will not try and get you to join my coven.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered where Apple's logo (an apple with a bite out of it), came from?

Not sure, I am not a Christian or bible scholar but you did say this

Show me where it says "apples".

I took that to mean I was wrong about it being an apple tree? Were you just picking at the pluralization?

I do know that Mac sued the Church of Satan though for using their phrase "think differently" Now it says "We think Too Differently"

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I do know that Mac sued the Church of Satan though for using their phrase "think differently" Now it says "We think Too Differently"

Really. I hadn't heard that before, that is interesting.

I am reading a book called "The Hero And The Outlaw, Building Extraordinary Brands Through the Power of Archetypes" by Margaret Mark & Carol S Pearson. Amazon

It relates Apples logo to the forbidden fruit.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Really. I hadn't heard that before, that is interesting.

I am reading a book called "The Hero And The Outlaw, Building Extraordinary Brands Through the Power of Archetypes" by Margaret Mark & Carol S Pearson. Amazon

It relates Apples logo to the forbidden fruit.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by dusty1]

Interesting, I am going to look into that.

I have to admit, I was wrong. It was not differently but just different.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29aada2c9387.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6645d4a8bfe.jpg[/atsimg]

You can read about it hear Want to know what Apple Computer wants kept secret?

Going to have to go look into that book. So you are saying it was an apple then?

[edit on 27-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

[edit on 27-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

A very good post, and most rang as thought they were my own thoughts, and I guess they are. Once one rises above the Bible, and sees that it is simply a combination of many stories and myths from many different cultures, it is then easy to see the control factor contained within. Star and flag for you. If god so loved this world, he would not have let it get in such sad shape, and would not have let the people forget about his wife.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So you are saying it was an apple then?

No, but many people refer to it as an apple.

The bible doesn't say it was an apple.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You can read about it hear Want to know what Apple Computer wants kept secret?

Interesting. I can't say I can blame Apple for not wanting to be identified with the Church of Satan. Apple used an archetype to give their company an image, but they skirt a fine line with identifying themselves with Satan. They want to be a rebel but not to the extreme.

By the way apparently the Church of Satan believes the Serpent was "an Avatar of Satan".

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I cannot tell you with 100% confidence that a literal apple sparked mankind’s corruption. I cannot say exactly why we are the way we are. All I know is that, whenever I look at this world, this universe, its intricacies, and its beauties both subtle and grand, I know that our minds are not the only ones at work.

There is the realization that we are of an inspired design and function. We were made for and by a being. And yet, this being loved, yes, loved us enough to give us the choice of whether to be with him or not. He has every right to take us and our spirits by force. Nevertheless, he respects our individuality and uniqueness enough to give us the ability to make choices.

Even at that, we all, at some point, turn against our father. This is a common denominator of humans other than Jesus; there is no escape from being imperfect.

Despite the fact that our father loved us enough to give us choice and we turned against him, he went to great lengths to give us another hope.
There is a life after death, but the realm of God is a perfect one. We, alone as imperfect beings, are simply unworthy and incapable of going to this realm. God sent himself as a human, Jesus. Jesus modeled the “father-child” relationship that we are meant to share with God. He modeled the correct treatment of others. He is, and will always be, the only perfect human. Understand that, painful as it was, the cross was the best way. God showed his supreme love by not only being born as one of us, but dying as one of us as well.

Death did not conquer. Jesus rose, and he lives today. When we connect to God, as we were designed to do, when we accept his offer of salvation, death cannot conquer us either.

This is not an easy road. Ask the Christians who have been killed for their commitment. However, this is the road where God’s promise for your life reaches its pinnacle.

This road does not give one the right to persecute of belittle others. Rather, this road demands that we turn the other cheek, that we do not harm others and instead demonstrate the restraint Christ has.

What does it mean to be a Christian? It’s not rituals, it’s not complete literalism, it’ not following the pope, and it’s certainly not crusading or attacking non-believers. Being a Christian is about knowing the God who loves you through the salvation of Christ. God is your best friend. You will not always get what you want, but God promises everything you need.
Guess what the kicker is? Eternal life is just the icing on the cake. Spending this life with God within and around you is well worth it alone.

You have been given a choice. What happens if you say “no”? It’s not like God has a “Hell” button that he’s itching to press. The simple matter is, we are in a universe that is full of God. If we choose to not be with him, then he gives us exactly what we ask for: he sends us to where he is not. I guarantee that being without your creator, out of your native universe, and with your worst enemy to boot is no pleasure. But remember, you get what you ask for. Don’t blame God. You place the order, my friends.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MEAT10AF]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
God is logical. When you view this world from a distance and see how tiny and miniscule our little quarrels are, is it really reasonable to say we’re the only ones who have a conscious? Isn’t it a little ironic that whenever you deny God exists you have to mention him? Realize that nothing you ever do outside of the eternal God will last forever. That is the great, inescapable disappointment of a life without him. When viewed and interacted with in a healthy way as he intended, God will make our lives more than they could ever be, that’s a promise. Give God a chance, as he’s already given you two.

It doesn’t take a formal prayer or something ritualistic. Talk to him how you would speak to a being that knows all about you and loves you more than anyone else does. In other words, simply speak and ask to know him better. He is always, and I mean always, eager to hear from you, as you are his son or daughter. You will feel him and be awakened to the joy of knowing him.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MEAT10AF]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You have concluded so. But let me throw a challenge at you. Once you become a Born Again Christian, i.e a Spirit filled Christian, You will change your views that you call a lie almost instantly.
Ok the inquisitions and wars and all the rest were committed in the name of christianity, but not by the truly born again christians.
I can't comment on the catholic church or catholics in general. But in my understanding the catholics are not born again and neither have any of their popes been born again.
So my friend Call on the Name of the Lord and be Saved. Amen

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Um, no. It shows it is was a man as it states. It's called a metaphor. Check it out.

I see, so this happens to be a metaphore, but the rest is to be taken literally, ofcourse. Or does it only apply to passages that fit your personal opinion or beliefs?

Ok the inquisitions and wars and all the rest were committed in the name of christianity, but not by the truly born again christians. I can't comment on the catholic church or catholics in general. But in my understanding the catholics are not born again and neither have any of their popes been born again. So my friend Call on the Name of the Lord and be Saved. Amen

I see, I take it you were there then during the crusades? Or perhaps you are a psychic, assuming all those people were not ' true christians'?
But no, that would be magic ofcourse, and that's forbidden right?
And the catholic people including all their popes are not true christians also. Ofcourse, it is a small select of truly born again christians, yourself included ofcourse.
What was that biblical phrase again: judge not lest ye be judged?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Gwynniver]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So you are saying it was an apple then?

No, but many people refer to it as an apple.

The bible doesn't say it was an apple.

That is interesting. Kind of reminds me of that serpent that Genesis never describes as Satan.

Interesting. I can't say I can blame Apple for not wanting to be identified with the Church of Satan. Apple used an archetype to give their company an image, but they skirt a fine line with identifying themselves with Satan. They want to be a rebel but not to the extreme.

LOL. I understood too. I did not think too many mainstream companies would be too eager to be endorsed by any church of Satan. I just thought it was clever at the time with all the think different ads that were going around. The church was super proud of the fact that they used macs.

By the way apparently the Church of Satan believes the Serpent was "an Avatar of Satan".

They are pretty good at using any and every symbol that has ever been associated with Satan in any way. The Church of Satan seems to be well stocked with graphic designers.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The Arch-angel Gabriel was the governor of the Garden of Eden, and the leader of all "serpents."

Serpents/Seraphim.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwinwright

This same lie about the Pope being the most divine of all men and the Catholic Church being the ONLY path to God and Heaven is still being sold by the Catholic Church today. They continue to threaten eternal damnation in Hell for anyone who rejects this horrendous lie.

Most of what you said is interesting and at least some of it true. I'm open to so many ideas and theories, even if I end up rejecting a lot of them and this postulation of yours is truly interesting. BUT you're wrong on the above statement. No doubt religion was used to confuse, manipulate and control people by so-called "leaders" throughout history. I attended Catholic School and would say I'm "Catholic" if asked even though I'm non practicing...anyways I don't know any Catholic, layperson or otherwise, that has ever professed that Catholicism is the only way to heaven. Now would most of those same people say that you must be Christian to reap heavenly bliss? Probably, but that's not what you said. And I'm not attacking you, Mr. OP, but I hate when people present a good argument or opinion then hurt their point by interjecting some hyperbolic little fib to "help" their cause. Unfortunately, we all do it and our only defense against it is to be aware of such inclinations.
I digress, good thread OP...mostly.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The forbidden fruit is easy to identify as there's only one candidate of all creation
meeting the criteria (the name-words, and exception to the permitted/ earlier 'blessed'),
the interesting thing about the Apple is that it's the most renowned source of its antidote!

Hint: Search for Chametz
(and Beware the leaven of the separatists)!

[edit on 2010/3/28 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi,

The post reads....'' The Great Lie is John 3:16 ''

So let's look at the passages before that!

John 3:14 ''And Moses lifted up the Serpant in the Wilderness,even so must THE SON OF MAN be lifted up.
John 3:15 ''That whoever beleives in Him should not perish but have eternal life''
*MOSES a pre-figuration of the Saviour,as is many passages from the Old Testament!*
John 3:14.....Moses LIFTED UP a bronze serpant to cure the Israelites from the deadly bites of poisoness snakes.
Christ will be LIFTED UP on the Cross.As the beleiver beholds the crucified Christ through faith as Saviour,the poisoness bite of that OLD SERPANT,the devil,and the bite of sin and dath,is counteracted and cured.
The moment of Christ's greatest humiliation becomes the moment of exaltation for completing His redeeming work(SEE JOHN 19:30)
This is the first of the many instances where Jesus teaches that He is the fullfillment of an Old Testament.
John 3:16,17,18,19.....
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation,
that light is come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil. ....
SOURCE

Can anyone simply interpret Scripture based on one's opinion?
***Coming upon the Ethiopian as he read the Old Testament in his chariot, Philip the Apostle asked him,
“Do you understand what you are reading?”
And the Ethiopian answered,
“How can I,
unless some­one guides me?” (Acts 8:30, 31).
We are all in the position of the Ethiopian......And the same goes with Mans LAWS...one also must instruct us,for what the consequence would be for breaking one LAW!

ICXC NIKA
helen

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join