It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie is John 3:16

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Where is the supposed contrast? Both God and Jesus give people a chance. Some are truly wicked and are cut of from everlasting life.

Funny thing about the story of Lot. Nothing is ever said about the rape gang that wanted the male angels for their own pleasure. Lot is always the bad guy it seems.

I don't know what was going through Lot's mind. Did he try to protect God's angels with what was most valuable to him? The men in that mob were his neighbors. He may have thought they wouldn't harm his girls and come to their senses.

By the way nothing happened to the girls.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

So........a talking snake.......told a naked woman.....to eat a magic apple!!
That makes me a sinner?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all made up myths and lies and is man made until you personally witness and experience him for yourself and thats when you will have nothing but embarassment, shame, and regrets for how you walked in the flesh rather than the spirit. Most people who are still asleep have no idea that he has been the damn truth the whole time and have no idea who they are themselves. They think they are the flesh that makes up their body. They think they have no soul. I could share a few of my experiences when I was still being in the process of reborn from this world and how I saw Christ in all of this. This was during a time when I was having demonic attacks, was being gang stalked, was seeing UFO's and appirations etc etc. I remember one day I was in church, I had went to church while this was all happening and before this I prob hadn't been in church for over 10 years. But anyways I was in church and they had a giant crucifix in front and I wanted to laugh at Christ. Didn't know why I just wanted to laugh. Well needless to say I ended up walking out of that church before they were even finished and I got home sat down and turned the TV on. First thing I see on TV is some female Jewish comedian who instantly made me think of the 'Jackal' and the first words she said was 'Have you ever been in church and wanted to laugh', I knew then what was being played and some of the pieces of everything started falling in place. That was about almost a year ago and I its like apples and oranges. You can't really understand the concept of being reborn until you yourself have done it. And I can't believe I used to laugh and mock Christ and his Holy Ghost. Because he is nothing but love, comfort, and can show your heart how he wants you to live. Its basically spiritual warfare that takes place inside of you. Thats what it comes down to on this planet. That is the greatest game and struggle being played right now. Everything else is a distraction. NWO, banking elite, etc etc is all a distraction from what we all need to be doing. And that is to be reborn with God and to see the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Knowing what I know about the RCC.

Knowing what I know about their misogyny.

Knowing what I know about the bloody history of organized religion.

And knowing what I know about the GREED for money organized religion possesses.

Why would I trust anything in our current editions of the Bible?

I look at the Bible as a nice collection of written word, some beautiful and some clearly on agenda.

Any book promoted and used to order deaths of disbelievers is NOT a book I feel comfortable basing my life around.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Only the false religion of Islam has verses that command its followers to kill those who don't believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You go OP
S&F.

And to make it a little bit more obvious.

We are all born of water. From the whom and our entire life we still are about 70 % mad of water. Now we only have to open our mind and see God is of all things an all things are God. Spirit has come to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah yeah, I heard this song a thousand times. But you're COMPLETELY missing my point, or perhaps you're igoring it.
I wrote:

I think that is quite impossible, because god created mankind. He is supposedly all-knowing, so he knew from scratch what we would be like.

So you are trying to tell me god created satan and he didn't know what was going to happen? He had no clue as to what we would do? If so, your god is NOT all-knowing. Then he would be a liar. If he did know what was going to happen as one might expect from an all-knowing god, he created us knowing what we would become. Then he WOULD be responsible. Like a parent allowing his child to play with matches, to keep the father figure around.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

Well said.

It always amazes me how people will tell you how all-knowing and powerful God is, and then turn right around and tell you how God didn't expect man to act this way or that things didn't go according to God's plan.

Lots of people don't understand the concept of all-knowing.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So you are trying to tell me god created satan and he didn't know what was going to happen?

God created an angel with free will that chose to become Satan.

Angels and humans have always had free will. If God interfered, it wouldn't be free will. We have to chose to do things His way.

Your choices are not predetermined. God can see the future, but people make their choices. Problems arise when someone with bad intentions exerts their free will on others.

God has a purpose, that cannot be thwarted. In the end, everyone screwed over by Satan's scheme will have a second chance.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by Kailassa

Where is the supposed contrast? Both God and Jesus give people a chance. Some are truly wicked and are cut of from everlasting life.

Funny thing about the story of Lot. Nothing is ever said about the rape gang that wanted the male angels for their own pleasure. Lot is always the bad guy it seems.

I don't know what was going through Lot's mind. Did he try to protect God's angels with what was most valuable to him? The men in that mob were his neighbors. He may have thought they wouldn't harm his girls and come to their senses.

By the way nothing happened to the girls.

My guess is that you are getting your information from something other than the King James Bible?

The male neighbors wanted the men inside of the house - and demanded they come out so they could "know" them. Lot, and his family, were allowed to escape the fire and brimstone, BY God, and then Lot's wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt.

Everyone was destroyed except Lot and his kids.
You can see the remains of the two cities HERE

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Maybe you are confusing "all knowing" with "all controlling"?

What good would it be if God created us with Him totally at the wheel of our choices - wouldn't that be sort of like a "Stepford Wives" movie? There would have been no point in our creation, nor in Him creating humanity ever.

God is God, and He wants us to not only love Him, but also to admire and be in awe of Him.
The ONLY thing that would keep us, mankind, from doing that for Him would be OUR pride and vanity.

I fully believe that He will use the bad times and bad things in our lives to give us a choice of asking for His help/faith/strength, or to think we can do it allllll on our own.

If everything in life, everything on this planet - all went good and everything was always peachy keen ............. what is the point of a planet, or species, like that?

Humans only learn lessons in bad times - because when things are going good for us, and we aren't whining about things, we don't learn squat.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Knowing what I know about the RCC.

Knowing what I know about their misogyny.

Knowing what I know about the bloody history of organized religion.

And knowing what I know about the GREED for money organized religion possesses.

Why would I trust anything in our current editions of the Bible?

I look at the Bible as a nice collection of written word, some beautiful and some clearly on agenda.

Any book promoted and used to order deaths of disbelievers is NOT a book I feel comfortable basing my life around.

Don't be deceived though - God's Scriptures, His Word, can be believed. What CAN'T be believed is ANY (A_N_Y) man made entity or organization that "claims" to be of God - but is only interested in their own greed and gain.

God did not create all of the "religions" on the planet - mankind did - aka satan. God created us, the planet, the universe, and His Bible which is His instructions for us while on this planet. But as usual, mankind decided to get all puffed up with pride and vanity and start creating his own "religions", his own "gods".

Why do you think we are now in the end days - God's wrath has just begun - because of mankind's evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by discolo

So........a talking snake.......told a naked woman.....to eat a magic apple!!
That makes me a sinner?

No, what makes you, and all the rest of us, sinners is the choices WE make every day of our lives -

.....such as murder, lying, stealing, coveting, slander, homosexuality, adultery, prostitution, etc.

We are ALL sinners - not just you, my friend - ALL of us.

The ONLY thing that we, as humans, can do in order to escape damnation is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

And nope, you don't have to choose Jesus - that is entirely up to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
IF all religions went away with a puff of smoke,Then id give it one year if that before we created another reason for hate and war and to keep evil around mans world, its big andbucks some one is always shafting some one ,Man is full of flaws he is spiritually imperfect. Even for the best of the best being good for life is impossible.
who does not ever get jealous mad at a person , covetous ,or just say f him,plot revenge.think of revenge ,drop white lies to cause trouble, on and on it goes

so we need as a society variouse types of religion depending on culture.

thats my thought anyways

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Originally posted by discolo

No, what makes you, and all the rest of us, sinners is the choices WE make every day of our lives -

.....such as murder, lying, stealing, coveting, slander, homosexuality, adultery, prostitution, etc.

We are ALL sinners - not just you, my friend - ALL of us.

I'm sorry but I didn't catch which one of the 10 commandments covers homosexuality or prostitution.
I guess it all depends on your definition of sin.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver

Bottom line - stop blaming God for mankind's evil choices.

I think that is quite impossible, because god created mankind. He is supposedly all-knowing, so he knew from scratch what we would be like. Yet he created us so he is definitely responsible for the misery of this world. He knew beforehand who would do what, so 1.) he created evil and 2.)there is no such thing as free will, because it was determined from day one what would happen. If god wouldn know that all, how can he be all-knowing
If you actually really believe in this god and what he says is true,then face the fact that he is indeed responsible.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Gwynniver]

Sadly your logic is flawed and childish in it's selfish attempt to explain your life's frustrations and blame it on anyone except yourself, and then ultimately blame it on God?
Please....

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

Adultery covers both of those - sex is sex.

The Ten Commandments are not the only commandments/laws in the Bible.

If you are interested, all of God's laws are detailed in the Bible- as well as His
promises for those of us that overcome this sinful world.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Non believers should keep in mind that it has been mankind that has given God, and the Bible, the evil reputation it, and He, seems to have.

We should be placing blame on the ones who caused it and who deserves it - mankind.

God didn't create all of the "religions" and evilness that we see today. That "credit" goes to satan via mankind.

Don't allow satan to use you - society is making things way too easy for him as it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When men believe that they are the hub of the wheel, they will always see things in reverse and kill others. But when he learns that he is only a spoke of a body he sees the answer to everything in existence in the 3rd dimension.

I hardly think that we will ever make progress on our quest for answers if we continue to not acknowledge the existence of higher dimensions.

In that particular verse of John in the absolute truth and compared to the Akashic Record means that your spirit will not be slayed if you acknowledge your vision of the Source and you Belief with no uncertainty that it is it's body that you live within. In that conscience of spiri, you will know that you are all things on this planet, with the gift of being allowed to reincarnate and eventually ascend to a higher conscience being. Perhaps a planet and eventually a Star, or Galaxy..Universe....on and on. But the fact is that your physical death on this earth, is nothing but a severed finger on the hands of your higher being. From that perception you will realize that you are not dead...but VERY alive.

As long as people think physical death is proof of non existence, they will never understand the bible or anything related to the truth of our Universe and creation.

The person who wrote that verse was channeling from the higher self. These are the words of truth, and in the truth, you will never realized you have ever died. But in your disbelief of your higher selves and that of the Source, you will spend the final moments of your life sucked into the vortex of negative energy, where you will no doubt reincarnate at a lower level to relearn what you lacked in vision. Perhaps living a more enslaved life than the one before...

Law of attraction and the Court of Karma. They are very swift and exact in the final hour.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think you're confusing all-knowing and omnipotence. God is omnipotent. Before time began, God already knew how it would end and everything in between.
You mention God's wrath and the end of days as if God is an angry child..."What?! Those puny humans want to ignore my commandments? I'll show them!" Dude, God knew before he created the universe that we would be like we are. He can't help it, he's God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join