It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lie is John 3:16

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
cThe Great Lie is John 3:16

Perhaps the most famous Bible Verse is John 3:16 in the New Testament where Jesus allegedly said, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” This is the exact wording from the King James Version of the Holy Bible, the most widely accepted version of the Holy Bible.

Unfortunately, for all mankind, this verse is not only a lie, but has served to force Christianity upon people in the most destructive fashion imaginable. This false teaching, initially attributed to Jesus by the Roman Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D., has been instrumental in the murdering of millions of innocent people over the past 1700 years.

In 325 A.D., there were numerous religions being practiced around the world. Constantine found it difficult to control people who worshipped gods perceived to be wiser and more powerful than any man, including the Roman Emperor. Constantine preferred to think of himself as a god, at least the most god-like man on Earth, and he fully expected everyone else to give him the respect a god like him deserved.

Therefore, Constantine decided to start his very own religion, center it around Jesus of Nazareth, make Jesus the only son of God, and make it possible for people to gain entry into Heaven ONLY if they become members of his new church and believe that Constantine, The First Pope, is the only divine human on Earth allowed to grant people access to both God and entry into Heaven.

This same lie about the Pope being the most divine of all men and the Catholic Church being the ONLY path to God and Heaven is still being sold by the Catholic Church today. They continue to threaten eternal damnation in Hell for anyone who rejects this horrendous lie.

Constantine used his power and influence to literally force people to become members of his new church, the ONLY way for people to gain access to God and Heaven. When people refused to cooperate, they were labeled heretics and either forced out of town or put to death.

Constantine’s new form of Christianity and his new church, The Church of Rome has become what we know today as the Roman Catholic Church. In order for Constantine to properly sell his new religion, help it grow, and strengthen his ability to control people at the same time, he needed a rule book, A Bible, to eliminate any confusion and make sure people were doing what he wanted them to do.

Therefore, in 325 A.D. Constantine commissioned the writing of the first bible and Constantine also served as the Editor of the first Christian Bible. Of course, he carefully constructed his Bible to be primarily a source of control for him, but this new bible and his new religion also had to be widely perceived as a source of wisdom and goodness.

Constantine carefully infused the lies he needed for control with the truth he needed to effectively sell this new religion. Many of the original teachings of Jesus and other spiritual teachers were not included in Constantine’s new Bible for obvious control reasons.

Since the discovery of both the Dead Sea Scrolls in Israel and the Nag Hammadi Library in northern Egypt in the 1940’s and 1950’s, we have learned of numerous writings from Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Thomas, Philip, and others which contain powerful teachings suppressed by Constantine.

Much of the suppressed information pertained to the teachings of Jesus and others regarding the divine nature of all things, the all pervading nature of God, the fact that everything consists of this God. They taught about the Holy Trinity actually referring to the Omnipresence of God, the Omnipotence of God, and the Omniscience of God.

Jesus, Mary, and others were all regarded as great teachers of truth. There was far more discussion about the divine feminine which Constantine’s Bible almost totally suppressed. The truth about the divinity of mankind was suppressed by Constantine.
The idea that each human being is literally a child of God, making all of us brothers and sisters so to speak was suppressed.

The idea of an eternal life in Hell was heavily emphasized by Constantine’s Bible and his new church all for obvious control reasons. Jesus and the more spiritually minded teachers freely and openly talked of the possibility of such things as reincarnation as a form of training. Those truths and character traits we fail to honor and demonstrate in one life will be honored and demonstrated in future incarnations.

No, ladies and gentlemen, the Great Lie is John 3:16. Jesus and his more spiritually minded friends who believed in the ONENESS of GOD and the divinity of ALL people, including ALL men and women, would have never have told the lie credited to him in John 3:16.

Of course, the Catholic Church has evolved into the most evil and destructive institution in world history. For well documented proof of this, simply refer to Vatican Assassins
by Eric Jon Phelps. You can also refer to any number of works by the late Avro Manhattan.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.This is the verdict:

Light has come into the world,

but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. What is the best way to search for the original teachings of Jesus? Dead sea scrolls? Also, would those teachings be considered Gnostic, or is that something totally different? Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
[edit on 21-3-2010 by Tiger5]

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The only thing I get from this is a "man", again, tried to become God, and it backfired on him.

That story is a repeat of numerous people throughout history -

Constantine had his wife, and son, put to death - and was part of the infamous Roman Empire.

I think the above says it all.

Most non believers want so very much to blame God for the evil choices of man. Understand - God did not create all of these earthly secular "religions" that we read of in our history, and continue to read about even in today's world. Mankind has been notorious for not agreeing with the Bible, or God, and has decided to make his own "religion" and "god(s)", as well as coining his own "bible(s)".

God doesn't "cause" evil but "allows" mankind freewill to make those choices. Constantine, like billions of others throughout history, and today, have made poor choices due to evilness.

Bottom line - stop blaming God for mankind's evil choices.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would recommend to anyone interested in this topic read , Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why by Bart D Ehrman .

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

What are you basing this assumption on? Could you link some sources as the concept you are proposing is def something that deserves looking into.

You have peaked my interest but if you could link some of your source information would be great.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I think that is quite impossible, because god created mankind. He is supposedly all-knowing, so he knew from scratch what we would be like. Yet he created us so he is definitely responsible for the misery of this world. He knew beforehand who would do what, so 1.) he created evil and 2.)there is no such thing as free will, because it was determined from day one what would happen. If god wouldn know that all, how can he be all-knowing
If you actually really believe in this god and what he says is true,then face the fact that he is indeed responsible.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Gwynniver]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I would recommend to anyone interested in this topic read , Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why by Bart D Ehrman .

Is this book written from a balance objective view point?

Just thought I would ask as I have bought a few books on similar subjects only to be disappointed because fo the writers complete biased investigations.

Really annoying to pay for a book in this area and either have them trying to convert you to religeon or completely try to discredit it rather than just laying our an objective investigation.

Thank in advance for your reply

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver

I think that is quite impossible, because god created mankind. He is supposedly all-knowing, so he knew from scratch what we would be like. Yet he created us so he is definitely responsible for the misery of this world. He knew beforehand who would do what, so 1.) he created evil and 2.)there is no such thing as free will, because it was determined from day one what would happen. If god wouldn know that all, how can he be all-knowing
If you actually really believe in this god and what he says is true, then face up to the fact that he is indeed responsible.

God created mankind perfect - it was satan who approached Adam and Eve in the Garden and tempted them - which led to sin. From that point on, mankind was born into sin - we are, by and at birth, sinners separated from God. Enter Jesus Christ, who was sent as our only way out to avoid eternal damnation. IF we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we escape eternal hell.

Again, it depends on us to make the right choice.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

And too, blaming God for what we do is like blaming a parent for what their adult children do, and choices they make.

There comes a time when we, as adults, have to "human up" and accept responsibility, and accountability, for our poor choices.

God is not a scapegoat to be blamed anytime anything bad happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Yes for the most part . Do a quick amazon search on the book and give the reviews a read so that you can see some of the reviews first hand .

I am a " Christian " and I enjoyed the book and found it to be very interesting on the history of the various texts that make up the gospel .

The Author of the book was once a believing christian but has sense changed his mind . But having said that he doesn't attack anything nor did reading his book destroy my faith . It did however explain a lot about how the gospels were put together and changed over time .

Good read and well worth it

Edit to add . The author was on coast to coast with Ian Punnett march 13 , two Saturdays ago . If you can find a copy give the show a listen to and you will see what the author is all about .

Once again the book was a good read

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by tempest501

Yes for the most part . Do a quick amazon search on the book and give the reviews a read so that you can see some of the reviews first hand .

I am a " Christian " and I enjoyed the book and found it to be very interesting on the history of the various texts that make up the gospel .

The Author of the book was once a believing christian but has sense changed his mind . But having said that he doesn't attack anything nor did reading his book destroy my faith . It did however explain a lot about how the gospels were put together and changed over time .

Good read and well worth it

Edit to add . The author was on coast to coast with Ian Punnett march 13 , two Saturdays ago . If you can find a copy give the show a listen to and you will see what the author is all about .

Once again the book was a good read

Cheers, I will order it later adn take a look. Sounds like may give my viewpoint some help as i was raised as Christian but our church did not like the fact I would ask question and gave the usual "Just have faith". As I got older despite wanting to believe in a higher being/God i found the bible stories a bit far fetched so this may help me see it for what it really is.

Like I said want to believe in a God but when I read the bible it like my head is just saying " what the hell this just cant be true". I am def a beliver that Jesus lived though and must have been a special guy thats for sure.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't understand how you can make such a statement that John 3:16 is a big lie? How could you possibly know? It seems to me that you have a problem with Constantine or the Catholic Church.

The Council of Trent is where Catholic church leaders got together and put together some of the writings of Hebrews and Greeks and decided which writings would be put together in a group of books called the Bible.

There are thousands of manuscripts that confirm historical significance of those included and many not included in the Bible we have today. Not everyone agrees with the omission of or addition of the groups of books and writings called the today's bible.

Finally, you can chose to believe or disbelieve what John 3:16 says. What you or I believe doesn't make it true or false.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Man, I'd like my God to meet your God in a back alley.

My God is omnipotent. The church God is just a guy with super powers. Big difference.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well done OP!

It's about time that people start to wake up from the nightmare known as the Catholic Church, and the King James version.

If the diehards would just take 5 min. of studying and reflecting and philosophizing they would realize that they have had the wool pulled over their eyes for 1900 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

double post

[edit on 21-3-2010 by The Baby Seal Club]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I think the parables are the best place to seek the teachings of Jesus.

Oddly people think Jesus taught the crowds all the things he shared with his disciples. But he clearly did not if one reads what the Gospels say. He constantly is telling them....Even when I tell you things of heaven...you dont understand. He gave the crowds the milk...he gave his disciples the food.

You will also find parables in the gnostic texts, sometimes the exact same parables that are in the Gospels. Truth is always between the lines, so discernment with the Spirit is needed.

You might find this thread interesting...it is one I made of something I found in what is called the Gospels of peace....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its about the humble grass....and how the sun, water, and Earth are within that humble grass. It is supposedly a teaching of Jesus. Not sure if that is truth...but interesting none the less.

The Gospel of Thomas is a good one also.

We dont know anything for sure...but I try to seek out teachings that bring humility, peace, and love.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Contrast these words, supposedly spoken by Jesus:

John 3: 16-18 (New International Version)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

to these words, supposedly spoken by Jesus:

Matthew 25: 31-46 (New International Version)

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Jesus stated that he did not come to change the law, he came to fulfil the law. We are continually reminded in the old testament that the law of the righteous was charity.

Why was Lot singled out as a righteous man and saved from the pyroclasmic fate of Sodom?

Lot not only invited a pair of complete strangers into his home, offering them food and shelter, but he performed the ultimate act of charity, sending his own virgin daughters out to be raped by the angry crowd rather than allow harm to come to his guests.

Fathers then loved their daughters as they do now, and the purity of the womenfolk was of the highest importance to the family. But this story taught there was one virtue even more important than the purity of one's dearest daughters, and that was charity, even charity to complete strangers.

The ancient Hebrews tithed, each giving a proportion of their food to feed the hungry. Farmers were forbidden from harvesting the grain left behind by the initial harvest, that was to be left for the poor to glean for themselves.

So we see the teaching of Jesus in Matthew, that there will be only one consideration taken into account in separating the sheep from the goats, and that is charity, - who took care of the poor.

In this passage there is no mention of beliefs, "goodness" or spirituality. You may be an atheist, a criminal, a prostitute, even a politician, and still be welcomed into heaven if you truly cared for those in need and provided for them.

The two passages are contradictory, they cannot both be true.
One passage gives power to the head of the religion.
The other passage fulfils the ancient and ongoing Hebrew traditions of charity.

One must choose which truly quotes the words of Christ.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The council did not create the doctrine of the deity of Christ as is sometimes claimed. This idea had long existed in various parts of the Roman empire. It had also long been widely endorsed by the Christian community of the otherwise pagan city of Rome.[5] Instead, the council affirmed and defined what it had found to be the teachings of the Apostles regarding who Christ is: that Christ is the one true God in deity with the Father. Contrary to the view popularised by Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code, there is no evidence to suggest that the Biblical canon, the list of books decided to be authorative as scripture, was even discussed at the Council of Nicaea, let alone established or edited.

Wikipedia First Council of Nicaea

Constantine held pagan beliefs. The council of nicaea did not write or edit the books of the Bible, they simply decided what would be taught in christendom.

God inspired the writers of the Bible. Christendom twisted the scriptures.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by dusty1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join