It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something you must know about the number and the mark of the beast :

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The number 666 cannot be regarded as anything but symbolic the same as the number 144000. At the beginning of the Book of Revelation John is toldthat this revelation was "sent and SIGNIFIED by his angel..." It was to be given in SIGNS, not to be taken literally. Search for the identity of the "beast" has led to various and very different conclusions throught the ages. For example, taking the value of the letters in the Greek alphabet someone came out with the word "LATINUS" - the Latin Man - which many thought referred to the Pope.
Anyway, I would not put too much value on the Book itself because, according to verse one of chapter one all these prophecies were about "things which MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS". Two thousand years have gone by and as these "things" have still not come to pass one must come to the conclusion that "John" was pulling somebody's leg at that time. So you may all rest easily.

[edit on 6-6-2004 by avflf]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well OpusDei,

It is a possibility, according to the definition of "conspiracy!"

A plan or agreement between 2 or more people to commit an illegal or subversive action.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
God is omniscient. satan wants to be "god". The trouble is he can't because he is not omnipotent, omniscient or omnipresent. The Bible says the mark will be in the right hand or forehead. This could simply mean that God will know who belongs to Him by what we do and think. I think there's more to it. When you use a credit card or other type of card you leave mark of where you were and when you were there. When the mark of the beast comes (whether it's an computer chip implant or something else we don't know about yet), besides the economic decision you are making it will also be a decision to reject the one true God and by taking it you will be giving the anti-christ a form of omniscience about you that satan has been trying for so he can be "like" God. More than anything else it's a spiritual decision.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I do not believe there is a "Satan"-I do however believe it is possible that we will work toward a "One-World"-Government. I see a serious problem with that....

[edit on 04-08-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I didn't think about this till I finished my last porst and sent it. The 4 horsemen in the book of Revelation are riding a white, red, black and pale (green)horse. The national flags for Iraq, Kuwait , Syria, Jordan and I believe the PLO have these 4 colors in them, and other middle eastern countries have certain of these colors. This maybe just a coincidence or maybe this is what God is trying to tell us.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
First of all I won't give satan the honor of a capital s. You say you don't believe there is a satan. That's what he wants, to be able to work undetected.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
the capital "S" represents a proper noun.

You have to remember,

you believe he is real,

I do not,

So, your truth is not the same as my own.

I once believed in a Satan. In fact I was a very good Sunday-School-Teaching-Bible-Believing-Christian.

Now, I am not...

I don't think that Satan decieved me......

I think God(dess) does not get mad when we search for the Truth with a sincere heart,

and recognize that one religion does not hold the supreme truth.

~JMO~

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I believe that the mark will be a chip. Somewhere in Revelation is a mention about God causing a 'sore' on the head/hand of those who accept the mark. Imagine something like an EMP pulse causing the mini-battery needed to power the chip to fail. The skin could then suffer an allergic reaction.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
i think we all have the mark already...your s.s.#...you can hold it in your hand as a card and your forehead is where your immediate memory is...kinda like your ram on your comp...besides...try to buy or sell anything of value without it...good luck...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I believe that the mark will be a chip. Somewhere in Revelation is a mention about God causing a 'sore' on the head/hand of those who accept the mark. Imagine something like an EMP pulse causing the mini-battery needed to power the chip to fail. The skin could then suffer an allergic reaction.

Revelation Chapter 9 :

1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.

2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.
3 And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.
4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man.

6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.
8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.
9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.
10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.
11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.[1]

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
the capital "S" represents a proper noun.

You have to remember,

you believe he is real,

I do not,

So, your truth is not the same as my own

I once believed in a Satan. In fact I was a very good Sunday-School-Teaching-Bible-Believing-Christian.

Now, I am not...

I don't think that Satan decieved me......

I think God(dess) does not get mad when we search for the Truth with a sincere heart,

and recognize that one religion does not hold the supreme truth.

~JMO~

lsg,
When you read this I'm not trying to play tit for tat, my posts are not sent to demean. But, it's God's truth not mine, I have chosen hear His call to believe Him. I feel bad that you have chosen the login name that you have, it says a lot. Don't get uptight, but I want to pray for you. What caused you to reject God?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The MOTB is around the corner.
The tattoos that the unfortunate sufferers of Nazi germany experienced Hell - no doubt, but it (like most things in history) was a different event and a forshadowing of events to come.

Most people do not understand that you will WANT to take it, it cannot nor will not be forced upon you. You must make a choce - "Choose you this day whom you will serve."

Yes, after the stock market crashed the SSN's were instituted, our country - unfortunately - has always been the "testing grounds" for the NWO and their leader, satan. SSN's are not it - the mark has to be an 11 digit number (age of Aquarius symbology) and the verichip happens to hold a unique 11 digit code per chip as well as all of the PRODUCT one must PURCHASE that will be tagged by these new product IDchips.

It's already here people - you can't even go to SeaWorld without sticking your RIGHT HAND into a SCANNER and having them record your PRINT. You must first accept the usage of this technology (MARK IN THE HEAD) before you will submit to actually using it (RIGHT HAND).

The left hand is known as the sinister hand - it is fitting then that our so called "good hand" will be used to our demise - remember, it is always that which you least suspect.

In regards to people denying the TRUTH about GOD and His plan for salvation I say this - You will die in your sins whether you take the mark or not, the BIBLE is very clear on this.

People who say "I was a Christian once" are copping out- their pride (the devils greatest sin) is preventing them from being truly saved.

When the day comes for the United Goverment - United Religions we will see a United Currency, it's already happening in the New Roman Empire (EU).

It's Just a matter of time people, who's will you be - God's or satan's - God gave us the best gift of all... Free Will. Choose wisely.

God is the keeper of my soul and I pray that those of you in denial of THE TRUTH will have an opportunity to change before you "Get Chipped". LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Personally, I believe it will be a chip in the hand or on the forehead.....I belive rev. is playing out ...tis the beginning...hell the u.n. isnt in controll yet...and jp2 is still pope. There are many co.'s working on identity , chips , implants ect ec....more n more society is being controlled by computers n cameras....still not all in place.....and as Long as the U.S.A. IS STILL FREE AND THE WORLD LEADER ...bet we get knocked out by traitors who sell us all out for the NWO to take place....the worst is truly yet to come...I dont think it's a ss#...As not everyone HAS ONE.....it has to be global......who nows what the world will be like in 20 yrs....in 1984 I had no idea it would be like it is today

TIME WILL TELL.....

[edit on 9-6-2004 by tad6015]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
tad6015,

Very good - but we are not as free as you may think.

We are becoming more like a communist state everyday.

Like I mentioned - you can't even get into SeaWorld without submitting to the system. All this is being put in place because of the so-called war on terror.

They should call it by what it really is - "The War on Our Personal Freedoms and Rights."

What kind of country do we live in that allows a prez candidate to give the finger to a protester and have him arrested for his freedom to speak.

-Sorry, that last part was a just a tamtrum...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Have you heard about the sons of cain ?

And what do you think about that : the number of the beast and the mark of beast. If we were wrong in our views ? What if it wasn't only a payment or identification system like a micro-chip but also, a sort of religion of state ?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nans What version of REV is that? Just wondering what text that came from , that isnt the way it is in my bible? Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In english, my favourite version of the Bible is the King James Version (KJV) :

www.cforc.com...

And also sometimes the Darby version can be interessant (even if it's the Jehova's witness version...)

bible.christiansunite.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here is the socalled Scholarly Solution to the 666 Problem:

I think when it comes to the "666" in the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (i.e. Book of Revelation in the "bible") we have to recognise two basic facts:

The passage in Revelation chapter 13 is in the "margin" (there are 70 "marginal glosses" in the Book of Revelation which were later copied into the text itself: these glosses were added by copyists who were trying to make sense of the text or add their own two cents worth, but they all interrrupt the flow of the already bad Greek to start with.

There are two different Numbering Systems to identify the Beast:

Some MSS read "Here is Wisdom: this is the number of the Beast and it is the number of a man and his number is 666"

other MSS read: "Here is Wisdom, this is the number of the Beast and it is the number of a man and his number is 616"

So whatever "solution" to the puzzle for the Number of the Beast (the name ANTI CHRIST does NOT occur in the Book of Revelation, contrary to popular belief) the name has to fulfil both requirements, 616 and 666.

The only solution so far that has merit (since the underlying base languages of the Book of Revelation, although written in the text used in the NT in bad Greek, is Hebrew and Aramaic mixed like the book of Daniel)
is NERON CAESAR (or NERO CAESAR)

Ancient Hebrew has no written vowels (except the letter O sometimes, for which they used the letter VAV, and sometimes the letter I for which they used the letter YOD):

NERO CAESAR would have been spelled NRO QSR and the letters add up to 616 (aleph = 1, beth = 2, gimmel = 3 daled = 4, heh = 5 , Vav =6, Zayin = 7, cheth = 8, tet = 9, yod = 10, kaph =20, lamed =30, mem=40, nun=50, samek = 60, qayin = 70, phe= 80, tsadeh = 90, quph = 100, resh = 200, shin-sin = 300 and tav = 400) = NUN + RESH + VAV and QUPH + SAMEK + RESH = 616

NERON CAESAR (his Greek pronunciation) = NRON QSR = NUN + RESH + VAV + NUN and QUPH + SAMEK + RESH = 666

Since the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite, whoever he was (aka The Book of Revelation) was written during the First Jewish War (AD 66-72) the first part during the reign of the Emperor of Rome (Nero Caesar), the person who wrote the marginalia was trying to implicate the current Emperor.

However, the book had gone through several revisions since that time, with the writers still looking forward to an Overthrow of the Roman Empire (the 2nd Jewish Revolt also failed in AD 136 under Shimeon Bar Kosiba, aka Bar-Kokhba) and the Victory of the Chosen People etc. which never came about, since the 2nd Temple was destroyed in 70 AD and never rebuilt to this day.

Oddly, those who try to bring modern people into a number system "to identify the Beast of Revelation" (like the English A = 6, B=12, C=18 type of system) will find that KISSINGER also comes up as 666 as well as RONALD WILSON REAGAN (number of letters in his name) and probably 100 others.

The VISA Company is also a curious "solution" : VI = 6 + Sigma + A (which is V + I) since "no one was allowed to buy or sell without the mark of the beast on his right hand or forehead..."

Perhaps these solution hunters are unaware that the Cult of Mithras (the rival to early Christianity which the Emperors of Rome all belonged to in the 1st and 2nd centuries AD) used to brand their followers with a mark on the right hand and in the middle of their foreheads....

How's that for a bit of useless trivia?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
what about this idea?

The Anti-Christ is actually the Bible or other religious books because they try to "force" you to follow these teachings without guiding you toward greater understanding. They preach through fear and manipulation.

The mark of the beast would take its form in this way - Biometric implants

Its ok to laugh and ridicule this concept but just be aware and if they offer you one then don't allow them to mark you, before the police state comes in and forces you to wear it.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaznj
well..I have to post my bit on the mark of the beast. the bible says many things about the mark in Revelation chapter 13...
-it is a man's number....(SS NUMBER)
-it is the Mark of the beast(MARK OF BEAST)
-it will be used for buying and selling largest city in world for buying and selling is....(NEW YORK)
-those who get it will burn with hellfire. (NUCLEAR HELL)
-we are instructed to calculate the number...(COMPUTER)
The last thing we need to figure out this number...is....wisdom
Take the letter A which is the first letter of the alphabet...multiply it by 6 representing the devils number. Lets assign all the letters in the alphabet 6*the number of the letter in the alphabet.

Adolf Hitler... oddly enough, adds up to 660. Interesting. Is it possible that perhaps Hitler was the prelude to the coming of the beast and the next despot will be the beast?
A=1x6=6
B=2x6=12
C=3x6=18 (and so forth...)
d=24
e=30
f=36
g=42
h=48
i=54
j=60
k=66
l=72
m=78
n=84
o=90
p=96
q=102
r=108
s=114
t=120
u=126
v=132
w=138
x=144
y=150
z=156

now...do that for all the letters of the alphabet...
we get numbers.
now...I challenge anyone to take the capital letters in parenthesis and add the values together...

COMPUTER= 18+90+78+96+126+120+30+108=666

All these words come up as 666.
COMPUTER
SS NUMBER
MARK OF BEAST
NEW YORK
US OF AMERICA
NUCLEAR HELL
well...If anyone would like to take the real challenge....
figure out what Santa Claus comes out to......

If you reverse the order of the numbers...ie Z=6 and A=156...the word INTERNET comes up as 666. not saying that this is the code figured out...but simply to say that the number will take wisdom to figure out.
Perhaps much greater wisdom than this above.

By the way...to the guy who said that most of all the revelation prophecies have already been fulfilled...check your bible again. The current prophecy countdown is on hold between chapters 3 and 4 in revelation.
The word church disappears from the text and is seen no more until later on in the end of the book. Presumably because the church is no longer around (rapture).
ADIOS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join