It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: PRESS RELEASE: AboveTopSecret.com Breaks Traffic and Membership Records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SWINDON, UK - June 1, 2004 - Another record-breaking month has been experienced by the Internet's largest and most popular conspiracy-theory community, AboveTopSecret.com. Just one month ago, the members and operators of ATS (what they call the "AboveTopSecret.com community") were celebrating an extraordinary month of April, with traffic numbers in excess of 450,000 unique users. The month of May has shattered the April record, and more.

Thanks to excellent and timely reporting on ATSNN (the Above Top Secret News Network), and diverse discussion, the combined news and community domains have received 909,456 unique users in the month of May, and 10.7 million page views. The resulting bandwidth for the month is slightly over 300 gigabytes, 26% higher than the previous record breaking bandwidth amount just one month before. The interesting combination of news reports, combined with member comments and follow-ups appears to strike a chord with ATS's core audience of politically aware and socially concerned members. People came to droves to AboveTopSecret.com thanks to excellent analysis and coverage of several key events that took place during the month of May, 2004. First and foremost, there were two important threads covering the horrific beheading of Nick Berg that were both seen in the top-ten search returns on Google and other major search engines, when search on the topic. Achieving a high top-ten return on a critical current event is no easy task, and is directly related to the quality and relevance of the contributions of the community members of AboveTopSecret.com. However, basic traffic and user sessions only tells part of the story. More new members joined the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board in the month of May 2004, than in all of the first three years of its operation. This infusion of 3,101 new members is sure to provide new opinions, thoughts, and topics for discussion to continue the amazing growth of an increasingly important source of news and information. AboveTopSecret.com and the associated universe of domains are owned by Simon Gray and hosted out of Texas, USA. For more information about AboveTopSecret.com, and requests for interviews, send your inquiries to press@abovetopsecret.com [edit on 6-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Surely in June we'll manage over 1,000,000 unique users.

Jesus, this thing is huge......!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
way to go ATS

Well done to everyone

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just can't believe this...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I usually hate the whole 'numerology' kind of thing, mainly writing it off and coincidence or plain stupidity. However (!), the 300,000th post was on or around Dec 23rd 2003, some 161 days ago. We're now on around 567618 which is averaging about 1662 per day.

If we carry on at this level, the 1,000,000th ATS post will be on or around Feb 14th 2005, earily enough my birthday!

Could I be the chosen one? You decide numerology weirdo's!!

B

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Congratulations everyone. It is damn good to see this website grow and to inform people around the globe about various things.

Denying Ignorance? I think so.

In one month this website could have changed 450,000 peoples views about the world and about various dfferent things.

I like that change.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

We are the best

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hey Skeptic Overlord.....What is your current status with the banners, Bandwidth limit, income to pay for the server etc?

Everything ok?

I'd like to know everything of what's happening in that department.

It would be cool to put that in a graph and watch it climb ;P

I'd like to know how many people are clickin the ads ;P

And what happens when you runo ut of bandwidth? Going to get more?

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Could the massive amount of pageviews have anything to do with the ring hunters reading almost every post on the entire forum?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE Hey Skeptic Overlord.....What is your current status with the banners, Bandwidth limit,
Our bandwidth limit on our current set-up is 1,000 gigabytes per month. So we're in good shape there. The banners are getting close to getting operations out of the red, and have helped with some upgrades (more RAM), new services (WebMail), and fun stuff (Rings). It doesn't make much sense to compare with our old graphs, as we weren't keeping the most accurate possible traffic records until February of this year when we started using Urchin. Some of our old numbers were a bit off (especially in the unique users categories). Also, as you may notice, the ATS board is light on graphics, so if we had a more graphic design, our bandwidth would be over 500 gigabytes.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Also, as you may notice, the ATS board is light on graphics, so if we had a more graphic design, our bandwidth would be over 500 gigabytes.

Low graphics is good. ATS loads just about as fast as google on my dial-up which is pretty amazing considering the numberous little pics for points and whatnot.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
WOW, great job board!! This place is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. If there i anything I can do to help, be sure to ask.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ignorance is getting owned.

As a new user, I'm glad I found this place. Also, remember the strength in numbers.

--J1M

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dang, the server costs much be astronomical!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Excellent ATS Just excellent.
To the big news media outlets-See what happens when you tell the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
ATS is my first stop when I get up with my first coffee and my last stop when I finally go to bed.Thanks people.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We'll be the largest web site in the world!! *evil laugh* I love this web site and hope for the best of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A well run site and monitored .......makes all the difference in the world.a fun place to post.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
*sings*

We are the champions - my friend
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world!!!!!!!

Good Job Everyone! We Rule!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
CLAP-CLAP!!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And to think I have been here since it was just a tiny llittle place on the web. Back in the agentq and the knitewolf day's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join