It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusion in the US Governement... Always on the fence...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I found this article:

History lessons for US policy on Israel?

It talks about how the current administration is possibly in need of an advisor when it comes to the Palestinian and Israeli conflict; James Baker. It turns out that the guy was a hard liner who gained the respect of both sides in the conflict and who had no qualms of calling it as he saw things.

It also describes a current government who doesn't know what stance to take. For instance :

Washington's response went way beyond the usual mild protest. The present Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, said she felt insulted. A spokesman said the Israeli announcement sent what he called a "deeply negative signal", not just about the peace process, but about Israel's relationship with the United States. Strong stuff. A few days later, and the tone had already changed. Mrs Clinton spoke of the unshakable bond that ties Israel and the United States together. She's clearly got half an eye on Monday, when she and Benjamin Netanyahu both make speeches, on the same day, to the annual conference of AIPAC, the powerful pro-Israel lobby here in Washington.

When I was in high school, I had a great English teacher who taught us more about life than English... He would ask us a question and we would discuss the issue with the class and he would purposefully change his point of view or make you change yours in the middle. If he saw someone just change stances in the middle of a discussion for no reason, he would make sure you heard about it...

We are not in high school Obama, Clinton, & als... This is the real world, peace concerns all of us and you need to start paying attention to the reality, not where the $$ comes from. Your people deserve that more than anything.

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I guess the fact that there is no opinion from anyone yet means 1 of 2 things :

1. this is old news that I was not aware of
2. nobody cares.

Hey, maybe it's a little of column a and a little of column b...

Magnum

join