It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to get smart?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the tips on how to get smart or smarter. I believe that as long as you have the will power to learn new abilities there will be more brain power put to use. I know it won't be easy for me but I will put most of what I learned here to the test and see what makes me a more effective thinker. You guys are what make a difference in my life.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
stimulate your brain to different things. not just doing the same stuff you do to supposively get smart.

etc: watching youtube vids, and reading articles and books arent the only ways to learn.

broaden your horizon.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh yeah, one other thing (which unityemissions touched upon), if you do start taking vitamin C, you want to take it in divided doses, i.e. you get more benefit from one gram of C three times a day than from three grams once per day...what you want is for your blood concentration of C to never fall below a certain level, rather than for it to hit a way high level and then roller-coaster back down a few hours later in the day, that ain't the way to run things...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Sometimes it seems as we are losing some 'edge' but I think we may be more in control of this 'loss' than we are prone to believe.

Inadequate sleep, deeply flawed nutritional practices, lack of 'balance' in lifestyle choices, continuous exposure to 'casual' pollutants, it's hard to say which has little to no effect, and which require a change of behavior to resist.

I found as I got older that I must now 'cooperate' with my physiology, whereas when I was younger and more vital I could 'force' my body to obey my will. Staying up late, working too long, exerting myself beyond rational limits, challenging myself to increasingly stressful situations... when Young these weren't a problem. Now such activities must be 'considered' before pursuing them.

Smarter is often confused with 'more alert' or 'quick thinking'. Memory loss is (in my humble opinion) an illusion of the brain. I suspect knowledge is never lost (unless damage has occurred in the brain itself).

There are some really old eastern philosophers who have a lot of advice on this subject... they seem to know something, but I can't say I ever tried them or know whether its real or not.

Probably not much help, but, there you go.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, very good post!

I have been giving a lot of thought to this young person's situation.I have been in the same "boat" so to speak.

I am retired military and though I never served in a politically charged hostile situation,the stress put on me by totally incompetent senior leadership when I was a junior enlisted,forced me to learn how to deal with it.

The one thing I keep hearing from all the members responding is the need for a god diet,rest and all the things that promote a good healthy life style.

I think one thing you to do is if and when you get back to "the world" is seek out a Chiropractor.

I was having similar problems 20 years ago and happen to mention it to friend from work.

The first thing he said was,when was your last"adjustment"?

He explained a proper alignment of your spine will allow your body to function properly.

In your situation if you are humping loads and do a lot of physical activities,pretty sure you need a spinal alignment.

The Navy actually has Chiropractor's on their aircraft carriers and it has reduced the number of sick call visits and people not being allowed on the flight deck because they are on drugs,down 70%.

I felt like a totally new person after my first visit.I found out through years of abuse my left leg was shorter than my right because my spine had caused my hips to be out of alignment.

After 3 adjustments,I was riding my bicycle everywhere,enjoyed P.T.(go figure)and slept like a bear and actually started having great dreams again.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, very good post!

I have been giving a lot of thought to this young person's situation.I have been in the same "boat" so to speak.

I am retired military and though I never served in a politically charged hostile situation,the stress put on me by totally incompetent senior leadership when I was a junior enlisted,forced me to learn how to deal with it.

The one thing I keep hearing from all the members responding is the need for a god diet,rest and all the things that promote a good healthy life style.

I think one thing you to do is if and when you get back to "the world" is seek out a Chiropractor.

I was having similar problems 20 years ago and happen to mention it to friend from work.

The first thing he said was,when was your last"adjustment"?

He explained a proper alignment of your spine will allow your body to function properly.

In your situation if you are humping loads and do a lot of physical activities,pretty sure you need a spinal alignment.

The Navy actually has Chiropractor's on their aircraft carriers and it has reduced the number of sick call visits and people not being allowed on the flight deck because they are on drugs,down 70%.

I felt like a totally new person after my first visit.I found out through years of abuse my left leg was shorter than my right because my spine had caused my hips to be out of alignment.

After 3 adjustments,I was riding my bicycle everywhere,enjoyed P.T.(go figure)and slept like a bear and actually started having great dreams again.

I had no idea that the Navy had Chiropractor's in the aircraft carriers. Did they do it for free and and how long does this adjustment take? I am intrigued now
. Hopefully I can find one for cheap in the states.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hey what you should do is read alot, your brain is a muscle and whenyou read you exercise it. any book will do, but i would suggest warhammer and warhammer 40k there very philosophical under the guise of blood and gore, it's surprising

i started reading warhammer my junior year and my grade went up lfrom a d-f average to a c-b average it sounds crazy but its true

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
hey what you should do is read alot, your brain is a muscle and when you read you exercise it. any book will do, but i would suggest warhammer and warhammer 40k there very philosophical under the guise of blood and gore, it's surprising

i started reading warhammer my junior year and my grades went up from a d-f average to a c-b average it sounds crazy but its true

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

sorry i ment to edit not quote

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by orionthehunter

The only part of the brain that produces new neurons is the hippocampus. While it is where working memory is stored before moving on to long-term memory, memory itself is stored across the entirety of the cortex. What happens when you learn something new is not that new neurons form, but instead the neurons that are already existent in the brain create new connections with other neurons, creating larger neural networks.

Thanks for correcting what I stated earlier. I thought about this after I logged off and knew learning new skills meant new connections, not necessarily new neurons. I just didn't have any sleep all night myself at the time of my post.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Most (perhaps all) people have a chronic infection that effects their health in various ways. One effect of this is that cell mediated immunity is up regulated. There are several ramifications to this but one that may be relevant is that cells are directed to sequester tryptophan. The rationale for this is that tryptophan is the least abundant essential amino acid and limiting its availability, slows the replication of pathogens.

Tryptophan is a direct precursor to some important neurotransmitters like melatonin and serotonin. I think this probably explains the wide spread use of sleeping pills and antidepressant medications. And more importantly to your question, this probably leads to difficulty in recall and perhaps even forming memories.

- PM

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello ATS. Over the years I try to learn new things in life and how I can better myself, but it seems like my ability to retain knowledge is slipping away and I find it harder to learn things now then ever before... Someone help me out here.

Hi Stop Loss,

I can attest for this difficulty. At a young age I used to be very smart, having my intellectual aptitudes boosted during the CIA's MK Ultra Project Talent hypnotic sessions in that agency's mind control brain enhancement program. However I turned renegade as a teen and had my brain hit very hard by an attack, a young lady said to me "try this" and applied a cloth coated in Trichloroethene dry cleaning fluid to my nose and said to me "breathe in deep". I now know who sent her, and it is no coincidence that later she traveled to Latin America to meet up with Guerrillas and then became Yasser Arafat's press attache. That Palestinian teenager basically performed an agency hit against a young rebel who refused to be an agency asset. And I assume that is also why she was later strategically placed in the Palestinian leader's entourage, she now works as a international journalist presumably advancing various agency agendas, and is very lucky that I haven't taken retaliatory action against her and her handlers.

From brilliant in my early years, I thus suddenly found many of my childhood memories permanently erased since this dry cleaning chemical happens to destroy your neurones. Much of my academic education was in substance deleted from my brain's memory, and this was permanent. And my abilities were distinctly lessened. It took my more than four years to regain sufficient language skills to be able to gain employment and survive in society, and it was an uphill battle to reconquer what was the lost memory of a superior intellect. I took this opportunity to learn to survive with missing sections of memory, and with various learned notions needing to be reacquired or somehow dispensed with. This however afforded the opportunity for me to fundamentally "rewire my brain" according to my own choices and design and far less in alignment with society's or some agency's desiderata.

Yes, it is possible, to this my experience attests. However, we must not fail to understand that our minds are sensitive to many chemical agents, some are used to enhance it by operatives in dedicated programs, such as Project Talent, others are used to dull it such as Fluoride in your water, soft drinks, reconstituted fruit juices, tap water, beer, mineral water and water fountains in companies as well as in toothpaste. Another one is aluminum which enters your body through many products, such as anti-perspiration roll-on mixtures or sprays, and through aluminum foil which gets toxic and assimilated once heated during cooking. This metal blocks your brain signals and prevents neurons from communication messages, making you de facto unable to connect ideas together and rendering your logical functions defunct.

So first I recommend only drinking imported water or well water, if you live in the USA, and also fresh squeezed fruit juices NOT from concentrate would be fluoride free. Stop brushing your teeth or use anything other than supermarket toothpaste to avoid fluoride. Coffee and tea are also filled with fluoridated water, and mood enhancement or anti-depressants are formulated to stop your mind from churning. The Powers That Be want to whittle down opponents by making them unable to think and thus unable to act intelligently in rebellion against their oppression. The first political move for any Freedom Fighter is to reconquer one's mind, starting with an insurgency against their chemical warfare against our brains!

Then, it is simply a matter of developing a genuine personal sincere interest for whatever appeals to you and building upon that. When I was rebuilding my mind I had to start developing an entirely new value system where things gained significance, starting with small things in my daily life and gradually connecting my experience with broader ideas and phenomena. It is simply a matter of allowing yourself time to do so, and the sky's the limit. In evidence I later became a researcher in human logic and intelligence processes so that goes to prove that it doesn't really matter where you start from, you simply have to stick with it and trust your impressions and develop your own subjective relationship towards reality. I find that this is probably the most rewarding part of reconquering one's mind in the communication battleground of modern society: don't let anyone else tell you what matters or what is true. That is YOUR CALL.

Best,

Getsmart

edit on 27-2-2012 by Getsmart because: what matters is what matters to you, build on that - WHAT YOU VALUE is YOUR SMARTS !

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Getsmart

However, we must not fail to understand that our minds are sensitive to many chemical agents, some are used to enhance it by operatives in dedicated programs, such as Project Talent,

What kind of chemicals would that be?

others are used to dull it such as Fluoride in your water

Fluoride also calcifies the pineal gland, thus suppressing psychic ability. Fluoride is also very low frequency.

Another one is aluminum which enters your body through many products

Aluminum is also in vaccines & chemtrails.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join