It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic and birds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's one thing to see in the news a picture of gaint plastic blooms circling the ocean.........but when you actually see how it affects wildlife that's another thing. Sad, disgusting, enraging............
I can't effing stand plastic even though it contributes to our life in many positive ways. I'm just tired of it. One more reason why mother earth needs to wipe humanity off the face of this beautiful earth if we can't live with her/it.

chrisjordan.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I knew about the dangers of plastic in nature but this is extreme.

Being a bird lover, I always pick up discarded fishing line or bailer twine in hay fields because it can get caught around birds legs. Six pack plastic rings are another danger for birds.

This ocean garbage really seems like a runaway train. I wish we could do something fast but it seems hopeless when you look at how many sources there are to this problem.

We really do need a recipe for naturally degrading organic plastics, and this is one of the clear reasons why.

Thanks for this disturbing realization.

chirp, chirp

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Excellent thread!!!! People need to be aware of this. I always cut up my plastic rings so that no harm can come to an innocent animal. Look at this poor turtle and what it has done to him.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh my God, I just looked at the site you posted OP! Those poor birds!!!!! Jeez, looks like they would eat anything. So sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
you should thank DuPont for that, they made all this possible by banning hemp for industrial use.

the filthy byproducts of oil are not bio degradable and will always be somewhere in nature.

the fact that people care more about global warming than a huge island of plastic in the ocean makes me sad too.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread didn't get more replies than it has. It deserves attention.

top topics

join