It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jaime Maussan Metepec Creature Confirmed as a Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
G'day

The Jaime Maussan Metepec creature has been confirmed as a hoax.

forgetomori.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca2f685de321.jpg[/atsimg]

A “Veterinary Assistant” featured in the whole Metepec Creature brouhaha, “Ángel Palacios Núñez”, is, according to Alejandro Franz, in fact Urso Moreno Ruíz, nephew of Mario Moreno, and a taxidermist.

More importantly, Urso Ruíz apparently confessed in an Internet forum he indeed hoaxed the creature, which is indeed just a squirrel-monkey:

“It’s just the corpse of a skinned squirrel-monkey. I took its ears out and involved it with all the hair and fluids of all animals I could find, then I dried it. All samples they take of it will come out as being of different animals.”

He goes on:

“Mr Mario quickly sold it to Maussán for 300.000 pesos [U$23,000], as you can see after four years they still can’t realize it’s a hoax.”

And tries to defend himself:

“I must say I didn’t claim it was real. That was Maussán who claimed it was real. He believed it. All the show was a hoax that got out of control, but after four years I’m happy to see one of my creations going around the world and through many scientists and tests and they still haven’t figured out what it is. I may have fooled science! LOL”

Nauseating, isn’t it?

Franz warns that, contrary to what Urso Ruíz claims, he did claim in video that the creature was “a strange animal”. Lies. Franz further accuses Maussán, Mario Moreno and Marco Salazar of creating this whole fraud from the beginning. It’s indeed interesting they should go with DNA testing right away, which is not their usual practice with such “finds” at all. It’s as if they knew the results would be inconclusive.

Of course, from the beginning people noticed it looked exactly like a skinned monkey. People also know very well Maussán is part of Ufology’s Hall of Shame.

So people had every reason not to believe the story. Reason, apparently, is something the History Channel’s MonsterQuest team lacks.

But then, reason is something that may be relative. Money and ratings can make everything relative, one would guess. How much money did all those involved, knowingly or not, make from this hoax?

This really makes me sick. It should make you too. And the skinned, dried monkey is not the culprit. [via Alcione]

Maussan & Co really are a bunch of hoaxing, money hungry shockers.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Great find Maybe.. Maybe Not!

If Maussan's name is attached to it, you can be guaranteed it's a hoax! Did we ever think any differently? LOL!

However, I have no doubt that people will come into this thread and defend him... even with this evidence at hand. I look forward to a good laugh at the straw grasping antics.

S&F

IRM

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
o noes! Maussan is a hoaxer!?!? o noes!
Great find maybe...maybe not. This guy needs to be outted in the mainstream and shut down. Although then it will attach MORE bad press and reputation to the UFO field, though I think this hit needs to be taken for the betterment of the field.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
.....I have no doubt that people will come into this thread and defend him... even with this evidence at hand. I look forward to a good laugh at the straw grasping antics.
S&F
IRM

G'day InfaRedMan

It's a bit quiet in here.....

Maybe they've finally given up on him!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
G'day

Internos reminded me of this post in which he demolishes Maussan.....

Originally posted by internos
About Maussan's reliability i'd say that he has some issues to say the least: he should never be takens seriously, IMHO.

Some Maussan's claims and facts:

• CLAIM: Maussan claims the photo below was the best photo ever taken of a giant UFO in space.
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1da75ce2f1ef.jpg[/atsimg]

FACT: The photo appearing in the October 6, 1997 issue of "Contacto Ovni Magazine" is actually that of a galaxy forming, not a UFO.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims 'Dr.Reed' UFO case is real and scientific evidence supports it. Maussan claims his alleged intelligence contacts within the military warned him that the case is real and very dangerous. Maussan takes 'Dr.Reed' on a national speaking tour of Mexico and creates a media campaign to promote the case. These speaking engagements sell out at many locations.

FACT: 'Dr.Reed' and his entire case have been exposed as a fraud. Maussan is challenged to produce his alleged scientific evidence and fails. Maussan and associates claim to have thoroughly investigated 'Dr.Reed' and to have established his claims, evidence, and witnesses. Claims of an alleged alien device being of extraterrestrial origin are never proven in spite of Maussan claiming the bunk device utilized advanced nano-technology. Not a grain of proof is ever forthcoming from Maussan to back any of his claims.

• CLAIM: Maussan was saying that UFO video shot from a helicopter in New York City was real and had been analyzed.

FACT: Video was a hoax produced by the Sci-Fi Channel.

• CLAIM: Publicly stated it had been confirmed that the comet Hale-Bopp was bringing giant motherships to evacuate the planet.

FACT: No mother ships, planet still here along with population. Hale-Bopp UFO hoax exposed as a fraud by Jeff Rense.

• CLAIM: Maussan said he had radar tapes confimrming presence of UFOs in Mexico's airspace.

FACT: To date, no such evidence has been brought forward.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims that he investigated a case where an airliner collided with a UFO in Mexico. Also claimed that "tons" of evidence and documents supported the case.

FACT: No evidence was ever produced.

• CLAIM: Promoted alleged alien photo as being real and impossible to replicate.

FACT: Photo was easily replicated. Maussan, in spite of being told it was fake prior to the story running at Rense.com, insisted the photo was genuine even after being told it was a fake.

• CLAIM: Maussan said there were gigantic UFO motherships orbiting the planet disguised as stars.

FACT: When asked for proof, Maussan exclaimed that was why the stars in the night sky moved - because they were UFOs!

See also

What more can one say?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Jaime Maussan destroyed any credibility he may have had with me when he declared this obvious fake as a real UFO .

Since then for me Maussan has been put alongside Michael Cohen in the not to be believed draw

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

G'day gortex

What about this one as mentioned by Internos in his post.......?

On the one hand, some might laugh at Maussen.

On the other hand, serious researchers are laughed at because of Maussan.

Like I said.....Maussan & his mates are appalling.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think Jaime Maussan is a hoaxer. I just think it's a case of his enthusiasm for uncovering the truth getting in the way of common sense and good reasoning.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I don't think Jaime Maussan is a hoaxer. I just think it's a case of his enthusiasm for uncovering the truth getting in the way of common sense and good reasoning.

G'day kindred

I used to give Maussan the benefit of the doubt.

However after extensive review of his material, I believe he is intentionally & knowingly perpetrating UFO hoaxes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe...Maybe Not.

I would just like to say thank you for helping me come to realize who in the UFOlogy field are genuine, truth seeking honest researchers and who are money hungry charlatans and sensationalists.

I started out not too long ago with Steven Greer's big talk and big ego in my ear and I found myself believing a LOT of what he had to say. I was thinking "WOW this guy is incredible... Just listen to him speak about all this! He must be for real"... Of course this is just one weapon in his arsenal of deception, his ability to talk.

Steven Greer I believe mixes some truth with a hell of a lot of bogus crap... And once I learned of his policy of his "expeditions" being you MUST buy, read, and understand all three books, pay $1000 (travel and accommodation not included)... I just thought what the hell? Is he serious??

Jaime Maussan I have always thought had his heart in the right place with Ufology but was obviously extremely gullible and a fool. His best weapon in his arsenal (and only weapon) is UFO footage, which has been proven time and time again to be VERY EASILY faked... As CGI technology progresses its going to be easier to fake such videos.

And as long as there are gullible sensationalist people out there like Maussan who swear by and claim every UFO video he gets his hands on as totally real then REAL RIDGY DIDGE UFO videos will never be seen as real..

This little alien in the animal trap case has always had an air of total stink about it. I know anything is possible but C'mon.... A tiny little alien being got itself caught in an animal trap and is now in the hands of Jaime Maussan? Jaime get real.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi Maybe...maybe not

Well his over enthusiasm has definitely contributed to destroying his own credibility and damaged ufology to a certain degree. But I don't think he started out that way. Most Ufologist's tend to fall into the same money trap.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Maybe...Maybe Not.

I would just like to say thank you for helping me come to realize who in the UFOlogy field are genuine, truth seeking honest researchers and who are money hungry charlatans and sensationalists.

G'day Nomad451

I am extremely flattered.....thank you for your very kind & positive words!

"It's a zoo out there!"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Hi Maybe...maybe not
Well his over enthusiasm has definitely contributed to destroying his own credibility and damaged ufology to a certain degree. But I don't think he started out that way. Most Ufologist's tend to fall into the same money trap.

G'day kindred

I don't know how honest Maussan's initial intentions were.....

But the broader issue you describe is an endemic problem that wrecks this area of discussion & research.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'd just like to add my 2 cents on a UFO researcher, and a very intelligent man by the name of Richard Dolan. I'm sure most of you know him.

Until I'm proven otherwise, I see Dolan as one of the few and far between GENUINE honest, open minded sensible skeptic UFO researchers on the planet.

(You honestly HAVE to be extremely skeptical in this field of research, as it attracts uncounted swarms of loony space-cadet idiots).

Dolan once brought up a very real and true point about the field of UFO study. The majority of believers, researchers and authors are all only writing, talking, and revealing to each other.

In other words they just blurt out whatever THEY think is true in their OWN hearts, regardless of how incredibly "out-there" it sounds thus wiping all credibility of the subject for those hard-headed skeptics and the majority of the population, eliminating any chance of this subject to be treated as serious in anything mainstream.

They are are talking to themselves, when a greater emphasis and effort needs to be made to get this real subject to the masses and the mainstream. As long as people like Maussan and Greer keep advocating extremely out there theories and supporting hoaxes all the while claiming it to be real and true, that will never ever happen.

Sure, there may be real truths that are much stranger than fiction in this field, but you can't go mouthing them off and expect anyone (except the already believers) to take any of it seriously. And what have you accomplished then? Nothing.

How can Greer ever expect "Disclosure" to happen while he charges a thousand dollars, all three of his books purchased and read an understood, phenomenally large sums of money to become a member of CSETI? How in gods name will that gain real credible research into the subject?

Answer: It never will! Therefore Greer will stay in his money sucking business of exploiting a real and Priority One subject.

These people make Ufology a ghetto of sorts, a club where only the space-cadets, believers, charlatans, and sensationalists are a part of.

Richard Dolan, you are a shining beacon amongst it all IMHO

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I read the article in the brazilian version of Kentaro's blog almost three days ago. I didn't know Maussan were a hoaxer. I always have thought of him as a slow person, very slow...

Have you seen this video?

It make me wonder about his observation capability.

And thanks for bringing the Metepec Creature debunked to ATS, I would have done it if I'd remembered about the english version of Kentaro's blog.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

G'day One Step Beyond

Yeah.....I know that stupid balloon video.

It's beyond bad......way beyond bad..... :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Maybe...maybe not, good thread mate -I just can't help feeling sorry for that poor squirrel monkey.

Heres another rather bizarre report from Jaime Maussan involving a penguin stuck up a tree.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I have to say, It is weird to see a penguin stuck up a tree considering penguins don't fly... But anything coming from Maussan has to be seriously scrutinized.

What exactly does Maussan have to say about this? Is it a alien disguised as a penguin?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

Bizzarre wouldn't seem to cover it.....

What's Maussan saying about the penguin?

.....that it's an alien?

.....that an alien put it there?

.....that he wants to have it for lunch?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I have to say, It is weird to see a penguin stuck up a tree considering penguins don't fly... But anything coming from Maussan has to be seriously scrutinized.

Hey Nomad -it is quite a strange one and the penguin does appear to move -I've no idea whats going on there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join