It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Police Commissioner, the Bullets & the Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Australia - The penalty for carrying live ammunition on a plane is a maximum 7 year jail term or a $110,000 fine! But not for the jolly ol' police commissioner Simon Overland.

The Victorian police commissioner boarded a flight from Sydney to Melbourne with a magazine of live ammunition & it was not detected! It was however picked up when he attempted the return flight.

The matter was investigated by the Office of Transport Security. He was not arrested but merely issued a letter of reprimand. The MSS Officer who failed to detect the bullets in the initial screening has been "stood down".I would have loved to see him arrested as Mr Overland is a strong supporter of the 'one rule for everyone' quote.

Accidents could happen to anyone, but when it's a cop, it's excusable. In my opinion this is a clear cut case that shows police are above the law! It's not the first time and i'm sure it won't be the last. Police royalties suck!

Top cop carries bullets onboard plane

[edit on 21/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The law's the law. Rules are rules. Throw the book at him. Make an example out of him.

Yep, just proves the rules really only apply to us sheeple. The authorities consider themselves above the law.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Typical,

When i drive around sydney, you wouldnt believe how often i see police driving whilst on mobile phone, not cb, the mobile phone.

He needs more than a reprimand.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It's even worse when the guy who did it get away clean but the other poor bugger loser his job!

disappointed again at how screwed up Australia is becoming...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Overland is smug bastard and should be sacked...If this were a constable or a member of the public they'd be water-boarded...

Have you ever noticed the smug semi-smirk he often has on his face during press conferences ?

Appointing him chief commissioner was the biggest mistake a Victorian government has ever made with regard to policing...

top topics

join