It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best RPG's XBOX

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A little off conspiracies I know but I would like to know if anyone on here knows what the best interesting RPGs are that they have played,, i need some more games and would like to know what you think??

I'm sure you all have a bash at the xbox on here

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lost Odyssey is a pretty good one, it's like an old Final Fantasy title especially since it was created by the creator of the Final Fantasy series. I'd look to that one.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

ill have too youtube it and have a look, im into fable/overlord things like that with fantasy/creatures and just roaming around big worlds

link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

xbox.about.com...

Not a big RPG player my self but I've done the fable games and done a lot of Oblivion

That will help

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Pockets]

link   
Oblivion obviously. Fallout 3 was really good. Dragon Age Origins is great. The Fable games were fine. I have only played fable on the xbox though the rest are pc so I don't know how they were on that system.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Check out fallout 3. Really fun game. Huge world takes a bit of effort and time to get through.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

worked pretty good....its a long wait til nov until fable 3 is out,, it just takes so long waiting......

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

My brother in law is a console gamer and he recommends Star Ocean 4. On an unrelated note....the fermi (470 and 480) series is fixin to come out and we could always use more gamers on the PC side, this should drive down prices of the ATI 5 series if you wanna join the dark side.
Team Fortress 2 demands your presence...we got hats...come on...you know you wanna.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Mass Effect 1
Fall Out 3
Mass Effect 2
Knights of the Old Republic *I know this one is old, but well worth it for regular XBox

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Lost oddessy is my fav on xbox 360, mainly because of the stories you get to read about the memories of his life from over 1000 years. Very well written, and even some very emotional, I even shed a couple tears lmao.

But other great rpgs, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Final Fantasy 13 and of course mass effect games, I really can't think of much more right now, since my xbox broke and I mainly play on ps3 these days.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
fable and mass effect ... thats all I know

I am not a big gamer nowadays, I never really could play the same game for more than 10 min ... most games are crap ... these I recommend

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

ill have to try mass effect,, the good old games like monkey island and full throttle etc 4 pc where good adventure games too

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
KOTOR 2 for the original X-Box, one of the best RPGs I've played. I'm not to familiar with the X-Box RPGS though, I think Jade Empire was pretty damn good too...

Guitar Hero all the way though

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
To concur with a couple of others, I'd definitely have to go with Lost Odyssey. This game is very very in depth, and like another member said, it is well written, and the Thousand Year Memories make great but (truly) tear-wrenching stories. The whole of the game is very sad, so don't expect any pep. But it is by far the best (old-school) RPG out there. [yes I consider Fallout 3 a kind of new-school RPG] Both are great, but if you want an RPG with TONS and TONS of storyline, and are willing to both watch the cutscenes and read through allll the memories (which read like a story-telling book) then by all means Lost Odyssey is my recommendation for you, my friend.

If you're looking for a non-final-fantasy-esque type of RPG:
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata (very graphically BEAUTIFUL game)

Granted: I have still to get my hands on Final Fantasy XIII so my opinion is, if not biased, then outdated.

Hope I helped!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

ill have too youtube it and have a look, im into fable/overlord things like that with fantasy/creatures and just roaming around big worlds

If you like Sci-Fi you should try Mass Effect 1 and 2, bloody awesome games. Oblivion (Fantasy) is vast and awesome too and no matter how many new chars I start I always seem to come across new qsts I havent done before. Dragon Age:Origins (fantasy) was not too bad either and will def keep you busy for a while.

If you dont mind going old school you could try Morrowind too, its made by same people as Oblivion and that consumed my life back in the day lol.

Hope that helps

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

mass effect 2 is amazing, fable 1 I played a lot too

fable 2 and mass effect 1 I played just for a few hours, but everyone loves them too

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I would say go with Fallout 3 all the way because just playing through it you can come up with a conspiracy or two.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here are my favorite RPGs on the Xbox and the Xbox 360, plus a few other suggestions.

Xbox:

-Jade Empire.
-Fable: The Lost Chapters.
-Star Wars: KoTOR.

Xbox 360:

-Mass Effect.
-Fallout 3.
-Oblivion.
-Fable II.
-Dragon Age: Origins*

I've heard good things about Lost Odyssey, and I liked the demo for Blue Dragon quite a bit. Also, Final Fantasy XIII just came out, and it's on the Xbox 360 as well as the PS3, but I've heard that it's best on the Playstation due to higher resolution CG cut scenes and better audio.

*Dragon Age is my second favorite RPG. It's second only to Chrono Cross, in my opinion.

Have fun on your future adventures!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Jade empire
fable 1 and 2
the elder scrolls of oblivion and of Morrowind.

Old time favourite Zelda

There is a whole forum on games on BTS

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join