It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes the Razor's Edge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There's fighting on the left And marching on the right Don't look up in the sky You're gonna die of fright
Here comes the razors edge
You're living on the edge Don't know wrong from right They're breathing down your neck You're running out of lives
And here comes the razors edge Here comes the razors edge
The razors edge Razors edge, to raise the dead Razors edge, to cut to shreds To raise the dead Here comes the razors edge Here comes the razors edge Well here it comes to cut to shreds
The razors edge The razors edge [It's the razor's edge] Gotta razors edge [Well, the razor's edge]
You'll be cut to shreds [that you'll be cut to shreds] by the razors edge [gotta razor's edge] Gotta razors edge [by the razor's edge]

Earlier today I happened to put in my AC/DC Live Album and what do you know...this is the first song I went to. I have always loved this song and never really thought much of it but it got me thinking today for some reason. Some of you guys believe Satan is running the NWO or the Illuminati is Satanic or that sort of nature. Well if there has ever been a satanic band on this planet it is AC/DC. (Ozzy is a good Catholic boy). On to my point. While listening I noted that the riffs in this song are much darker than anything they have put out before or since. The lyrics also catch my attention every time. These are not typical AC/DC lyrics by far. As you can hear (or read depending if you understand Brian Johnson or not) he actually seems to be making sort of statement or warning. The first thing is in the first line of the song. This actually seems to be a statement of the political atmosphere of current day, it has been this way for awhile now so probably nothing. The spookiest thing is the line "they're breathing down your neck." I don't know who they is and AC/DC clearly isn't speaking about the following, girls, satan, rock n roll, money, or straight sinning which is the composition of most every other song.

In short what I am asking for is more information on their lives at this point in time when the album was being worked on, or if you can provide a further analysis of this song that would be most welcome. This song seems strangely out of place compared to the rest of their library, I may just be over thinking it but it seems pretty deep for an AC/DC song. The only thing I know about it is it is Angus' favorite off of the album. If you don't know anything about the song or band just enjoy the above video from the greatest rock band of all time. To everyone else, thx in advance for your insight.

Also, Bon Scott rest in peace!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The main riff has a very middle eastern feel to it, which is unusual for AC/DC. However, I don't think that it's any sort of message, just another good sing along from a great band.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

The beginning solo has sort of a Westernized National Anthem sound to it as well. This song being written before Project Desert Storm could actually be seen by some as precursor to that war or this one for that matter.

new topics

join