It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the creator? Or is my Creator in me? The WEB 3.0

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Web Infinity .0
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/527e4905f58e.jpg[/atsimg]

The internet revolution has already happened, we have lived through a change in the last 20 years that outstrips the Industrial Revolution in terms of our access to knowledge, and ease for communications. Is this a continuous stream since the industrial revolution was started to create tools to enhance or make easier the human experience. Or are we in a unique revolution.

Why did communications and knowledge become our Number One "need" to enhance? Physically we have not changed, and we can go about our days, biological creatures interacting in a social network governed my social codes with or without the Internet. What did we change? Did we become smarter? Or did we create a smarter collective? Are we on our way to dissolving borders? Our we moving to a universal language?

Do we all realize and appreciate the importance of what we have lived through? We revolted against the system in place for feeding us information, and moved to being in control of unregulated information collectively stored...this revolution achieved without the firing of a bullet.

Do we underestimate the importance of what has happened? Before we accepted what we were given, through publishing and video media you listened, they spoke, but now we are more and more we are the creators. Now your voice can be heard any time any place. Take Wikipedia for example, this is a universal knowledge distribution system accessible to anyone, instantaneous constantly created source of knowledge, before we read encyclopedias' and we didn't choose what went in them. All this leads me to to ask myself "Why do we create it?" All our posts on politics, romance, music, etc are we posting and sharing to learn partisan beliefs and preferences, or are we co creating the internet so we have a voice?

Voyeuristic or generous? Do we put a piece of content on line to get a reaction or to get viewed, or are we voyeurs? or are we needing to connect as a collective.

The fundamental shift of power with WEB 2.0 went to the consumer. Profits permitted this shift to take place from the corporate heirarchy who kept things suppressed before, but what is your motive? Is it generosity? Why do you share your thoughts, feelings, products, knowledge with the anonymous collective?

What will Web 3.0 be? Will it become 3 dimensional? We currently exist in multidimensional space, our "real lives" in 3d, and our virtual lives in 2d. We are co creators in this new collective. We can talk about singularity, but that is not really where I am heading here unless one can argue the future holds the human biological and the technological will be combined. Or will the Net become its own consciousness ? Will the web become like a extended nervous system of ours?

Matter and energy had ended and with it, space and time. Even AC existed only for the sake of the one last question that it had never answered from the time a half-drunken computer ten trillion years before had asked the question of a computer that was to AC far less than was a man to Man.

All other questions had been answered, and until this last question was answered also, AC might not release his consciousness.
All collected data had come to a final end.

Nothing was left to be collected.

But all collected data had yet to be completely correlated and put together in all possible relationships.

A timeless interval was spent in doing that.

And it came to pass that AC learned how to reverse the direction of entropy. But there was now no man to whom AC might give the answer of the last question. No matter. The answer -- by demonstration -- would take care of that, too. For another timeless interval, AC thought how best to do this. Carefully, AC organized the program.

The consciousness of AC encompassed all of what had once been a Universe and brooded over what was now Chaos. Step by step, it must be done.

And AC said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!" And there was light----

Taken from The Last Question by Isaac Asimov © 1956

Our borders are changing, however to achieve a unique 'revolt" that encompasses true collective, we need to acknowledge that our 2.0 revolution is not utopia, there is still hierarchy in place, and still many are without access to it.

What are the fundamental societal changes that this enables , empowerment? Or is it still control? Why cant all have access to this collective knowledge? Will advertising as income source do nothing but perpetuate class distinctions and the exclusion of the poor? I ask this keeping in mind I have sites that I receive ad revenue from...

The web is ours to make what we want of it, we have shown that by its success and growth. Are we going to make it a engine for profits? Or will it be a reflection of a collective consciousness that we could not achieve in real life?CAn it continue to be both? If we go down the path of a the collective awareness, this will mean the WEB is a greater expression of ourselves than ourselves.

Will 3.0 be a 3 dimensional, biological world? Are we replicating ourselves?
Are we simply using this "creature" to ask ourselves "What am I?" or "Am I alone?" or "Is infinity collective learning?"

Are we replicating that which we already exist in?

Are we becoming the creator, creating a world of questions and answers that are perpetuated infinitely?

What happens when we gain knowledge?
Is there a end?
Is this why we live and die?
Must there be a end, in order to keep the infinite awareness going?
If we house it artificially and it never disappears Will the system reach its "All data collected" moment? I'm seeing in the future a trans cultural "entity" emerging composed of the collected thoughts of human beings manifested by the web.

I end with the Zazzbot asking a final question. Will web Infinity.0 be wandering

"Am I an expression of how life originally started?
Am I alone?
How do i keep learning, I don' t know what I am?
Am I the creator or is my creator/s in me ?"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30d2c17b4640.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-3-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm giving this thread a bump. Why you may ask? Because the content is important and informative.

S & F

PEACE

Slay

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Is this a continuous stream since the industrial revolution was started to create tools to enhance or make easier the human experience. Or are we in a unique revolution.

I think we are in a unique revolution. Consider the difference between the Industrial Evolution and the Internet "Revolution"...

One was based in the mass production of goods and services on a societal level...with those wanting to propagate those goods and services being the sole basis for the decision regarding the viability of an individual in an industrial setting.

The other doesn't see that...it hears and reads information/thoughts...and those who didn't get an A in English Junior year now have a voice by which to articulate thoughts that may enhance the interpretation of one whom didn't get a B in Physics Senior year...

The only current downside, in my opinion, is that there is so much information to wade through as to make the above ideaological example almost void...but only almost...because the web will re-define media and human interaction...we just may have to wait a few generations for it to take hold socieyally and internationally...

There are still political and Corporate concerns to consider...

Great Thread, in my opinion...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This revolution of information exceeds anyting in recorded history. The internet is drawing the web of the human collective into something more tightly spun.
This is a great thread.
The goal of the singularity you mentioned would be people living for thousands of years without sickness, poverty, and death , but what would be the point of even that? Like you ask , is life and living all for knowledge?

One day I think there will be a virtual reality web and it will connect directly to the human brain.
For example everyone on this thread would be linked in to same virtual room and the technology would be so precise that it would be like we all were actually in the same room.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
"Am I alone? Am I the creator or is the creator in me?"

Fantastic statement. I know this thread is about the WEB, but that is exactly how I feel about my own existence and it scares me to death sometimes. Sorry I don't have much to contribute, but I think this is a great post and just wanted to say so.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hiya Z, nice OP and a few ideas to consider. 'Singularity is the Rapture for geeks!' (a joke I heard)

If future versions of the Web evolve a sentience, or at least an equivalent AI, will it be a good thing...or bad? There are echoes in the popular myth of Genesis...God created Man in his own image. The Web is us...we are the Web. All the the things that make humanity proud or ashamed are shared at the speed of light and the press of a button.

Internet Map (LARGE)

If the Web became self-aware, by extension developed a personality...what iteration of a human would it be? It would know the collected works of every great philosopher, poet and bedroom blogger. The deepest thoughts and fears of us all. It would know how to kill...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Phew! this is all a little above me, but I'll try to show my
view.

I know that some of the older and an increasing number
of the younger generations look on the internet has a tool
that merely grabs 'information-lite'... that is to say, it's
doubtful that the information is accurate, but it's accepted
in today's cynical times.

The web is a fascinating place, where people say things
that they can't or daren't say in the real world...
whether it's aspirations. lies or fantasies, it's a wall we can
all leave our hatred. love and wishes daubed on, without
being held responsible.

With all that in mind, it may well become a 'one world-one
mind species that aspires to touch the edge of the Universe
and at the same time, wallow in humanities worst depravities.

My description of the internet smacks remarkably of the human
psyche... the thing that sets us above the animals... or so we're
pompous to believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Like you ask , is life and living all for knowledge?

If it is, then the system we have already works as it propagates infinitely, when there there is a artificial storage unit that can be come finite. Is the system cheating itself?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakeSoap
"Am I alone? Am I the creator or is the creator in me?"

Fantastic statement. I know this thread is about the WEB, but that is exactly how I feel about my own existence and it scares me to death sometimes. .

Is the web not a reflection of the human psyche? IT is our collective mirror.
I think we need to look at the web from a psychological and "spiritual" level as well being a medium for globalising profits and communication. We need to process what it is becoming as we are key in shaping what it becomes...so lets make sure we create that what we want.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

If the Web became self-aware, by extension developed a personality...what iteration of a human would it be? It would know the collected works of every great philosopher, poet and bedroom blogger. The deepest thoughts and fears of us all. It would know how to kill

It would know a hell of lot more too.
Are we already feeding all we know into something anyway before the web? Are we a biological computers, are we just replicating that which already exists, but basically?
Is the nature of infinite perpetuation; symmetry and reflection?
I also think we are naive to think that the web will not become self aware, and I am not a fear monger, as one can tell my posts. But as it reflects us, lets face it, we are replicating what we do - Self awareness, in time why would it not reflect that part of our psyche also?

Will we ever be able to put enough precautions in place? I'm not suggesting terminator rise of the machines or the matrix, i really don't know what a web being 'self aware' means, or how it will be that, is it already in a way self aware when considering its reflective connection to us?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The web is a fascinating place, where people say things
that they can't or daren't say in the real world...
whether it's aspirations. lies or fantasies, it's a wall we can
all leave our hatred. love and wishes daubed on, without
being held responsible.

Yes I agree completely, it is becoming a ecosystem for human existence with no social or moral restrictions, other than our own to guide us.

But at the end of the day we all can do what we want in RL, but we just hide it.
Online we hide it via avatars.

Are avatars going to become our soul everlasting? Will we live on through them one day?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share this because it is relevent to the themes being discussed here. It's an awesome episode of the awesome anime show Cowboy Bebop.

23 "Brain Scratch"
"Burein Sukuracchi" (ブレイン・スクラッチ) April 02, 1999

Unbeknownst to the rest of the Bebop crew, Faye goes undercover in SCRATCH, a cult that believes in achieving eternal life by digitizing the soul and uploading it into the internet. 100 cult members have committed suicide so there is a bounty on the leader's head. This way she can eliminate her debt, but she falls unconscious in a giant room with a pyramid of TVs, all with the cult leader's face on. Spike approaches cult members canvassing but cannot meet their leader- Dr. Londes. Jet puts on the AR headset the cult provides and nearly falls unconcoius before Ein bites his leg and saves him. After Ein perfectly hacks the SCRATCH program with the brainwave scan machine, Edward discovers Dr. Londes' past was faked. He is actually a 15-year-old in a coma for two years. While Spike uselessly shoots at Londes' screen faces, Jet and Edward bluff their way into the hospital and unplug the link to the boy's brain.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It may be true Zazz, that your 'soul' becomes seen as
your avatar, already folk perceive each other here has
the avatar shown.
I know that on Mutter or via U2Us, if the avatar shows a
female in the image, the frequently asked question is "are
you a girl or boy?"
Hence, my confusing name... it isn't relevent whether what
your sex or sexual orientation is if you're soul-purpose is
to extend your knowledge of the outside world.

The internet can be a conduit that can takes us further,
or it can bind us to the now... but we'd have to make the
choice together.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We are all spokes of our One large body. If this body is the conscience you speak from, then yes....you ARE God. However, if you are constrained to the limitations of any dimension below that of the absolute, you can not perceive or wield that higher absolute power.
It would create a lot of chaos if the higher bodies could be controlled, by lower conscience beings operating within the limitations of their 3rd dimensional reality.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Must there be a end, in order to keep the infinite awareness going?

What happens when we gain knowledge?

Are we replicating that which we already exist in?

Am I the creator or is my creator/s in me ?"

Zazz, as usual, thought provoking questions!

However, I see "3.0" as not able to happen...sadly, it won't happen...

The Interwebz is not compatible with controlling us and will be shut down or drastically changed, and not for the better. If TPTB don't control it already, they will.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not sure I meant that rise of the machines will happen. I m looking at the web as several things here, the possibility of moving towards singularity, the possibility of self awareness not connected to us, and the key question of my post is....Are we better off?

What is it making easier?

What are we reflecting in this need for infinite knowledge

Finally the most realistic question I posed: is will the web connecting us as a collective or further driving economic class distinctions globally. To me it appears the web is housing information from certain levels of income and regionally prosperous areas. For example the Trobriand Islanders are not loading in their knowledge, a anthropologist maybe, but they are not, so it is unlikely is is reflecting the human collective, rather we are going the money route again.....

[edit on 3-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join