It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Humanity's Obligation To Seed The Universe With Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

note, skl, that this is not a matter of when we have the technology ... we already do. sending out "the seeds-of-life" kit(s) is something that we currently have the capacity to do regardless of the factor of time that it may take to reach (desired or not) destinations. does this matter?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

mars wouldnt be a good step, I dont think there's a lot of water there, if any

another thing, isnt mars being constantly hit by asteroids

the best thing would be to send to some moons in saturn - jupiter

there, there are a lot of water, I think the name is Europa, the other is Titan, titan seems to have something close to water ...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

C'mon guys, I love each and every one of your comments, but frankly, I think it's taking the easy road to do the ol' "we suck, we should mind our own business" route.

Quite right, Hadrian. And it's a futile road as well as an easy one.

Besides, who are these paragons of wisdom who sit in judgement on humanity and condemn it? Guess what, they're human too. Ask them whether they suck, whether they should mind their own business, and let's see how many of them say yes. It's always other people who are the wrongdoers. How convenient... Surely, if humanity is a plague, then individual humans must be its carriers. All of humanity. All of us.

What if life, by its nature, is indistinguishable from humanity?

Biology tells us it is. Most living things dine on parts of other living things--parts that, in most cases, the other living thing would like to keep. All organisms are engaged in a struggle for survival in which quarter is rarely asked or given. And all species destroy their environments if allowed to breed unchecked.

My own position is that we have no obligation, moral, economic or sociological, to spread life through the universe. The universe is almost certainly seething with life anyway. But obligation or no, we will almost certainly end up spreading terrestrial life forms off-planet, either delberately or through contaminated space vehicles and payloads.

Humanity is just a pawn on Nature's pan-dimensional chessboard.

[edit on 21/3/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
reply to post by hhcore

i agree. we need to improve ourselves as a species and the planet we are taking for granted first before trying to screw with other worlds.

Perhaps we can only become better after learning our lessons after messing up a few planets.

Planets are a dime a dozen.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hahah i couldn't think of anything worse!

Instead of looking at it like we were doing the universe a favour! I see it as though we were infecting the universe! All we have done is rape our planet and each other! Next stop - Universe!

What a joke!

Wouldn't even consider this until there is world peace! Which sadly won't ever happen. We have more pressing issues than this. Starting on earth!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Besides, who are these paragons of wisdom who sit in judgement on humanity and condemn it? Guess what, they're human too. Ask them whether they suck, whether they should mind their own business, and let's see how many of them say yes. It's always other people who are the wrongdoers. How convenient... Surely, if humanity is a plague, then individual humans must be its carriers. All of humanity. All of us.

[edit on 3/21/2010 by hhcore] Yes. I meant 'we' collectively. And that includes me. I don't sit on a pedestal and pretend to be better than anyone. I promise.

[edit on 3/21/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am certain that I am most likely in the minority but I don't feel we should seed the universe with seed that is no violent, greedy, arrogant, prone to lies, deception, murder, eugenics, mind control, sterilization of the masses with fluoridated water and all the other human social ills that humans possess. We put and allow cancers and diseases in all the food and drinks we consume. We depend on corruption in science, medicine, vaccines, pharmacutical products that kill or cause more disease than what they were intended to cure.

We should not go anywhere until these negative elements of human behavior get addressed. The last thing we need is some other planet or alien life form to interact with humans that act like a cancer and destroy and kill everything the cancer touches.

We dont need to be traveling the stars, we are too ignorant to understand why not, but the Aliens know our issues and if we only had progressed or if only our elite masters had prepared us for the interstellar community we would be perhaps conditioned to go forth and seed space, but as long as man covets, murders, steals and uses corruption and greed as the measure of success, we as humans should never be allowed off planet earth.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

I agree with the part of the united planet, you are very correct about that, the only way for our society to evolve to the next lvl is to unite everyone, but that only happens in the brink of extinction

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Faiol]

The problem is this will not happen peacefully.

Unfortunately, it will happen through more warfare, because the World Government will want to suppress anyone who disagrees with this unity.

The cost will be far worse then WWII because it will happen in every country, simultaneously.

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Humanity does not need to "accept the R.F.I.D." in order to send some lifeforms to another planet.....

Of course they do not "need" to, but World Government will make it happen nonetheless.

I think you may have mistaken my stating that, as I support it.

I do not support it.

But then again the vast majority of world citizens are too ignorant to stop it.

Because of the disunity, among themselves, because of differences of religion, differences of language, differences of perspective, organizations like I.B.M., along with World Government, and Destron Fearing are doing it anyway.

No Place To Hide : Face Recognition, Information Data-Mining, and Loss of Anonymity

Quote from : Destron Fearing

Destron Fearing is a global leader in innovative animal identification.

With presence in over 40 countries worldwide we seek to provide real world ID solutions to match the ever increasing complexity and opportunities related to animal identification.

Since 1945 we have provided innovative products addressing the needs of livestock producers, companion animal owners, horse owners, wildlife managers and government agencies.

Destron Fearing provides a full complement of radio frequency identification products and software solutions to automate the collection of critical livestock production and carcass information.

Individual and herd information can then be easily transferred between all parties involved in the production and retail of meat products.

Information sharing allows the food industry to meet the discriminating demands of the market place.

Of M.I.C.E. and Men : United Nations, Betrayal of Country, or Currying Favors for Respect?

I say ignorantly trying to stop it, because people ignorantly believe they can pick up guns, to stop this, but if 40 countries out of 192 countries already have Destron Fearing, and I.B.M. and subsidiaries convinced World Government to accept the many aspects of the R.F.I.D. program, towards the cashless society, we will be to this point sooner, than later, and people and their animalistic tendencies towards violence, will only help speed up the process.

If only people would do something, politically, they might be able to take control of it, and or stop it, but corporations like Verichip and Digital Angel, are and have been a part of this United Nations initiative, through many convoluted means to sell a suppression program.

Before they allow us to colonize other planets, they will have wanted to make humans completely predictable, and controllable, like animals, and our herd migration both predictable, and controllable, to guarantee their money.

When they implement this program, it will already have gotten all animals, pets, and wildlife (they tag every animal caught in the wild, for "science"), prisoners, the elderly because of wandering and memory loss, Law Enforcement, and military that when the average citizen does not want to accept it, they will be able to ask "What do you have to hide", and by that time they will be prepared, World Government wide, to put those people who resist, into prison for life, and those who accept the R.F.I.D. chip, and then disagree with those in World Government, can be isolated and they access to the digital cash network, can and will be shut off, immediately.

You will not work, you will not purchase, you will not travel, because all of this process is hidden within the Healthcare Reform Act, Bailout Package, REAL ID Act, and a host of other legislative means through various laws.

Because, in order to have us go to other planets, they have to control us, completely.

Originally posted by Hadrian

note, skl, that this is not a matter of when we have the technology ... we already do. sending out "the seeds-of-life" kit(s) is something that we currently have the capacity to do regardless of the factor of time that it may take to reach (desired or not) destinations. does this matter?

Well, we have the technology, in order to get to the Moon and Mars, but not the farther planets, without it taking forever to get there, where it will be worth the cost of investment, time spent, and immediate turn around towards colonization.

The Shuttle program is being shut down, in order to force a more easily used means to get us into orbit, and as well, push new technology to the forefront.

World Government is trying to get this process done, in secrecy, but there is much more out there that we can find, as an example the United Nations programs.

For example the organization below :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c494cfef358.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from : Wikipedia : International Civil Aviation Organization

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a major agency of the United Nations, codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation and fosters the planning and development of international air transport to ensure safe and orderly growth.

Its headquarters are located in the Quartier International of Montreal, Canada.

The ICAO Council adopts standards and recommended practices concerning air navigation, its infrastructure, Flight inspection, prevention of unlawful interference, and facilitation of border-crossing procedures for international civil aviation.

In addition, the ICAO defines the protocols for air accident investigation followed by transport safety authorities in countries signatory to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, commonly known as the Chicago Convention.

The ICAO should not be confused with the International Air Transport Association (IATA), a trade organization for airlines also headquartered in Montreal, or with the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO), an organization for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP's) with its headquarters at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands.

It is through the civilian application that they will do this because of the bureaucracy they can hide it under, if you just did deeper, you will find the place where it will begin, the not widely known, Mojave Air and Space Port, you will find it, and many more such installations, worldwide.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Mojave Air and Space Port

The Mojave Air & Space Port (IATA: MHV, ICAO: KMHV), also known as the Civilian Aerospace Test Center, is located in Mojave, California, at an elevation of 2,791 feet (851 m).

It is the first facility to be licensed in the United States for horizontal launches of reusable spacecraft, being certified as a spaceport by the Federal Aviation Administration on June 17, 2004.

Video Press Kit - Mojave Air and Space Port

Trust me, I've been researching just about every process of the bureaucracy.

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

The United Nations Security Council is a part of this process as well.

Quote from : Wikipedia : United Nations Security Council

The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) is one of the principal organs of the United Nations and is charged with the maintenance of international peace and security.

Its powers, outlined in the United Nations Charter, include the establishment of peacekeeping operations, the establishment of international sanctions, and the authorization of military action.

Its powers are exercised through United Nations Security Council Resolutions.

The Security Council held its first session on 17 January 1946 at Church House, London.

Since its first meeting, the Council, which exists in continuous session, has traveled widely, holding meetings in many cities, such as Paris and Addis Ababa, as well as at its current permanent home in the United Nations building in New York City.

There are 15 members of the Security Council, consisting of 5 veto-wielding permanent members (China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and United States) and 10 elected non-permanent members with two-year terms.

This basic structure is set out in Chapter V of the UN Charter. Security Council members must always be present at UN headquarters in New York so that the Security Council can meet at any time.

This requirement of the United Nations Charter was adopted to address a weakness of the League of Nations since that organization was often unable to respond quickly to a crisis.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
but what about in a somewhat theoretical framework where our attempts to spark life on other worlds would manifest far beyond our lives, perhaps our existence, and then would require, we imagine, millions of years to develop into some sort of sentience?

is it necessary (or is it egocentric) for our house to be in order before we would attempt to spread life? what is the connection?

perhaps one way for our form of life to improve would be a different path. theoretically, and as far as we really know, there's only been one chance for intelligent life to evolve (though most of us believe this not to be the case, of course). should we not try and create at least a few more opportunities? what if we were to successfully spark life elsewhere and beings evolved that were much better than us and radically changed the universe for the better or just lived in hempy, granola-happiness with it?

or is it playing god and is playing god something we feel in our core is wrong? or, at the least, not advisable?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
but what about in a somewhat theoretical framework where our attempts to spark life on other worlds would manifest far beyond our lives, perhaps our existence, and then would require, we imagine, millions of years to develop into some sort of sentience?

Such long-term, unforeseeable consequences may arise from any of our actions, even the most banal. They are not worth worrying about.

is it necessary (or is it egocentric) for our house to be in order before we would attempt to spread life? what is the connection?

I think these people are saying we should 'mature as a species'--become kinder, gentler and more tolerant, I suppose--before we rush off and impose our will on the universe beyond the bounds of Earth.

Obviously, it's not going to happen. It has never happened in the history of our species and it is not going to happen now. Ages of exploration and exploitation correspond to the questing, virile, heedlessly exploitative youth of cultures, not to their mature or declining phases. If we wait till we have 'matured as a species' we shall never reach the stars.

Moreover, I reject the contention that species 'mature'. They evolve into other species, but that isn't maturity. All species behave the same way: Nature's way. And Nature's way is selfish, parasitic and violent--in a word, childish--as well as nurturing, cooperative and symbiotic.

Should we not try and create at least a few more opportunities (for life)? what if we were to successfully spark life elsewhere and beings evolved that were much better than us and radically changed the universe for the better or just lived in hempy, granola-happiness with it?

Why not? In the long run it makes no difference. But there's always something a bit immature, self-aggrandizing and generally tasteless about such attempts, don't you think? A sort of adolescent space-opera power-fantasy.

is it playing god and is playing god something we feel in our core is wrong? or, at the least, not advisable?

This is not a real question, often as people ask it; it is a ball of philosophical trumpery sewn together with cant. We may leave it to Yahweh cultists, tree-hugging ninnies, cut-price Nietzscheans and other fools. Playing God is like playing Cops and Robbers: the game resembles the reality only in the most superficial ways and the consequences are, in cosmic terms, trivial.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join