It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dead people talking on am/fm radio scanner??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by FlySolo

What bothers me about the EVP's are the children, they play many by them and it freaks me out big time...I agree they seem to be around us all the time, why they are at the cemetery is beyond me unless it's true that they are around us all the time maybe they follow us to the cemetery, yikes!!!

haha i'm spooking myself now. Just listened to the one EVP where some kid was apparently being a target of some entity. The ghost says "I'm your worst enemy, I watch you sleep Arrrgghh'

BOO

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well FlySolo, you can fly solo tonight, there is no way I am going to listen to EVP's at 1:30 AM and then go to bed, would give me nightmares.
Tomorrow is another day.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well I am intrigued, This lil' digital radio is what $30 give or take, and all I have to do is bend one pin down. I'm game and will purchase one to try this out.

I am going to stay on the fence on this however. I decided to perform an impromptu experiment on the vids you posted in the OP. I first decided to watch them with my eyes open reading what the creator of the vids dictated that the EVP's allegedly said. I then replayed the video but with my eyes closed and just my ears to do the perceiving. To little surprise I wasn't able to make much, if anything, out.

Now this could be due to the overall audio quality in the vids, or what I visually perceived on the screen when I watched the first time just happen to coincide with what was "supposed" to be heard.

None the less, and like I said, it is intriguing and some of what was "supposed" to be heard was rather convincing. I will purchase my own "Ghost Box", conduct my own experiments and come to my own conclusion.

Another point I thought I should make is the questions, more so the conversations that were conducted were broad. That guy Stephen, well, he seemed a tad slow as it were. Although while I was researching how to hack these devices I watched a vid and the guy who hacked it specifically said "turbo scan" and I clearly heard a voice repeat "turbo" and the guy acknowledged it by saying "you like the turbo huh?" or something along those lines.

Anywho:

The conversation/questioning I will conduct should determine whether this is indeed just random or in fact communication with those in the hereafter. I plan to have a detailed conversation and ask detailed questions. I plan to conduct this experiment with bias as to determine without a doubt if this is just coincidence or in fact a bona fied paranormal phenomena.

Stay tuned!

*edit for luster

[edit on 3/21/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It's funny that you should bring this up.....
The call time of the message was 11:59 P.M.

I once sent my budyy an Email on his BlackBerry at 10pm wednesday, and by the time he got it, it said recieved 7:30 am thursday, woke him up and everything. Those of us who live with piss poor cell reception experience this mysterious phenomenon on a regular basis....

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yea, I don't blame you. Its pretty ominous, gave me the chilly willies. And to think they hover around while we sleep. Oh sorry never mind.

I'm going to spook myself just a little bit more before bed. G'night

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

That's all nice and all, but she doesn't suffer from "piss poor cell phone reception."

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Looking forward to your results! Radio shack doesn't exist in Canada anymore so I'll have to mail order one of those receivers. Maybe any ole receiver will do as long as the pins are similar.

As for the words being unrecognizable, I can agree somewhat,however, the names! I did clearly hear names and "help us" with my eyes closed. I also hear other things that the wern't put in captions that may have been missed.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes I concur, I caught a lot of what I would deem as inexplicable, hence the intrigue. Thank you for posting this thread. I added you as a Friend, when I get around to taking this venture on I'll make you privy to any recordings and/or any significant events that I am able to generate. I already have all the audio cleaning/recording software in place, just need to purchase the radio.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

If you make contact somewhere creepy, remember to tell them not to follow you home. Second clip where I have seen this now...

Wish I did...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I have used the radio shack 12-469 radio , i will tell you it is real. I have communicated with spirits, some coming in so clear and intelligible it scared me half to death. I stopped doing this because i felt i was opening a door to the other side as weird stuff started happening in my life. I dont want to get in detail, it happened recently and im still getting over it. I think people can do this responsibly, but be very careful as to who you are communicating with.

I want to add, that there is no real responsible way to deal with this. By that I mean, communicating with the spirits- not only attracts more- but there is no way to "leave them behind, nor insure that they dont follow you" and additionally- doing this in your home- does infact open the frequency and attract more spirits- like Ziggy said- its not a good idea to do unless you enjoy being haunted.

Be that as it may, when I do EVP's I do them very carefully and I rarely do them in my home. Whenever I go into public, because I vibrate higher than most other people, so spirits follow me home and I have to work with them telepathically to cross them over to the otherside. If I dont, not only do they not find help elsewhere, but they wont leave, and more and more will congregate until the house feels completely "full" and just irritating to be inside of.

I highly recommend that anyone wanting to work with the dead, know that there is nothing- including a prayer and a white light sheild- that can prevent a ghost from following you or haunting you. Be very careful!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Also, yes it is very sad that children are in Limbo on the otherside, most of the time because they didnt know what to do when they died, and remained in limbo because it seems most like the earth that they remember. But, there are many people like myself who do spirit rescue, who constantly work helping spirits cross over to the otherside. They are not lost forever, and they are forever in my heart and prayers.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Also, yes it is very sad that children are in Limbo on the otherside, most of the time because they didnt know what to do when they died, and remained in limbo because it seems most like the earth that they remember. But, there are many people like myself who do spirit rescue, who constantly work helping spirits cross over to the otherside. They are not lost forever, and they are forever in my heart and prayers.

Interesting, thanks for posting. Instead of me asking ghosts about their experience maybe I can ask you some things. I get the impression that they are still "intact". Meaning, nothing about them has changed physically. They have their clothes, their minds, and even in some cases feel pain, hunger, thirst. Why is this? Why is it that some can see us in our world and others gather around to get a look too but are unable to see anything. What exactly is going on there when they decide to gather? Where are they gathering from?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You can pick up all sorts of transmissions on static on radio stations. Doesn't mean they are ghots.

Babies love white noise. Vacuum cleaners, white noise makers, or turning off one end of a baby monitor, makes great portable white noise. Mine liked radio static. We had a radio in every room tuned to FM or AM static for when we were soothing him.

One day, all of a sudden I heard something loud and clear along the lines of:
This is flight 172 we are initiating landing procedures.

Scared the bejeezus out of us.

So I assume that if you can pick up flight transmissions, anyone on a walky talky, etc can also be picked up.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You can pick up all sorts of transmissions on static on radio stations. Doesn't mean they are ghots.

Babies love white noise. Vacuum cleaners, white noise makers, or turning off one end of a baby monitor, makes great portable white noise. Mine liked radio static. We had a radio in every room tuned to FM or AM static for when we were soothing him.

One day, all of a sudden I heard something loud and clear along the lines of:
This is flight 172 we are initiating landing procedures.

Scared the bejeezus out of us.

So I assume that if you can pick up flight transmissions, anyone on a walky talky, etc can also be picked up.

I live near a float plane airport and sometimes pick up pilots coming in to the harbor on my tv, but this is apples and oranges. There is a two-way communication going on with these "ghost boxes". You can't have a full duplex communication with renegade signals on the spread spectrum without a microphone.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's like a broken radio, you are simply getting bits and pieces of many different radio stations, like you aren't looking for the right frequency and getting bits and pieces of a lot of frequencies.

When my clock radio breaks, it sounds like this.

BUT- I remember as a kid, I had one those recorders, after awhile weird voices started to be recorded, that I never recorded or anybody else recorded. It starting talking about these weird sexual fantasies. In this deep voice, as kids it freaked me out and a threw the thing out.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Interesting, thanks for posting. Instead of me asking ghosts about their experience maybe I can ask you some things. I get the impression that they are still "intact". Meaning, nothing about them has changed physically. They have their clothes, their minds, and even in some cases feel pain, hunger, thirst. Why is this? Why is it that some can see us in our world and others gather around to get a look too but are unable to see anything. What exactly is going on there when they decide to gather? Where are they gathering from?

Limbo is a peculiar place. It is physically layed directly ontop of our 3rd dimensional reality. It exists as the 4th and 5th dimension.

You were correct in saying that some spirits- nothing has changed for them while in Limbo, they still retain their same memories, habbits, and personality from their earth life. The reason why some spirits do not know where they are, and others know that they are dead, and some spirits cannot see the living- is because of a combination of their expectation of their afterlife, they way the died, the way the lived.

As an example, some people who die instantly and unexpectedly- lets say in an Elevator crash- might not understand that they are dead, because they died so instantly, and once the spirit leaves the body- until the spirit crosses over- the consiousness is the same.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I found this one to be rather convincing.

This Jet Box, is seemingly a noise canceling device of sorts. However, from the sound of it, it seems more difficult for "them" to communicate through. It seems that what ever filter is used to cancel the noise may be set to high.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

sorry mate, I wasn't really impressed with this session. Perhaps it was the English accent that threw me off and I couldn't definitively pick out many words. The second device he uses looks like an Ovilus. It has two features Phonetic and a dictionary. Based on changes in the EMF levels, using an algorithm, the ovilus would choose words or try to phonetically pronounce what was being said. I wouldn't ever purchase one, although I paid two bucks to get the app on my iphone.

One thing I thought of while watching this vid was to come up with a test to eliminate what may be regular radio voices or real time ghost conversations.
Say you are speaking with a female voice, which would be easier to isolate among the rest, count the seconds between each time she talks. Subsequently checking the frequency number that appears each time. If you only hear her on that frequency, tune in and see if there is a woman talking.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Indeed, as I stated originally, I am still on the fence. The vids I have seen, some are very convincing, some, ehhh not so much. I have been on a YouTube escapade of "Ghost Box" vids periodically since your OP.

I think the suggestion you have is a good one, I plan to explore this from a skeptics point of view and until I obtain absolute and undeniable evidence of verifiable EVP's directly replying to my questions/statements I will remain on the fence.

So payday is Friday, there is a Radio Shack a stones throw away from where I live. I plan to buy two radios, one to scan AM and one FM, a "Y" splitter to plug into my "line in" on my PC's soundcard (SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio). I already have a good MIC and GoldWave Audio Recording Software, not the best in the world, but it should completely suffice for this experiment.

I will also setup a webcam to record the frequency displays on the two radios to visually document the frequency on the display vs. possible EVP's. I may even post the vids on ATS Media Portal and YouTube (which would be a first for me). Throughout the week I plan to create an outline for the experiment, as well as a continuing journal.

I will check back in on this thread periodically throughout the week and once I get everything up and ready to run I will take a pic and post it showing the new set-up.

Until then have a great week and stay safe!

UberL33t

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I have been a paranormal investigator for many years , and we have used different types of equipment including the so called "Frank's box" , i must say that i was very sceptical about the whole set up , but after using it for the first time, i was amazed at the reaction that we got from the box , it seems to be genuine.

I am normally very difficult to convice and the results we got were truly amazing , many AM digital radios are easy to convert , it normally includes the disconnection of one wire which is responsable for the lock on of the station and enables the frequency search to carry on .

Thanks for listening
Ian

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join