It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney-General Michael Atkinson to quit front bench.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Article Headline: Attorney-General Michael Atkinson to quit front bench.

[Please NOTE this is in Australia and refers to the South Australia State election and issues to do with R18+ ratings classification for computer games re: Censorship.]

Link to Source: [adelaidenow.com.au]

Story Snippet: "TROUBLE-plagued Attorney-General Michael Atkinson is expected to announce within the next few minutes that he will not recontest the ministry, following the State Election."

[Please see article for full story. And please watch the 1m55s video embedded on the linked page.]

Explanation: Mr Atkinson has just found out that when you go pushing peoples buttons that they shove back.

That's right Mr Atkinson...put down the wii/xbox360/sony controller and go lick ya wounds!

I provide this as evidence, along with Obama's brilliant use of the internet and the marshalling of those demographics that are savvy with it, that both TPTB and us i.e. ATS membership, Anonymous, bloggers ect. are currently on what appears to be a new and equal playing field. Use it wisely OK!

The battles have already begun [i.e. china vs google, anonymous vs aust gov, anonymous vs scientology, china vs usa, ect!] and Mr Atkinson serves as a political scalp that we can believe in and hold high as a trophy for both free speech and also for appropriate censorship ratings classifications!

Personal Disclosure:
I salute the internet and its membership of free speech advocates, without which this post would be impossible!

Mr Rudd and Mr Conroy might just want to recalibrate their attitude before the next elections or I might just have to loudly advocate...

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK!

Additional News Links:
SA attorney to leave Mike Rann's ministry [theaustralian.com.au]

Michael Atkinson steps down from his Attorney-General position[palgn.com.au]

Related Australian Censorship and Internet issues ATS threads:

Australia on internet watchlist with Iran, North Korea

Australia secretly censors Wikileaks press release and Danish Internet censorship list

I guarantee ATS will be banned by Australian Government.

Australian Net Filtering - Why is this not a big issue?

Kevin Rudd's website hacked over internet censorship

Australia plans Chinese-style internet filtering

Web censorship trials to exclude large ISPs

Video game 'cancer' group funded by Atkinson

A Guide To Bypass Internet Filters

Australia: Cyber security center unveiled.

BTS thread: Log in for best viewing pleasure.

Govt. interefereing with Internet

Edited emoticon fail.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
AWESOME NEWS!!!! see-ya mickey, good riddence. 1 less religious crazy in our government

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

Explanation: I fully agree! St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: Bump!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Good riddance to idiots like him. Denying us an R18+ rating for video games was worse than anything the Nazi's ever did.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

$&F! Let this be a lesson to those that would ruin games for gamers. As a PS3 owner I feel like this is a good step towards a different direction and with time maybe better rating games can come into play.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Explanation: WE WON!!!

Australian Gamers get adults-only classification (by Dark Ghost posted on 18-6-2012 @ 09:00 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Game Over for the prudes and Game ON for the rest of us!

top topics

join