It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come there are less sightings of oval craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It seems there are less sightings of traditional "classic ufo shape" type aircraft,Oval, Cigar Shape, and more sightings of tiangular shapped craft?
One theory is the triangular shapped one's are ours and the more traditinal shapped ones are theirs. They go by many names Aurora,and others. When i possed the statement that the f117's had both conventional ramjet technology and were able to switch to antigravity. when it was needed. There was an instant dismisal of this by other posters on this board. yet we seem to see more and more tri shapped craft.that would be suited for both types of flight in our atmosphere. a straight oval, ball or cigar shape, would drop like a stone if it used regular fuel and tech, but the other could take advantage of both?.... anybody out there care to take a crack at this one?
P

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by parker]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That's a good question that I'm not sure on the answer of either. In general I'm finding that I'm seeing fewer reports of craft of any type all together. Most of the stories I'm seeing now are of actually contact with beings and in many of the abduction stories the outside of the craft is hardly ever mentioned. I rarely see a report of an actual Unidentified Flying Object encounter.

I think part of the reason for fewer 'traditional" UFO shaped craft sightings is because there is a subconcious stigma to that shape because of disbelief, so the mind invents something that seems more plausible, a triangular shape that more closely resembles our own aircraft.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not sure I agree.
While triangles have been around for quite some time, they are just recently getting a lot of attention.
This link explains the background:
FTs (Flying Triangles)

They are also not the predominant shape seen nowadays. Still mostly discs, cylinders, balls, etc.
Just look at this sightings page, for example:
NUFORG

The above mentioned site shows that there are still plenty of sightings. Many do not make it to the press because they are becoming so common place unless accompanied by an interesting photo or video. Contact and abduction stories are more spectacular and make the press more.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by gzhpcu]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have a question. I am an astronomer and never saw a UFO, yet i watch the skies 100000000000000 times more than anyone of you, all over the world. How come me or my collegues NEVER see UFOs. We see Venus, and many satelites but never UFOs. Am i doing something wrong, or do i just know what i am talking about?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I do not agree with this either. While there are many triangular sightings the classic oval, cigar, etc are still there.

Check the sighting databases: www.nuforc.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe the cigar shaped craft isn't as comfortable for the mothership as they originally thought?

*regains composure*

I also noticed that there's been a decreasing amount of reports on "cigar shaped" craft. Being that they're Unidentified objects, there's no way of telling why they aren't shaped that way any longer.

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENCINO MAN
I have a question. I am an astronomer and never saw a UFO, yet i watch the skies 100000000000000 times more than anyone of you, all over the world. How come me or my collegues NEVER see UFOs. We see Venus, and many satelites but never UFOs. Am i doing something wrong, or do i just know what i am talking about?
I must say given the preponderance of evidence that is available regarding the phenomenon, you most likely don't know what you're talking about. Please don't take this personally though. Look at the evidence available without disregarding it because you haven't personally seen a UFO. I've never physically seen the land mass of Japan to verify its existence, but I know its there. Though I have seen a couple UFOs over my years.

UFOs are primarily an atmospheric anomaly, not astronomic as the public sees them inside the earth's atmosphere all the time and not in space. NASA has taken some odd photos and films of UFOs in space at times too. Much as NASA test pilot Joseph Walker, and astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell (among others) have claimed regarding their own sightings.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENCINO MAN

*shrugs*
I think this is like the third time you've repeated this reply on this board. Here's what I think...I think you're beating around the bush, hinting at something...what could it be...what could it be?

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Calm down there slick. If you don't believe in UFO's you're free to say it on this forum. Many people do. My biggest question to you is...do you feel your job qualifies you to see UFO's? Are you taught to recognize unidentified flying objects?

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nice to hear from you again heelstone!, one point that is brought up is the lack of any sightings of any craft as of late what is going on!. are the type of craft seen cyclical. in the 50's it was oval or boomerang ,60's same but new twist no punn intended. Are we just seeing them in points of their time , or is it the opposite that we are seeing them in points of our time?

One thing always pop's into my thinking at this point the fact that we still know so little about time, true time.

It would help if we knew which were ours and which were theirs, or according to some it is one in the same.
Parker. Thanks Zerotime, and gzhpcu, for the site posts!
p.s sinobyte you are a bad mo fo funny though!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by parker]

top topics

join