It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would 38 states be enacting legislation to deny obamcare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Not sure that is exactly why, but it is definitely one of the many reasons. Nobody wants to be forced to pay something else in this country right now, we are having trouble paying our existing bills. Then on top of that fine us and possibly worse...yeah...um no.

On another note, I'm so glad I moved from Taxachusetts after spending the first 25 years of my life there...Cigarettes were close to 9 dollars when I moved, and that was for one pack.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Maybe if it was real reform instead of the government muscling out insurance companies so they can take their share of the profits it would pass here too

There is no public option in the bill. The govt is not muscling out insurance companies. They are giving out tax credits and comps so everyone that cannot afford it on there own, can get overpriced insurance.

Obamacare is actually a boon to the industry. Everyone will be required to buy insurance. In return, the insurance companies agreed to drop the pre-existing condition practices. So they're going to end up paying out more for treatment, but in return they're getting at least 30 million new customers.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Why would 38 states be enacting legislation to deny obamcare?

Most of those states haven't enacted anything, just proposed it. Two, Idaho and Virginia have passed constitutional amendments.

Are they all republican?

Yes, all of the state senators that proposed this legislation in their respective states are republicans.

Of the 38:
Six of those states killed the legislation; North Dakota, Wyoming, New Mexico, Mississippi, Indiana, and New Hampshire.

Four states have promised to propose it without officially doing so yet.

One state, Colorado, has a voter initiative, nothing official.

The remaining state legislatures still have yet to make a decision.

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
Because it is unconstitutional,

Well then go ahead and add in medicare, medicaid and compulsory automobile insurance in most states because these have been in place since the 70's. This healthcare bill is no different other than the publicity surrounding it. The fact state politicians are pushing for this only adds to publicity, for them.

While your good ol' representitives in Alabama or Wyoming and what not are 'fightin' the socialimisms' tell em to add up the above mentioned. Do you think they'd pull a leg to bring those programmes down? Dont think so.

an economy destroyer,

This current system of healthcare was already destroying the economy. 60% of bankruptcies last year were already as the result of rising health costs:
www.reuters.com...

And with premiums continuing to rise fast than wages, thats equally contributing to this mess:
www.fiercehealthcare.com...

So if you are so insistant that this bill will destroy the economy, your too late. We had the corporations do that for us already and if healthcare reform is not the focus, the results will get worse. Where have you been all these years might I ask?

The funny thing is many people still think that this HCR will be good for them.

I dont think this bill is real reform. I think it will have little effect to change or fix this broken system and its all thanks to politics, ignorance and the washing down of necessary elements to fix this system. We had the closest thing to reform during the proposals at the very beginning of 2009 but was completely cut down.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join