It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resisting False Arrest: Your right and duty !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Yeah those long posts that discuss jurisdiction and law can be pretty maddening and who here would expect an LEO to actually take the time to read an entire post? That would require more investigation than one invested with so much power should have to engage in.

No, its not the topic in which you were discussing that lost my interest, it was how you presented it. I know what your saying, and believe it or not I do agree with the basis of your argument. Problem is you gotta argue it without so much emotion. If you debate on facts and whats really going on then I am more incline to want to have a healhty discussion.

Also, your lumping ALL cops together which as anyone with a 1/4 brain can tell you get VERY VERY VERY VERY old on EVERY topic discussed here. EVERYONE on ATS knows not all cops are bad. Even guys like rich know this but never choose to speak in such a way as to recognize it. Instead they speak with hate and with such crap that debating them, or having a conversation to help understand each other is basically wasted time because those members are simple UNWILLING to see the BIG PICTURE!

As I said before...imagine if I treated or judged EVERYONE I meet or deal with on a shift exactly the same...would that be fair? If its not for me, then it shouldn't be for you...as we are all part of the same equation.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by richierich
So a cop shows up and files a report for the homeowners insurance...and that makes him a hero?

Ahh gotta love the reports for homeowners claims...especially the people who ask for a report to file insurance claims and I have to explain to them that the damage done would cost $50 to fix, and their deductible is $500, so a report is useless. This of course is usually the mailbox calls...

If cops were patrolling neighborhoods instead of focusing on high youth and minority areas for big bust numbers maybe they would actually STOP a burglary before it happens...but that is as rare as hens teeth.

Burglars are caught in the act by cops ALL THE TIME. You just don't hear about it everyday because no one cares except the homeowner.

I notice no one had the nerve to refute my main point: Cops are MOSTLY willing to violate the law or rights to level the playing field, or whatever other excuse they use for illegal conduct.

The "nerve"....more like most of us are smart enough not to debate a lie with someone so narrowminded that will NEVER accept anything ever debated except his own words.

STILL no one has the gaul to try and get anyone to believe that I am wrong; i said that ' most cops will' and we all know that is true. Claiming that I am this or that is a slip and slide away from the issue: MOST cops will lie....most cops will ignore illegal conduct by other cops...and MOST cops will perjure themselves to make a case stick.

If you care to debate THAT, I will gladly show many MORE examples than I ALREADY HAVE, that show I am right. Cops see perjury as necessary because of all the irritating limits they face...like the law and Constitution...and they see the factually guilty being convicted more important than preserving the law in pristine condition.

As long as it is US versus YOU, this will not change. join our side and respect people for a change and quit looking down on civilians .

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

All LEO's were not lumped together by my post and my reply to your post was not a jab at any other LEO but you. You're the one who couldn't be bothered to read the entirety of my post before commenting on it, you are the one who seems to be pretty emotional and it is you, even though you claim to agree with that of which you haven't read all of, who is engaging in fallacious arguments in an attempt to derail this thread. A false arrest is a false arrest and is a very serious crime regardless of who commits that crime, and wearing a badge, uniform or gun doesn't change the gravity of that law. If it is a rogue police officer who is falsely arresting someone this thread has posited that it is not just a right but a duty towards one survival and freedom to resist that false arrest in any way possible.

All the nonsense about good cops and bad cops is irrelevant. People are presumed to know the law and by law a false arrest is a criminal action and one who is being falsely arrested is now the victim of that crime, and has every right to resist the abrogation and derogation of rights being hoisted upon him. That is the law, the law you took an oath swearing to uphold.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Again your using the word MOST....in your mind out of the 800,000 LEO's in the US, YOU believe 700,000 are bad, lying, abusive, power tripping nazi's....and that is simply wrong. So I don't need "gaul" to show you, as I said before, that your close minded and no matter what anyone says it will never be right, or be enough, or be sufficent, etc....in othere words, debating you is impossible because your not open to the possibility of being wrong about much, or hell ANY, of what you say.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
reply to post by richierich

Again your using the word MOST....in your mind out of the 800,000 LEO's in the US, YOU believe 700,000 are bad, lying, abusive, power tripping nazi's....and that is simply wrong. So I don't need "gaul" to show you, as I said before, that your close minded and no matter what anyone says it will never be right, or be enough, or be sufficent, etc....in othere words, debating you is impossible because your not open to the possibility of being wrong about much, or hell ANY, of what you say.

The number of LEO's who dishonor their oath they have taken upon sworn testimony is, quite simply, irrelevant. If only one LEO out of 800,000 falsely arrests a person, that LEO did not have proper jurisdiction to do so, and should not be viewed as a police officer just doing his job, but should be viewed as the criminal he or she is because of this false arrest. So from that perspective, you now have a police force 799,000 strong and none of them are bad, because the bad one has been properly arrested, tried and convicted for the crimes committed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I someone falsely arrested me, the very last thing I would do is resist arrest and try to fight some cop on the sidewalk.
Even if you are completely in the right, it is a dumb thing to do.

Much better, would be to keep very quiet, and when back at the police station with plenty of witnesses around, ask to talk to the desk seargent or inspector.

Tell HIM your beef.
But do it politely but very firmly.

Yes, I have been arrested.
But that was a very long time ago, and even then I had absolutely no complaint against the police.
They always acted very properly, and very professionally with me.
Probably because I was also reasonable with them.

The last time I was arrested, the arresting officer even presented a statement of (good) character to the Judge.
The judge commented that it was highly unusual from an arresting officer !

What happened was, I beat the crap out of a guy, and hurt him pretty bad.
I then gave myself up, and was arrested.
The police investigated the whole thing very thoroughly, took a whole lot of statements, and concluded that he deserved every bit of it.

The Judge agreed, found me guilty, and let me go with a warning about taking the law into my own hands.

So I can talk from some personal experience of law enforcement.
Others may see it differently, but that is my story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join