It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Abortion Foes Use Strange Path to Push Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Talk about monkey see monkey do....Just Say No to Process

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Anti-abortion legislators are using an unorthodox process in hopes of getting their latest bill through the Legislature quickly.

They want to rewrite Kansas laws regulating late-term abortions. They're trying to revive parts of a bill vetoed last year and have up-or-down votes in the House and Senate on the new version, without committee hearings or giving legislators a chance to offer amendments.

The negotiators are likely to transform a minor utilities bill into major anti-abortion legislation. The negotiators shrug off questions about the process they're using and say the issue is familiar to legislators.

But the process bothers both abortion opponents and abortion rights supporters outside the Legislature, who don't think it's open enough.

Well there you have it. I guess whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander. I heard this on the evening news and my mouth about hit the floor. November ,if we make it is gonna be intresting. Even local goverments are going down the tube.

new topics

join