It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Average Joe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do you think that within our lifetimes of this generation we will see what is beyond this rock that we live on from a normal persons point of view.

I would gladly see whats beyond this planet, just to even fly to another planet near by.

We have all this technology and why is it taking so long for us to get up and out there.

Wouldn't you like to have a telescope on mars looking at earth with your very own eyes, it would be spectacular.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hear you, and I'd like that too. I think the great strides in space exploration -- if we don't artificially truncate the ability (as a species) to do so within th next few years -- will be by Japan.

I think it's important for the survival of our species, although I hasten to add that if we continue to be critically unable to manage the resources of THIS planet, the LAST thing that I want is for us to be able to mismanage the resources of another one.

I think space flight has and will continue to take a backseat to our very survival. Perhaps that's best, but I share your desire to see Earth from afar, to know with feet-on-the-ground what is on the worlds around us.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
this will not happen in our lifetime, which is sad.

the only way something so massive as terraforming mars or even building domes on mars like total recall would take a one world government. Sorry to say but thats the way it is.

...maybe we do make a base on another planet, the sad thing is, it'll be an island for the elite, only those who can afford a condo there will be.

shrug.

few thoughts.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not going to make it but I have high hopes for my daughter. Just have to get her interested in science.

Right now I'd be happy to get a ride in the back seat of an F-15.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
'Average Joe: Space Colonist' won't happen via rocket power - too expensive. And the government won't allow anti-gravity - threat to national security
. So 'Average Joe' can prepare for cannibalism in year 2050 when Earth over-populates.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaart

"We have all this technology and why is it taking so long for us to get up and out there. "

You do know that "all this technology" comes from slow but steady development right? It takes a lot of brain power, time, precision, and even sacrifices at times. If we could just fly to another planet just like that, don't you think we'd have done that a long time ago?

In other words, all of our technology comes from blood, sweat and tears. We kinda take it for granted. It doesn't just "exist"=)

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaart

We have all this technology and why is it taking so long for us to get up and out there.

"We have"... Who are the "WE" you are talking about??? Currently, the North-Americans are the only ones developing spacecrafts and engines to long space travels. What's the expectation?? 30, 40, 50, 100 years?? If none global cataclysm burst their bubbles...
However, this technology is 100% under the control of US military industry and their main associated enterprises, as Northrop Grumman and Lockheed. It means that ordinary people can stop dreaming with space travel, I mean if you don't have a million dollars to buy a ticket, if you don't belong to any elite group associated to the charges of power, if you weren't involved with any aero-spacial experiment, if you aren't in the USAF, if you don't work on NASA or other space agency from any superpower associated with the ISS, if you aren't part of any military space marine like experimental platoon or something like that, FORGET IT!!!!!!!
Actually, I nor even know if the superpowers led by USA will be allowed to move in the space, far beyond Earth's orbit, 'cos there's an ALIEN POLICE out there and currently the earthlings aren't allowed nor even to return in the moon. You know, I doubt any advanced non-terrestrial civilization see with good eyes, a bunch of happy-trigger-maniac-aggressive-not-so-sapiens-primates traveling across the space...

[grammar edit on 20-3-2010 by ucalien]

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I couldn't help but lol

Oh and by the way, America isn't the only nation creating spacecrafts and engines. Europe and Asia do it too. Yes, America is the leader in space exploration, but they're not the only ones involved by any means.

I agree with the rest though, even though I sense quite a bit of irony=)

top topics

join