It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN on verge of bankruptcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's one for the people!

Just when I thought nothing we do matters with all the madness going on in the world today.

I hope acorn goes down in flames and takes some higher ups with em.

Citing two leaders of the group, the Times reported ACORN is suffering from "mismanagement along with a severe loss of government and membership funds."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Take note that they set up "fresh organization" same scheme different name.

Since September, at least half of ACORN's 30 chapters have disbanded, the Times said. The group's large New York and California chapters have set up fresh organizations.

Congress voted by wide margins to prohibit the federal government from funding ACORN and the Census Bureau ended its partnership with the group.

Magic 8 ball, should I take the advice given to me by acorn???
OUTLOOK NOT GOOD

The group also promotes affordable housing and fights home foreclosures as well as giving tax advice.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Now, let us say I was running an organization that ended up getting really bad press, what would I do?

Oh, I would disband, suck as many assets and money out, and then file bankruptcy.

Next, move over to my new offices in the same building with just different name.

Acorn was a tool of government. Both the Dems and Repubs used them.

Hell, I would not be surprised if they are the source of the trolls on the net.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As much as this news should make me happy, alas endisnighe is correct. This is a ploy to take ACORN out of the limelight. It should be noted that ACORN was reinstated to recieve taxpayer funding again, but is now filing bankruptcy? Yeah. Keep an eye out for brand new Community Organizations in towns and cities. Guaranteed they will be ACORN start-overs.

top topics

join