It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed over Lake - Genova, Italy, 2010.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Strange footage of an unidentified luminous object over a lake in Italy - theres no further information about the clip but it states it was filmed in Genova, March 2010.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I live near Genova. I know very well the landscape of the entire region and there is no lake in that zone. Exacly there is 6 lakes but all artificial and not so big.
It could be the sea (Genoa is in the middle of a gulf) but the entire coast (for kms between the city of La Spezia and Savona) is highly industrializated and full of civil structure (house and bathouse) that i dont see in the video.

I really doubt that the video was captured near Genoa.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ImShrike]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So he's re-edited some footage and therefore he's a hoaxer?

Madmod72 reverses the video to have you believe the object moves away from then back toward the external tank of the shuttle. He also shows it in extremely slow motion. In reality, it only moves backward then curves away very (very) quickly and disappears, perhaps when it hits the blast from the main engines.

Madmod72's edits should be considered hoaxing.

Could you actualy address the footage and explain how you think it has been hoaxed?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Madmod...pfft..
I would suggest cancelling his subscription. his videos are 95% entertainment nonsense. he really needs to spend his time focusing in on a different area verses destroying this area.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Madmod...pfft..
I would suggest cancelling his subscription. his videos are 95% entertainment nonsense. he really needs to spend his time focusing in on a different area verses destroying this area.

SaturnFX - do you think this footage is CGI?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

He edited the original NASA video in an intentionally deceptive manner (that is probably why it was removed).

The "Italian" video looks like a typical interior reflection on a window "UFO".

Once a hoaxer, always a hoaxer.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I dont think it is CGI, I think its light reflecting off of something shiny sitting on land on the side of the hill. The object does not move. The camera moves too much.

I have no clue why anyone (not you, the person filming/uploading) would think that is a UFO unless they intended to hoax.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So you've labelled him a hoaxer because he re-edited some footage (to my mind your first post insinuated he was completely fabricating UFO videos) - good job I read your opinions on the other thread.

As for the reflection on the window theory, thanks for sharing your thoughts but it doesn't look that way to me - the object appears to be moving quite fast around the 0:50 mark and at 3:10 there appears to be another object underneath.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Moving fast? You mean like this?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That looks to be CGI to me -can we just stick to the original footage and your reflection theory?

I could be wrong but at 2:21 there also appears to be another object filmed near the shore.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

It isn't CGI and it is relevant to the video in the OP. It's an interior reflection on a window.

www.denverpost.com...

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Erm, Karl12 your a subject matter expert this video does not give us anything new, I have been following your posts and threads and I would expect more from you than this. Disappointing really.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Franspeakfree -your entitled to your opinion mate but I do think this footage is quite interesting and that the object is not a reflection on a window.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, not being an expert and all ...

But the main object on the front of the mountain doesn't move at all throughout the whole video (so far as I could tell) relative to the mountains behind it, leading me to believe that it is simply a parked car or at the very least a static light source.

The little bit of the video of light/s juxtaposed on the lake do look like light reflections to me. At some brief point when both lights are in frame the main one is still static.

That's what these all eyes can see.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I saw the Sun's reflection (either it's early morning or evening) on a building or other structure built on the side of the hill.

For what it's worth, at one point I thought I spotted Nessie!!

Really....any time we get something like this, from a known hoaxter, and he/she doesn't have the decency to hold the camera steady, then adds the overly dramatic music soundtrack? Pffft.

Too bad so many who watch that garbage on YT will find it credible.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Madmod...pfft..

SaturnFX - do you think this footage is CGI?

Cheers.

Ultimately, if a person is caught a single time purposefully hoaxing something, then he should always be ignored.
His posts are ego driven nonsense that is in my mind, trying to discredit the UFO movement into little more than a cool topic to be creative on.

Theres tons of decent subscriptions out there..luckymauro tries to get good videos (some hit, some miss)...watching his videos are far more entertaining and possible than almost anything ole 72 puts out...and without the concern of CG nonsense.

-add: in all honesty, finding something to be CG is almost impossible now adays...the question now is, is it bad CG or well done CG. This is why source matters now moreso than what your seeing. You can have a tiny pinprick of light amid stars that does something barely uninteresting and that could be "the real deal" that is ignored..meanwhile, that absurdly convincing independence day looking craft moving over a desert with people screaming and running and shadows perfectly lined up is simply CG...
This is no longer 1987...average hobbiest CGers on their home computer can make some amazing work and with a bit of creativy and intellect...can pull off things that seem every bit as real as raw footage.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

[edit on 20-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh boy another shaky UFO video... Seriously if anyone ever sees a UFO and has a video camera chill the heck out and hold your hand steady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your too excited (I know I probably would be) give the camera to a friend or put it on a ledge of some sort, but for the love of god I now have to dismiss every single shaky cloverfieldesque UFO video now because it just makes me sick... You possibly have the chance to videotape one of the most significant things in history yet everytime it's as if the cameramen ALL have Parkinson's disease or something.... Please can we get a good video that doesn't look like the camera is falling down a mountain?!

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Envisionimage]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't see any rustic lake near Genoa either, which makes the video extremely suspect to begin with. It took me a while to realize that the glint on the hillside, no doubt a reflection off a windshield or something, was supposed to be the UFO. Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by karl 12

Erm, Karl12 your a subject matter expert this video does not give us anything new, I have been following your posts and threads and I would expect more from you than this. Disappointing really.

What are we supposed to do now to Karl 12? To burn him at the stake? Execution by firing squad? Stoning?
He has been promoted to FSME because he deserved it 100%, because of his GREAT contribution to the board, especially with the great threads he has found the time to start (unlike you did).
Your post really saddened me, for what it's worth. The pot calling the kettle black

top topics

<<   2 >>

join