It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Release from SIRIUS Space Research Academy of Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Press Release from SIRIUS Space Research Academy of Turkey

www.uforc.com

IMPORTANT WORLDWIDE ANNOUNCEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

WORLD EXCLUSIVE!

BREAKTHROUGH DEVELOPMENT ABOUT THE KUMBURGAZ SIGHTING IN TURKEY!!

HISTORICAL STATEMENT FROM “TUBITAK” (National Science and Technology Research Board of Turkey)
“THE FOOTAGE IS GENUINE and THE OBJECTS CAPTURED ON FILM IN THE KUMBURGAZ SIGHTINGS ARE UFO’S”
The UFO’s, sighted at Kumburgaz, caused great shock waves around the world and were part of the written and visual media from China to Russia and Brazil to Switzerland and will go down in th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I find this to be one of the most significant news stories of our time and I do not understand why UFOLOGY is sleeping on this and not barely talking about it. I believe this is a legitimate story that will cause the debunkers to have great trouble running away from their ridiculous comments over the years.

www.uforc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Untill you can supply a genuine source (not some alien/ufo website) then this can not be taken seriously and certainly is not any exclusive story, if this information was as big as your making out it to be, i would atleast expect there to be some mention of it on the official TUBITAK website but there isnt, none.

( www.tubitak.gov.tr... )

and lets be honest, even if it was real, then what? most people already know that a more advanced ET life must exist but you can release as many stories as you like, im personally bored and fed up with reading stories about black dots in the sky and grainy pictures, im ready for the next level of contact, and have been for the last couple of years.

pictures and stories no longer get me excited because i already know they exist, i just want contact to happen.

regards

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is not news.

The Tubitak "analysis" was made in 2008 and was hardly a detailed analysis.
Here is a translation of the "Image Pre-evaluation Report" from Tubitak:
English
Notice that the report says the tape was received on January 31, 2008.

Here is a scan of the report (in Turkish):
www.siriusufo.org...
Notice that the date of the report is January 31, 2008. TUBITAK received the tape and issued the report on the same day. They barely had a chance to look at it unless they had nothing else to do. If this is just a preliminary ("pre-evaluation") report, where is the final report? In any case I see only two thing of interest in the report. The truncated translation says that the tape is not CGI (I would agree with that). It also says the tape was not made in a studio (though I can't imagine how they would determine that). I says nothing else which bears on its authenticity.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I admire your enthusiasm, but declaring that the objects are UFO's is hardly ground breaking; a sizeable number of UFO cases are deemed UFO's because they can't be identified.

Accordingly, the term “UFO” (Unidentified Flying Object) which has been used for these sort of dubious objects can also be used for these objects . But, this definition does not mean that these objects are from extraterrestrial (flying saucer etc.) origin.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This another page from that original report, it has been signed off,

www.siriusufo.org...
I'll look for a translation.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So...if this isn't CGI, and it most likely wasn't filmed in a studio what are we saying here? That it was filmed in a studio because that's the only thing possible? This is not the typical as folks would say, balloon, flare, bird, raindrop, cloud, or image anomaly that we are looking at. In all honesty after doing a little research and from what Phage said I am lead to believe this could very well be legit.

This video, until proven fake will be considered as evidence to me that we are not alone. Now if someone proves this was a hoax, if it was, I will happily give credit to all the people involved in the creation and spreading of this dis info, as this does not seem to be a simple task at faking.

S+F

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sharklive6

G'day sharklive6

Sorry mate.....

Phage & the members are correct.....this "testing" & "evidence" isn't new.

It's been covered in huge detail previously on ATS & the "evidence" remains far from unequivocal.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
guys, it very well is real, but this press release" is not recent. It was actually released last year.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

haha
you unintelligent debunkers are so cute. you are a own race,and you never learn. standing stuck in the mud and can never move.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

No CGI, no studio

The closeups of the "UFO" look like a model to me. A model. It's hard to see a string by moonlight.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly
guys, it very well is real, but this press release" is not recent. It was actually released last year.

I would think that if this was real then this probably would have been hushed up immediately. It probably got leaked out because you-know-who can't control all the information spreading now with the internet and all, and then probably they got a visit by you-know-who and poof....case closed.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
They do say it needed more investigation, and while they regard it as a genuine object, it could be terrestrial, or rather not neccessarily extra-terrestrial. I don't think it says if they were actually going to do further investigations. They do imply that it is unidentified, they don't verify that it was a flying object.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So we are going with model on this one? Well lets see if anyone can disprove that Phage because when I first saw this video, to be completely honest, the only thing I thought of that would be able to work on this as a hoax and look legit would be the use of a model. Although a believer I am still very skeptical because of all the garbage floating around. I also respect ATS users opinions, because in most cases ATS figures out the truth one way or another.

I really hope that is not the case though, and until someone proves or disproves, I will still believe, because I'm a believer at heart, that this is legit.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If I'm thinking of the right case, I also remember videos taken just as the sun was rising that looked like flames from offshore oil derricks.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No CGI, no studio

The closeups of the "UFO" look like a model to me. A model. It's hard to see a string by moonlight.

G'day Phage

I've always thought the "viewing angle" of the "UFO" was incorrect.

I've always thought the "viewing angle" was too large from the perspective of the observer, for it to be something being viewed from a significant distance.

To my mind, the "viewing angle" was too large & therefore more akin to that produced by the filming of a model at much closer range.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sharklive6

It seems that the Istanbul UFO footage already was debunked. Anyway this video is not that sharp to anyone put the hands in the fire, for it...
Here's the link where a guy posted a video-response, debunking the Turkish video.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
it almost look like the starship from star trek, same structure and such.

a lot of you are asking for a credible source, what then is a credible source? CNN? FOX? or any of the main stream news network? or are you expecting the government to come out and say it's real?

even if jesus himself appeared to you and showed you a video of an alien specie and their planet, you'd still ask for another "credible" source and even when you get that source you'd ask for credible opinions. when you get God himself telling you it's real you're going to want to be right there, at the time of taping looking at it with your own eyes, touching it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

There are quite a few "oddities" with the story. The video comes from a night watchman. The "UFO" has shown up repeatedly at the same time of year (2007, 2008, 2009, about time for the next arrival). Apparently no other videos or witnesses which seems odd since the UFO has a pretty regular schedule and hangs out over the harbor at Kumburgaz, not exactly a sparsely populated area.

It should be noted that the video is presented by Sirius, a UFO museum chainstore. Not Maussan, but pretty reminiscent of him.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good points. But I do have a question after poking around a bit more. Is it possible that the reason the video is stamped by Sirius is because they were the distributor? Do you think someone possibly anonymously submitted this to them because of who they are and therefore that is why it carries the Sirius tag? If real, the film taker might have been scared to go public?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join