It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules for being a Republican

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am so glad you gave us your history - thanks.

I don't care what you think about how he got where, what he did when, or why he did who - he is the president of the US until further notice. You choose to believe a lot of crap (especially your little link there - you should have pop up ads with that, it's so ridiculous) that is supposition. That is your choice, as is your vote. To bash our own president like you do, though, well...

Let's put it this way. I can see how easy it is for terrorists to gain support around the world - all they have to do is show recruits this page and show the discord that people like you spread - they are invigorated by seeing what they perceive they caused.

I'll make my decision in November. Until then, I will support the man in charge. You know what? I'll even support him afterwards - BECAUSE HE'S OUR LEADER. If Kerry wins and takes over...I'll support him starting in January. Why? Same reason.

You people put your political ideologies and agendas before your patriotism. Ever read about how the Roman Empire fell? Scary stuff...

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by natas]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Do you know anything about the Brownshirt movement of Weimar Germany? No?
Here's a clue: the bulk of your star spangled clap trap was proto-fascist. And I seriously doubt that, based on the bulk of your posts, you'd "accept" Kerry as CINC. Why? Because to accept Bush as such is to already have turned a blind eye....so you've already been compromised.

I'd love for you to do the research on the research that's already been done for you as to why my opnions are what they are. Alas, I feel you'd be unable to take yourself away from the flag waving long enough.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think I'm MORE than old enough to have had a HS history class dipsiit, and I'm sorry that your obvious hatred of Bush has led you down the path of unquestioned cynicism.

It's okay, don't tell about any of the research. It's okay - use the "It's already been done for you" response. It's a good one - for most people, it ridicules the opponent and shuts them up about it. Oops, not this one. Tell us all - show the proof. It's a poker game - I CALL.

Flag waving? Yeah, excuse the CRAP out of me for doing it. Why don't you go live in Israel, Iran, Iraq, China, Russia, or anywhere else for God's sake? Obviously, you hate it here.

Don't presume to tell me who I would and would not support. You dno't know me, you don't know a damn thing about me, so DON'T go telling me about what I would and wouldn't do. I said I would do it, and I am a man of my word. Maybe that's hard for your hate-filled little mind to assimilate.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Natas

So, basicly, you'll support anyone who gets in, even if it would be the anti-christ or Satan it-self? Interesting...

I can't believe it. No mather what he did (who ever is "he"), you'll support it, because it's your LEADER. Isn't that what we would call being a mind-less sheep?

Edit: Just noticed me and Bout Time registered on the same day, so I wanted to say no, I'm not his alter-ego, and no, I didn't jumped in just to defend him, I thought what you said was kinda stupid.

No offense meant. But we MUST impeach Bush!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I said KERRY. Not satan, the antichrist or anything like that. Please use common sense. It may be difficult, but WHO ELSE HAS A LEGIT SHOT AT BEING PRESIDENT? I said that I would support either man (whoever wins?) because they would be the leader of our country.

Common sense - maybe it's foreign to you...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Right - we just must do it...

Like that has ANY chance of happening. You present yourself as an extremist just by posting that crap.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Natas
So, basicly, you'll support anyone who gets in.............
I can't believe it. No mather what he did (who ever is "he"), you'll support it, because it's your LEADER. Isn't that what we would call being a mind-less sheep?

Morbid

What Natas is practicing is true Americanism........... �Exaggeration to the ridiculous� is a false argument at logic ����.Natas demonstrate fidelity to Constitutional principles our country was founded and practice of unconditional in love of country.

He demonstrates an example for you might look to emulate.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by natas
Right - we just must do it...

Like that has ANY chance of happening. You present yourself as an extremist just by posting that crap.

And what did you call it when you demanded the same of Clinton.......

--------Enquirering minds wish to know?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I guess taking our country into a war. Driving up the national debt, killing American soldiers all on false pretenses isn't a impeachable offence. Again where are the weapons of mass destruction, where was the threat from Saddam, I don't give a # how bad he was Bush used my tax dollars to remove him instead of fixing our schools or roads, actually he didn�t even use my tax dollars he used my kids that she hasn�t earned yet!

Good rules btw. All are pretty dead on. Republicans = Hypocrites

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Impeaching Clinton was - once again - nearly impossible to do. Did I like the guy? No.

Did I want to see our president embarrassed any more than he already had been? NO.

Did Clinton do good things as president? Yes.

I don't see impeaching a president as a viable solution to anything, especially when it has to do with unfounded suppositions like M0rbid and BT offer up.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
No - they're NOT impeachable offenses. You make another great case for supposition and heresay. Great...

Republicans = hypocrites? Great blanket statement. It really shows your support for a united country.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
What Natas is practicing is true Americanism...........

I see... Wow, and I thought I had a problem with Americans in generals. Now I know, I simply can't stand "true American" (whatever you think that means). We could almost label you American-extremists.

BTW, don't pick on me, it's just that I hadn't bashed Bush in a while, and felt like venting a little. I never liked the guy, nor his father, and nor will I ever do. And I don't even live in the USA lol...

Say whatever you want, those rules apply pretty well to all the Republicans I know or I ever heard of.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you're not even from here, then how do you know that many Republicans?

Hypocrite is synonymous with fraud, charlatan, fake...
I could make the same statement about democrats, or for that matter, ANY politician - but I won't. I am not going to sink that low today.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If you're not even from here, then how do you know that many Republicans?

It's called the Internet. You're on it, right now.

Were you just talking about intelligence?...

How 'bout wearing a Poo-stick figure as an avatar, now that looks brilliant.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You BELIEVE everything you read on the Internet? Don't EVER talk about me lacking intelligence if you believe everything you read on this spectrum.

Mr. Hanky is a satirical icon. Ever heard of that?

Did I poke fun at your grim reaper? Ooooohhhhh, sscccaarrryyyyy.....

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You BELIEVE everything you read on the Internet? Don't EVER talk about me lacking intelligence if you believe everything you read on this spectrum.

Dude, I meant, talking with people.

I never said I believe everything that is WRITTEN on the Internet, but when somebody SAY something (when they state their opinion), I'll usually just believe that it is, in fact, what they think. (hence their opinion). I don't have any reason to suspect that everybodie's opinions is just blatant lies. I might be paranoid, but I don't believe that 1 person out of 4 here is a disinformation agent.

If they state a fact, now that's another thing. If I have to, I will check for my self and research. (that is if it's not already a proven fact, or something I know for sure)

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I understand more now. BUT - to say that republicans are hypocritical is unfair. All politicians (especially in an election year) will say what they feel they need to in order to get more votes. that is why I have said that I will vote on ISSUES, and not on words or accusations.

I apologize if I offended you - I am just getting really tired of some accusations and discord that continue to pollute our once great country.

Maybe I am a flag waver - maybe I am in the minority now, but I don't care. I still believe in our country and I always will. I just get tired of seeing and reading about those that would show a willingness to do otherwise - be they liberal, conservative or moderate.

It is okay to agree to disagree at times, and I need to remember that.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I apologize if I offended you

Apologies accepted, and I apologize too, if I offended you or anyone else. BTW, I don't remember saying Republicans are hypocrites, I personnaly think all politicians are.

You said you'll vote on ISSUES, and not simply on words. I said I don't like Bush, because of how he is and many other things. But I also profoundly hate some of the ideas the Republican Party are promoting. I'm not so knowledgable when it comes to politics, but I remember my views and ideas (or most of them) were more similar to the Liberals ones. Hey, I don't even know what I'm doing in the Mud Pit, must have lost my path lol...

But as you said, it's okay to disagree. Diversity is good.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by gmcnulty
What Natas is practicing is true Americanism...........

I see... Wow, and I thought I had a problem with Americans in generals. Now I know, I simply can't stand "true American" (whatever Republicans I know or I ever heard of.

The point I was, awkwardly attempting to make is 2 side may disagree vociferously about the merits of �THEIR� candidate but once the election is held and a winner is determined that person is �OUR� President.

In 2000, I a life long registered Republican left the party because I could not take part in any group that nominated for the highest office, measurably in the world, a person who was challenged to form a proper sentence.

I did not �mis-undestimate� the man�s abilities.

I worked against his election. But he won.

And on a cold date in Jan. George Bush became my President.

I have no problem if you support/don�t support Bush one way or another.

But no matter what, as an American committed to the tenets and ideals of our Constitution I am a �zealot�.

If that�s something you find offensive��.I have no problem with you holding that opinion����.but adding TS.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey, you know what, when you (or someone else) talked about "true patriotism" sooner, I refrained from using the word Zealot but...

There, you said it your self.

I rest my case. (j/k)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join