It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese-made helicopter makes maiden flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not one day go, without China developing their domestic products in new areas...

China's first domestically developed civilian helicopter, the AC313, has made its maiden flight in the mainland's southern province of Jiangxi.

The first ever made-in-China helicopter will mainly be used for emergency search and rescue operations, fighting forest fires, as well as passenger and freight transport, according to a report published by China Central Television.

"It's very stable and easy to operate. Its integrated avionics system makes it very convenient for pilots to handle the aircraft," AC313 pilot Xu Guolin said.

www.presstv.com...

Pic doesnt look like "stealth", or match any latest US Army chopper, but in my eyes - looks like it may work on its rescue and transport missions.

Ill expect they have a program to make Army choppers too, coming out near future.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
for the sake of their safety I hope they have built it better than some of the crap they export.

I recently bought a Fossil watch and it stopped working within a month, maybe it would still be working if it was made in the USA like it should have been instead of China.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

With population of China - Test flight programs are short...

I see its nice to follow how country developes itself with timetable never seen before. Chinas fast developement gives hope.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It looks like a modernised Aerospatiale Super Frelon.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by justwokeup]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I see its nice to follow how country develops itself with timetable never seen before. China's fast development gives hope.

??? - How does China's development give hope? & to whom?

BTW, Your link is broken...
But here is a different source with the same story.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I recently bought a Fossil watch and it stopped working within a month, maybe it would still be working if it was made in the USA like it should have been instead of China.

Mate, your cardinal mistake here was not buying "made in China", it was buying a Fossil watch at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Pic doesnt look like "stealth", or match any latest US Army chopper,

thats because is not made to be "stealth" or to compete with any "armys"

it clearly says its a civillian / recue helicopter, not army!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Murcielago

China is one of the largest emerging economies today, and its inevitable push on to the world market, and its increased reforms, allowing more FDI, and FFE's to invest in its market is going to help business worldwide, and push the world away from being reliant on the USA. In other words the world has more options now, and becoming less reliant on just one market.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by blah2200]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blah2200

So he was simply saying it gives hope to the Chinese...

and BTW, the reason they are "modernizing" so quickly is because they dont have to invent anything...they just have to copy. and as we've all found out from school, copying is easy.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good to see China is progressing forward while a majority of the rest of the 'civilized' world collapses under their own laziness, ignorance, and stupidity.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murcielago

may be it works better this way , i mean learn copy and then develop and you might get better at it in the end.

just saying

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Dr UAE]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You better keep buying made in china or else: China warns U.S. that 'trade war' will hurt Americans even more. Leave China alone, I can't afford to buy made in USA. Most of us can't. It's why we shop at walmart.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

on the walmart , i never knew morrisons (the UK chain) was owned by the same people as walmart,

on topic, though

people need to remember in the past the brightest minds from asia use to move to the US for a better lifestyle, but ever since china, india and so on started to develop and become more advanced these bright minds are staying or returning to their home countries.

so this isnt something new and we can expect more Home made gear coming out of countries like india and china as their econamies start to blossom even more

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

on the walmart , i never knew morrisons (the UK chain) was owned by the same people as walmart,

That'll be because its not. Asda is.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

seriously? i was told it was morrisons,
oh well, learn something new every day

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So you think slave labor and sweat shops are good? You people are hilarious. You realize the elites want china to succeed so the labor prices drop extremely low. You want America to revert to the 1900's? You want workers to have no rights or benefits? You want horrid working conditions? You want poison products from china destroying the US and other countries?

So you want the gap between rich and poor to become even wider. This isn’t even a conspiracy, it’s right out in the open. If you shop at Wal-Mart you need to get an education and get a decent job.

Disgusting people.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eikmun
If you shop at Wal-Mart you need to get an education and get a decent job.

Disgusting people.

I shop at walmart, I'm pretty smart, and have a good job.

I prefer to buy things that say "Made in the USA" but those items are few and far between. All stores items say made in China...it doesn't matter if I shop at walmart, target, scheels, or best buy.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Nice copy of a Russsian Hind Transport. if it gets as popular as the Chinese copy of the AK 47 they may have something.

top topics

join