It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was just going through the "list of cryptids" wikipedia page.
en.wikipedia.org...

I ran into a cryptid called "grassman"

Grassman, also known as the Ohio Grassman and Kenmore Grassman, is an alleged bipedal, ape-like creature reportedly seen in the state of Ohio, primarily around Kenmore,[1] near the Akron, Ohio area and throughout Eastern Ohio into Western Pa. and central and southern Ohio into WV. It was first allegedly sighted in Gallia County, Ohio in 1869.

In general, scientists reject the possibility that such mega-fauna cryptids exist, because of the improbably large numbers necessary to maintain a breeding population[2] and because climate and food supply issues make their survival in reported habitats unlikely[3].

Most accounts of Grassman describe it to be 7 to 9 feet tall, with black or brown to reddish hair, a muscular build, broad shoulders, and large hands and feet. Some[who?] think that the Grassman might be the same creature as Bigfoot. Others[who?] suggest Grassman resembles a hairy vagrant. Some who have had close encounters say the face is more human-like than ape-like, with a wide flat nose heavy brow ridge and thinner lips, human type block teeth with no fangs, but that the eyes were brown and had no whites that they could see.

The History Channel in its television series Monster Quest investigated reports of the Grassman, showing researchers on the case investigating if the creature is real or fictional. The program primarily focused in the Ohio area where sightings are most prominent. The show found inconclusive evidence, and the Grassman has yet to be identified.

en.wikipedia.org...

I went to google and entered "Grassman Ohio" and I found this site.
www.bigfootencounters.com...

From reading that page, the Grassman and Bigfoot apparently look similar but act differently. (Differences/other information is available on that page)

So have people been seeing Bigfoot in Ohio? Is Grassman a differnt type of Bigfoot?
Any other information/accounts of Grassman would be appreciated.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have never once heard of the Grassman, which is good because I love hearing about new cryptids. My first thought was instantly Dede the Treeman. I am going to see if I can find that Monster Quest video to see the reference.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There is going to be a Grassman movie coming out called "Legend Of The Grassman"
It will be made by the Meyers brothers.

You can read more about it here, there are some links to trailers on the page also.

www.cryptomundo.com...

Cheers

[edit on 1-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just another take on the skunk ape I guess..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Fox,

I did my best to find some photographs of this creature, and wasn't able to locate any.

This sounds interesting, but it definitely requires some further research before making any kind of assumptions.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Actually, the monster quest episode on the grassman was decent, I can't say the same for alot of other episodes, but they found some primate skull in the woods (you know, if the producer didn't throw it on the ground). The eyewitness accounts were pretty convincing.

top topics

join