It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch outrage as US general blames gay soldiers for Srebrenica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Dutch outrage as US general blames gay soldiers for Srebrenica

www.timesonline.co.uk

A retired American general has blamed the UN's historic failure to protect the Bosnian "safe haven" of Srebrenica on the fact that there were openly gay soldiers in the Dutch peacekeeping battalion assigned to it.

The comments from former Marine Corps General John Sheehan prompted outrage in the Netherlands, where the humiliation in July 1995 of 400 armed Dutch peacekeepers and the subsequent massacre by Serb forces of 8,000 Muslim men and boys remains a subject of acute national sensitivity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
WOAH! This is amazing to say the least. What a loose cannon this man has, but the bigger implication is that this man's views dictate the way the USMC was run.

I don't know what you all think about this, but to me, it seems scary to have someone like this with such radical views. I would very much like to hear the views of other ATS members on this.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
hmm , the general should go back and study the remit that the UN was operating under and the ROE that the ductch had - and also the question - if the dutch had kicked off - what support was availiable to them

there were LOTS of problems that made the UN " peacekeeping prsence " at the time a disdster waiting to happen

but homosexual dutch soldiers was NOT one of them

if they [ the dutch homoxesuals ] had actually recieved the order - fire at will

they would have made chips of the serbs

oh - and just for the record [ i am sure my view has been stated in other threads ]

i am opposed to homosexuals in the military AND women in combat units

but that does not stop me disagreeing with retired general sheenan

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ignorant_ape]

new topics

join