It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naturally Nocturnal Humans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Every time I fix my sleeping patterns, I always end up back to a nocturnal pattern. It's annoying having to stay up over 24 hours to fix a sleeping pattern lol.

Anyone think that the internet, TV video games etc are partly to blame for this?
Think back to a 100 years ago, how much easier it would be to go to bed with less distractions around.
edit on 30-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Of course "they" say this is a disease. Soon, everything will be a disease with a "cure", for which you will pay big bucks to the corporations, get all sorts of side effects, but of course it's all to cure the "disease", right?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

No I just love life so much I hate to go to bed.
And I really do love the dark. As far as insomnia, never... I can sleep whenever I want to. But my zest for life gets in the way more than anything, Oh just 5 more minutes...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Finally I've found my kind of people. I am glad to have found this thread, the posts and to finally realized what is wrong with me. I always have a problem waking up in the morning ever since I was a kid. I already had a hobby of sleeping late at night. Then it worsen when I reached highschool. I don't talk when I just woke up and my answers would be pretty much incomprehensible grunts,hmmms or blank stares. That what they would ONLY get from me. Screw them. I'm practically a zombie in the morning. I am not that expressive too. My whole highschool life sucked because of this. Given the chance, I would have enrolled in a night class or school. I am very active during the night and very much excited, giddy, and always seems to be in adrenaline rush. By morning I'd be all scowl and frowns, cranky, snappy at people especially to loud ones. I can't concentrate in school at all, I seemed to be more depressed and quiet. I really hate it when they labeled me emo. I am nothing like that. Sure I have a stoic facade, but hey can you blame me? The sun is annoying or any light for that matter plus I haven't had a decent sleep.. I just prefer the zen of the night than the NOISES and INTERRUPTIONS in the morning. My mother is one, very annoying (well more like my whole family).

Right now I'm looking for a job where my natural nocturnal self will find peace. It's hard.

edit on 9-3-2012 by hohnir because: smiley

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm in Australia as I post this, I wonder if anyone wants to swap my life, over here for theres on the other side of the world. lol

Ever since the mid 90's I have felt like cr%p in the mornings, I felt like my energy was drained, then as I went onto high school and got more involved in computers like programming, internet, chat, talking to people on the other side of the world that were like minded people, I gradually become a night owl and I didn't feel cr%p like during my awaken hours like I would do in the day time. Now days I am off and on day living or night living. day living I feel seedy like I have a hang over. Night living I accomplish more stuff. But I wonder if I am missing something that was in foods pre mid 90's makes me wonder while I had this on set of seedyness all of a sudden during the mid 90's. electro smug? something taken from the food?

I get allot of muscle aches, leg muscles mainly.

I was born 1985 during my birth I stopped breathing, because of the cord being wrapped around my neck. what if this had been different? would I be in this thread wondering why I feel better at night?
I don't believe I was brain damaged by this event, yes I was a slow learner at school but that was because I could never focus of a day. By the time I left high school, I was learning more than ever, teaching myself to spell and construct a sentence with complex words.
I started reading more than I ever did at school, current events, history, tutorials.
Now days I feel like if I don't read I get dumb. I'm Consistently having my girlfriend whine because I'm Nocturnal and spend my nocturnal nights on the internet reading away learning new things.
I hate not being able to explain myself to people, I feel like I am the only one that understands. I get told I'm lazy and have no drive. Basically I do but they won't see it because they are sleeping.
The only people that see it is the people I fix computers for. I have tried to get a 8 - 5 job but failed for some reason. I would love to lead a normal sleeping pattern but I can not maintain one. I like the beach, love swimming.

So anyone have any clues, as to what I can do to fix sleeping right hours?

edit on 12-3-2012 by amraks because: spell mistake

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Sounds like preference to me, like walks on the beach to raving in a club. Ive had an overnight job before, my intervals were forced to change for this reason, I felt more comfortable sleeping in the day, but now I go to school and have grown accustomed to sleeping at night again, I love darkness though although it's day , my curtain is closed and my room is painted black, my furniture is black as well, light bothers me, not physically, only preferentially I guess, but this preference does not affect my sleeping intervals, if I am walking awake for 14 hours then my body desires 8 hours of sleep, it doesn't matter if it's day or night, I have depression problems but sadly they were not lifted for me when I was awake all night and sleeping all day, the preference may be biologically embedded for those who claim to be "naturally nocturnal" like homosexuality and psychopathy

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Haha yes I strongly believe that electronic entertainment devices are too blame, I've never met a "nocturnal" person who was physically fit and had a dislike for sitting around being entertained by electronic devices, from personal experience nocturnal people watch a lot of tv, and either play video games or use Internet excessively, the other 10% are coc aine fiends..... As myself,,,,, haha

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Yes,i am one of those people.At night i am energised,and just feel healthier and more alert.Its like daylight drains me,while night invigorates.Nothing to do with the seasons either,its the same summer or winter. Ive tried to not sleep in the daytime,so i can be sleepy at night-but it does'nt help much. Normaly when i do that,im still awake at night,just tired then,still not sleepy though.I do with very little sleep anyway,usualy from 7/8am-12noon/1pm. People have different circadian rythmns+sleep requirements, "daywalkers" seems to be the majority though.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nightflower
those who wish to conform will find reasons to justify conformity... those who wish to be right will find citations supporting their point of view... those who need no external validation will simply be as they are... there is no right or wrong circadian rhythm, there is only your comfortable circadian rhythm... you do not need to justify living yours... just find the rhythm right for you enjoy it

i appreciate others like you who understand the waves of energy that come after dark... these days i spend much time working during the day so i force myself to get some sleep during the nights... tonight i thought about this and realized i know no nocturnals these days and felt lonely for others who understand... so hello out there to anyone stopping by here... you are welcome in my world

you can find me here

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It is a medical fact people who work nights all their worjing life die ten years younger.
You may be a nightowl but it isn't good for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
It is a medical fact people who work nights all their worjing life die ten years younger.
You may be a nightowl but it isn't good for you.

Has anyone bothered to study how forcing being awake during hours your body finds unnatural impacts people in the long run? I'd hazard a guess it's probably worse due to the stress & poor sleep that results.

I'm a night owl, like many others in the thread. Fighting to maintain a daytime awake/nighttime asleep schedule is much more stressful on the bod for me. My BP's high enough as it is with or without meds, I don't think I need the stress of "fitting in" with everyone else's schedule for one reason or another to make it worse.
edit on 8/30/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I live a 32 to 36 hour day.

This started back when i got two rare autoimmune diseases

For the first 14 months i lived 72 hour days and never felt sleepy.

Then i went on Gabapentin and started on the 32 to 36 hour days.

Since i am disbled from the autoimmune diseases and don't work the only reasons to get up at hour not normal for me is to go pay bills and go to doctors appointments 32 to 36 hour days are not bad.

Though taking the medication i do is a problem as they are to be taken every 12 hours.

I found cops automatically believe anyone that does not live normal hours is a illegal drug user.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nightflower

i find i'm most awake and ready to get things done from 2am to noon. i can totally relate to your observations.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Im not sure whether to call it being "Nocturnal" or not..

But I will say I always have more energy at night.

The sun seems to "drain" me quite literally. I always rather play sports at night or indoors, I always play better with more energy in those environments. Mid day is awful for me, I wouldnt say I feel "tired" its more like I feel "weak"

I wonder if "race" or nationality or sex or blood type has anything to do with it

Im a U.S. Male with Blonde hair blue eyes about 5"11 165 lbs blood type O+

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi.. This is Mallika and I am from India.. Thanks for sharing this post.. M glad that there are people like me.. Just wanted to add a few points over here..
First of all to those who say 'electronic gadgets' are to be blamed.. Nothing offensive.. But in my case I dont use my mobile or pc after 11pm.. Because I am preparing for Engineering Services Exams.. So I have to study all night.. Usually i study between 00:00 to 06 am or sometimes 07/08..
That means I can still be wide awake without using internet or playing games..
Secondly, to the society.. Oh god why..
untill I read this thread I used to feel I am lazy, I cant do anything like normal people etc etc #.. Because people of this society used to yell at me like that.. "Mallika, try to be a morning person, early to bed early to rise.. Why are U so lazy always.. This..that.. Try this..do exercise.. Try going for morning walk.. Try that.." and the saddest part.. I really tried all this #.. Yet nothing could make me a morning person.. And at last I end up wasting my important days just trying to figure out "how not to be a nocturnal?".. Now I really regret.. Now i started accepting the fact that yeah this is the way i am.. Since childhood.. And now i dont let people discuss this matter.. I simply say I am nocturnal and infact more active than you.. Dont suggest me how to change.. Just accept..
Why should I waste my time forcing myself to sleep when i know i can use that time for studying.... And i never felt active while studying in daytime..
And we people do everything.. We complete our work on time.. Take on our responsibilities very well.. Just the fact that we do that at night.. And I dont think it should be an issue.. Atleast we are not troubling them at night.. I always be quiet.. And i dont disturb anyone who is sleeping.. Even when sometimes my mom is not at home.. And i have to manage everything like preparing food for my dad.. I manage it easily.. I can manage everything with this routine now.. Happily..

Now what I am doing is.. Whoever is talking to me on this topic.. I am just sharing this link with him/her.. And telling them.. Look.. M not the one.. Thanks to make me that strong.. Cheers.. We, the nocturnals are more active, more creative and more intelligent.. I personally feel.. Love you all.. *hug*
bbye.. Time to sleep.. Its 5:30here in India..
Wish me best luck for my exams..

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am looking for advice from couples who have successfully learned to balance opposite sleep schedules. What do you do that keeps your relationship alive and well. What do each of you do to keep from feeling resentful/lonely? I adore my nocturnal BF but there are definitely times I struggle going to bed alone, waking up alone, working 12 hours a day and coming home exhausted, I struggle to stay awake past 10:30 PM. Then the cycle starts all over again. He typically goes to bed around 9 AM and sleeps until late afternoon/early evening. MOST OF THE TIME...he has insomnia as well and there are days he can only cat nap and then BOOM - he sleeps for 24-32 hours. I loathe when this happens on my day off and I'm not proud of it but I do struggle with resentment when it does happen. I don't wake him up - I always let him sleep because I know it is a precious commodity for him. Sometimes I will quietly slide into bed next to him just to recharge and sometimes he sneaks into bed in the middle of the night or comes in to kiss me on my forehead (I treasure those moments) He is a independent computer programmer, working on a project from home and having peace and quiet at night I know helps him focus. I don't want nor do I expect him to change his natural sleep cycle just like he doesn't expect that of me. I really want to know how others have made it work. We were childhood sweethearts that reconnected after nearly 30 years. We were on opposite sides of the world when we first started dating again and that worked out beautifully for long Skype conversations but we hated being apart. We did that for nearly 2 years with several trips in between when we just couldn't stand the distance a day longer and made the decision to move in together. He packed his life into a suitcase and moved back to California. We have now lived together for over a year and we simply adore each other - I want to build a lifetime of happiness with my sweetie and would love your advice. Do you have separate rooms? Do you share the same bed? Are their kids in the picture? We have two that live full time with us. Has it affected your intimacy? How do you make your relationship thrive with such diverse schedules?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join