It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued .22 Ammo Inflation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ah yes.... the 550 rd pack of Federal .22 Ammo that we all love.

New Shipments have arrived at Wal-mart... there is now a buying limit of 6 ammo items per customer and the price has gone up again.

Currently $18.35 a box.... That's right, up from $15 a couple of months ago.. up from $13 in January 2009 and up from $10 and change in the middle of 2008.

FYI - Price has now almost doubled in 2 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It was bound to hit .22 prices at some point. Look at the price of 9mm and .380. I am just now starting to see 9mm supplies again on the shelves. 380 is still hit or miss.

I am hitting the gun show this weekend and I will keep my eyes open for any deals. I've got my eyes open for a slightly used Kahr p380 or Ruger LCP.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I totally agree with your finding but to augment my need of small game capability, I now hunt small game with .177 cal rifle. I use to shoot all squirrel with .22 but because of cost and other reasons, I have switched to .177 pellet with lead tip shooting greater than 1200fps. It can take squirrel easy and doesn't over kill whereby the bullet keeps going for some distance if you hit a fleshy part instead of a good head shot back-grounded by the tree or a limb.

Sometimes in my haste to get that fat little sucker I go for it and have found that those type of shots with a .22 can go much farther than a .177. In fact, once the .177 hits the squirrel its pretty much is done right there. I think its perfect for small game like squirrel and rabbit.

The cost of the ammo is cheap and you will find the various types of .177 to be variable in Fps from at least 1200 to 1650 Fps if you're into more accuracy and more distance. These type of.177 high end rifles like the 1650 Fps models do not require nitrogen gas and only have to be cocked to be ready to shoot.

Anyway, thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Many people out here saw tis coming so many of us started buying it months before the obama and his people screwed it all up...

we stopped buying when the ammo levels in our group totalled thousands of rounds of assorted calibers.... and we started reloading our own... all calibers except of course .22.

top topics

join