It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Concerning Crystals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This past week, my husband and I decided to jump in the car and "go somwhere"... well we ended up in Arkansas. After talking with some locals about things to do, we decided that mining for crystals sounded like fun. For 20 bucks a piece, we were able to enter the mine and dig all day long and keep any and everything that we found. We found some nice specimens I must say.

I really don't know much about crystals outside of the fact that they intrigue me. The way they are shaped naturally is amazing to me. I have been reading all day about crystals and was rather shocked to learn that outside of being used in computers, phones, paint, watches etc... it is claimed by some that they have "powers". Do any of you use crystals? What do you use them for and have you had results?

What would recommend that I do with my crystals? After giving them an acid bath to clean them, I have placed them in a couple of bowls to look at...they are mostly the clear variety but I also have some nice specimens of milky quartz too.

I mean hey, if they are useful then by all means, educate me!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Greenize]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

goto this site... you can ask them questions about different crystals www.healingcrystals.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is a big site, the owner of which is really into crystals

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Crystals can be fun. but never go into anything beleiving its for power. you will corrupt the power. Look into it and imagine the wonders sure. But don't become power hungry, if it was about power Obama would be doing it... Wait he is... Hmm well surely he was before he became lost.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
crystals have a certain frequency or something and can affect your energy by keeping them close to your body.

I use them all the time for healing, they can affect my mood greatly, they can also protect you from the negative energy you take up, or strenghten your aura, so you won't be as effect by all the damadging frquencys that are around us.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I used to harvest and collect different sizes of quartz crystal. I'd clean them up and make some pieces into jewelery after energizing them in the sun. Keeping them around the home and wearing them (combined with other crystals on jewelery pieces)almost felt as if they were purifying.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
everything vibrates.
crystals vibrate at a different frequency, and different frequencies among stones. different vibes, heh.
i decorate my house with them, whenever people come over they are amazed and spend a good amount of time looking at them and asking about them.
i use them to meditate with, tarot spreads.
some non-toxic stones like clear quartz can be good alternative for ice.

there are a lot of different ideas and uses of crystals, but basically its the vibrations. and even different stones of the same exact kind can carry different vibrations due to its experiences.

plus, they are pretty...and my boyfriend argues that when the money system falls apart we'll have stones to barter. *but what use are those in a crisis* LOL!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
milky quartz or Rose quartz.

I love cristols, so many types.
I belive in the magic of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Try this: Place your hand over but not touching a crystal and see if you feel a slight coolish something striking your palm. I bet that you will however I have no clue what causes this. .a reply to: Greenize

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Quartz, when under pressure or physically impacted, can produce electromagnetic energy. This is known as the piezo effect and is utilized by many electronic devices, especially musical instruments, to trigger a myriad of specialized circuitry. The effect can also be used to spark ignite combustible gasses, like in barbecue ovens and electronic lighters.

Quartz by itself, does not emit any electricity or give off frequencies, however, if externally stimulated by electromagnetic energy, it can resonate or "tune" certain frequencies by vibrating in syncopation with signals embedded in broadband transmissions, and this of course is why quartz crystals are used in radio communications. This is a modal effect caused by the physical characteristics of the crystal grains that allow it to resonate with selected external frequencies and output an electrical signal. This is also a piezo effect.

Quartz is unique in this way, but there is no hocus-pocus magic about it, just science. Some people claim it has healing properties but just how that may occur is not adequately explained by science.
edit on 16-8-2022 by charlyv because: sp

new topics

top topics

join