It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for videos and images that have been blantently manipulated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hi,

I am thinking of starting a website not only to learn how to manage a website but to learn all aspects of web-building. Anyways, I wish the content of my website to be unbiased towards a single entity and I also want to have enough proof of the content. As the title suggests, I wish to host a site that exposes entities of cropping and manipulating both videos and photos. The message I want to get across is that any image can be manipulated to make something look more attractive or grotesque, and also any video can be manipulated to make something more attractive or grotesque.

FOR my questions,

Are there any sites that do exactly as I describe?

I know that

mediamatters.org... is: "Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

But it is not my goal for any of these things. a) I probably do not have time to do any of these things b) I really do not have any other point to prove except for the point above c) I would prefer that they are user submitted. As stated , I do not have the time to do such monitoring because that would just be a full time job.

Another question: Can someone link examples of what I describe here? Like videos? I remember there being two videos that I have watched in the past that describe how media crops video to make the segment more interesting.

For instance, I distinctly remember that they interviewed a wrestler or a baseball player ( I can't remember which LOL ) and the media makes it look like he said that he did steroids, but when viewing the original clip he actually has awkward wording and the media is able to crop the clip to make him say that he did steroids.

I have been scouring the internet for such keywords like "manipulated news clips", "cropped news video", and the like but I can not find what I am looking for.

HERE is an example of what I am talking about- www.youtube.com...

Yet another question I have if you want to answer is how to people find out that the entity actually did manipulate the video? I mean it must be tough for interviews and such but it would be easier for things that get a lot of news coverage like the president talking.

Thanks for your help everyone.

(edit: please move if this is in the right section I am not sure if it is thanks)

[edit on 19-3-2010 by fordrew]

new topics

join