It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Must Disclose Bank Bailout Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve Board must disclose documents identifying financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest U.S. government bailout ever, a federal appeals court said.

www.bloomberg.com...

A victory for the citizens of the U.S. finally! It's our money the Fed has loaned and we have a right to know who received the 2 trillion dollars of our money! It's probably not the last fight the Fed will put up to hide where the money went but it's a good step for us!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
wow.

I wonder what the fallout will be?

This is a win for the middle class...a small one. I'm afraid of how deep the corruption really is.

I hope we can keep ourselves from falling. Our kids deserve a better future than what our generation is looking at.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very good news, and a big step forward for the American taxpayers.

But the FED can still appeal to the Supreme Court.

Not that it will probably do much good, but it will stall the production of the documents in question, and this could go on for a lot longer.

More worryingly, the Supreme Court are much more likely to be either bribed or blackmailed than the lower courts.
And Congress can create new laws (and make them retrospective) to protect the privacy of the FED.

So don't break out the champagne just yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I certainly agree with that! They do indeed! And this really IS something that must be covered by The Freedom Of Information Act. There has to be accountability for this huge some of our money that has been given away to struggling banks. We just awarded people for failing big time and they must change their ways! If not for us, indeed for those in our future. I think they are so hesitant because that bailout money was really just siphoned off into the pockets of the rich. Imagine how people are going to react when the money trail just dies once in the hands of the bankers?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well, it's good news, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Wish I didn't have to be such a pessimist, but I am a realist.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One flag one star I wish I could give a thousand.

My spidey sense tells me those books will be so cooked they won't yield an ounce of nutrition.

Now if we could just find out were that couple trillion the pentagon misplaced on Sept 10, 01 went

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The federal reserve has no authority to say "Oh man, you caught us red handed, we will decide whether or not to be punished."

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's no victory because it'll never happen. All they have to do is disclose lies and it will be good enough for the American people.

The Feds probably won't disclose anything, and if they do it won't be the truth. They don't answer to the government, and they are not intimidated.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
this is probably the event thats going to cause the 'civil unrest' that they have been preparing for. .

they knew eventually we would get them audited and wont be able to completely cover their ass so they just got ready for S to HTF.

maybe that was the plan all along. spend the money, get the poeple pissed enough to revolt, declare martial law to restore order, begin police state.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

We can only hope so! I know as was stated above they may still just lie through their teeth to us or just keep fighting this and simply refuse to tell us, but it is a step in the right direction I think! It at the least will help put the issue in the public's minds and show how very desperate they are to not tell us where the money went! Well I for one will not forget or forgive for their taking our hard earned money and giving it to a bunch of rich and powerful bankers who lost their shirts playing dangerous games with money! I mean like has been said a million times before but holds true, do you or I get to be bailed out if we invest poorly or happen to lose or life savings? I didn't think so. What happen to the best companies staying afloat. This is straight up just the largest case of robbery in history and people should be fed up and taking to the streets because the politicians are the ones that held drove the getaway car for these guys!

top topics

join