It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Snaps Skeleton Pic in Aruba: Natalee Holloway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Couple Snaps Skeleton Pic in Aruba: Natalee Holloway?

www.msnbc.msn.com

A Pennsylvania couple thinks they may have found Natalee Holloway's skeleton on a vacation to Aruba.

Patti and John Muldowney want investigators to take a good look at a picture they took while snorkeling.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Everyone knows the story about missing teenager Natalee Holloway by now, who vanished in Aruba. No body has ever been found, until possibly now.

Take a look at the pic in the story. I guess this is kind of like looking at Mars photos and seeing what you want to see. Does that look like a skeleton to you?

[Edited]

I didn't think this looked like much at first, but now as I look closer that "rock" DOES look like the a skull with the indentations and possible lower jawbone and teeth. Hard to tell with the build up of coral.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2010 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This van Der Sloot guy is crazy. Why does he keep changing his story about where she went?

I have trouble seeing it as a definitive skeleton, but I definitely see what parts could be the skeleton.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They have been talking about this a bit lately in the local news (I'm in Alabama, so naturally they are going to chime in). They were saying, however, that they don't think it's a skeleton, due to the lack of temporal lobes.. something to that effect. I thought these were INSIDE the skull though...? Either way, not saying it isn't a person, just relaying what I heard locally.

* Okay did some looking and I think they were talking about temporal bones (sides and back of the skull); that would make a lot more sense

Also, here is some stuff about the "confession" of Van Der Sloot back in February :

www.bhamweekly.com...

The part about him being under the influence of marijuana is BS. I happen to know that smoking a joint would not make someone confess to dumping a body in a swamp. Ugh, the guy sickens me on sooo many levels.

quote from my link:

"On February 8, 2008, Van der Sloot met with Aruban investigators in the Netherlands. Van der Sloot denied that what he said on the tape was true, stating that he was under the influence of marijuana at the time."

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hmmm, I honestly don't see a skeleton, but I'm no biologist so I have no clue what a body would like like after a long period on the ocean floor.

Indeed, as with the Mars skeleton pics, this could look entirely different from a slightly different angle...

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nancy Grace is discussing this now.

Seems there is a German ship wreck in that area from 1945. Any skeletons from that would be long gone.

If this is a skeleton, it may well be Natalee's body..

Someone will get it and do tests on it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's some alternative imagery to the original image posted by that couple from Pennsylvania:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/242d6a3a09b1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44b78fba7854.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54842f46912e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f2d7452f0d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Using different light filters, the imagery indeed does look like the skeletal remains of someone. Whether or not it's Natalee remains to be seen.

Aruban Authorities are dispatching divers to a location believed to be the one where these images were shot. stay tuned!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Pianist
Hmmm, I honestly don't see a skeleton, but I'm no biologist so I have no clue what a body would like like after a long period on the ocean floor.

Indeed, as with the Mars skeleton pics, this could look entirely different from a slightly different angle...

I agree. Had the person who brought the photo to the attention of the authorities taken more angle shots and brought back a sample... they would have been more credible. This is just another attempt to stir things up again and take her family and the public on another media roller coaster ride. Stop already!!!

[edit on 21/3/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Doesn't look much like a skeleton, to be honest.
But, even if there is a slim chance it is her remains, and it is very slim...

I'd prefer to see a number of more threads on martian rocks and have her remains recovered, personally.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It looks like a rock to me, shrug, BUT if you look on the right side of the pic you can see a striped tail of something! whoa, hehehe

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Optix

Yeah... looks like a skate or ray. You get 'em here at the beach in Florida to. When they're buried in the sand, the only way to spot them is with their eyes and nostrils poking out of the sand. Mostly harmless as long as you aren't a minnow.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think its a rock or a pile of rocks. I do wish it were her skeleton, maybe the parents would have some closure.
And Joran needs to fess up- if he did it- but i dont think we will ever get the truth out of that rich brat!

I dont think the authorities there have broken him down at all. He's going to get away with murder.

He may have killed his father too......i wouldnt be ^surprised^

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well, he has fessed up... To doing about five different things with her. He dumped her body at sea. He sold her into slavery. He dumped her body in a marsh. Kid's a loon.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately I dont think it is a skeleton either.

For one thing, it seems really unlikely that the bones would all be together after all this time. The jawbone would probably be loose from the skull by now. There are lots of scavengers that would remove any connecting tissues.

My guess is just the fact that the "skeleton" appears to be intact in that photo is an indication that it is just a rock formation. A real skeleton shouldnt be, unless it is another, fresher body. However, if the detail in the sea creatures tail is that clear, you should be able to see enough detail on a fresher body to know it was a body.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The reason more photos were not taken is because the people were trying to take a photo of the sea snake you see in the right hand of the photo. Only after getting the film developed and looking at their vacation photos did they see a resemblance to a "skeleton" in the photo. Even they are not sure if it is really a body, however they gave it to the authorities just in case.
www.aolnews.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
search is off, they can't find it...

I feel so terrible for her mother

www.cnn.com...

top topics

join