It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMAX presents Hubble 3D film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So, next month it's the 20th year anniversary of the Hubble Space Telescope
I can not find any better way to celebrate this, than go to the movies.

This Hubble 3D movie, is a "must see" and i believe i'm not the only one who really want to see this movie so badly

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e6f60e70c61.jpg[/atsimg]
Awesome beauty and indeed a reminder of how "small" we are...

March 19, 2010:

The cinematic space odysseys are part of the new Imax film "Hubble 3D," which opens today at select Imax theaters worldwide. The 43-minute movie chronicles the 20-year life of Hubble and includes highlights from the May 2009 servicing mission to the Earth-orbiting observatory, with footage taken by the astronauts. The giant-screen film showcases some of Hubble's breathtaking iconic pictures, such as the Eagle Nebula's "Pillars of Creation," as well as stunning views taken by the newly installed Wide Field Camera 3.

hubblesite.org...

The film is scheduled to play at the following IMAX® Theatres beginning March 19th.

Also check out this site. I just can't put into words, how amazing and outstanding it is. Only takes few clicks to get so close to the telescope. This is just wow!
www.imax.com/hubble/

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. Ill definately watch it. Would have been a bummer if they could fix hubble. They got all the way up there and realized they forgotten the size 4 spanner lol.

Looks like its well made should it should be a good watch.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Thanks for the heads up. Ill definately watch it. Would have been a bummer if they could fix hubble. They got all the way up there and realized they forgotten the size 4 spanner lol.

Looks like its well made should it should be a good watch.

Thank you ! Good to know more people enjoy space. Would you explain more about these spanners ? Also i would add, it's strange that the batteries were way over there normal lifetime, and still did funktion ?
Anyways, when the day comes, and the telescope has done it's duty, they better bring it back to earth, so it can spend it's last days in a museum

[edit on 19-3-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have seen the preview for this at the IMAX. It looks like the 3D effects will make Avatar look like child's play...if that's possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I have seen the preview for this at the IMAX. It looks like the 3D effects will make Avatar look like child's play...if that's possible.

Oh, that's something. Did not see "Avatar", even everyone says that movie is outstanding in many ways. Good comparison. I believe you

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Oh, that's something. Did not see "Avatar", even everyone says that movie is outstanding in many ways. Good comparison. I believe you

I saw the preview when I saw Avatar @ IMAX 3D. When Avatar started...It was outstanding...but I kept thinking that the 3D effects in the NASA preview were much better...so I had "side by side" comparison....I can't wait to see Hubble 3D!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow. Sure the sound got to be something too...It's hard to imagene life without the telescope...
Combine awesome Hubble pics with PF and you get this ultra definition of "space beauty"

Still, i really want to see that movie in the cinema

More specific. The Tycho Brahe Planetarium in Copenhagen.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow, another reaons why I love ATS. Zipping around the site and I see this thread. I work near a Science/Kids/Imax Education site. I just checked and sure enough-March 19th.

Thanks for the heads up and the included info. A must see I agree. I'll let you know.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Happy to see this here and I can't wait to see this I think it will be phenomenal. I have heard the 3d effects will be extraordinary and am very excited. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh man! I HAVE to watch it this summer.

Do you guys reckon they'll screen it across the world or just in America? Because we have ONE Imax here in Sweden (in Stockholm) called "Cosmonova" (which is also the biggest in Scandinavia), and it's part of the "Museum of Natural History" ("Naturhistoriska Riksmuseet" in Swedish), so they only show space/history/nature stuff.

I really hope I'll be able to go see it this summer. I'll be so disappointed if they won't screen it over here.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Besides US and Canada the international list :

Denmark
Copenhagen — Tycho Brahe Planetarium#*

France
Toulouse — IMAX Cite de L’Espace*

Germany
Sinsheim — IMAX 3D Theatre at Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim*

Japan
Osaka — Suntory Museum IMAX 3D Theatre *

United Kingdom
Glasgow — IMAX Theatre at Glasgow Science Center*
London — Science Museum IMAX Cinema

Note: Additional IMAX locations to be confirmed
*denotes later launch
#denotes 2D theatre

Additional theatres will be confirmed. Please check local listings or IMAX.com for final theatre listings, launch dates and showtimes.

Sweden...Could be possible. Or you have to go for a little trip. Denmark. Not that bad is it ?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All responds and interest are really appreciated. Thanks

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd98624a3822.jpg[/atsimg]

www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Dictionary/HST/DI196.htm

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Texas
Austin — The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum IMAX Theatre
Houston — Wortham IMAX Houston Museum of Natural Science

*riddle curses under her breath because she is more than two hours away from Austin*

Thanks for the heads up though! I think that there are three IMAX theatres in my general area, so all hope is not lost for at least a 2D version.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why o why?? =((

Why would they show it in Denmark and not in Sweden if we have a bigger IMAX? We have the biggest in Scandinavia for christ sake!

Screw Denmark!=(

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Starta making phone calls to and request they get it.

Can't hurt to try.

If you have to, try to start a large request drive. You never know, maybe they just need to be made aware of it being out there.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

Why o why?? =((

Why would they show it in Denmark and not in Sweden if we have a bigger IMAX? We have the biggest in Scandinavia for christ sake!

Screw Denmark!=(

So they say
Please pay attention to this :

Additional theatres will be confirmed. Please check local listings or IMAX.com for final theatre listings, launch dates and showtimes.

I agree with the post saying "spread the word"

[edit on 21-3-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My freaking imax isnt showing it -_-" epic fail.
I totally emailed them and i totally got an achual written response
but im still not going to be able to see it -_-" fml

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh wow! I am so going to see this. It's playing at the Kennedy Space Center IMAX theater so it looks like I will be seeing this and the KSC that day. It's been a while since I have been there so might as well do it all at once. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon

Originally posted by ZikhaN

Why o why?? =((

Screw Denmark!=(

So they say
Please pay attention to this :

I agree with the post saying "spread the word"

[edit on 21-3-2010 by flymetothemoon]

I guess I could do that=)

At the moment this is all they're showing www.nrm.se...

By the way, this is the IMAX in Sweden:

Is it big compared to what you guys have in America? Or do you guys have way bigger ones?

Also, where on the IMAX website can I find out more info on Hubble 3D and international screenings?

[edit on 21-3-2010 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Amazing and outstanding view ! Thanks for the effort.
Also, i did check the link...Nothing about this. Strange. What planet are they from

This, the IMAX Hubble site, have the feature "search theater"...US and Canada, only. But there are other features as well...
www.imax.com/hubble/
Also, do not depend to much on YouTube either. "They" are keeping an eye on everything

Anyways, enjoy "this week in space"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join