It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 Of Physicians To QUIT WORKING!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Did you look at those cancer care prices for dogs?!

I PAY THAT MUCH IN MEDICARE TAX EVERY YEAR!

WTF!

This shows you how grossly distorted prices are in medical care BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would love to see the greedy leave the workplace and open it up for the hard working people like myself. I too have seen conservative types shut down their bussinesses out of anger at losing some profit to a new system. Let them leave, we don't need them. Liberals will take up the niche in the marketplace and the world will be a better place.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

That's why East Germany had such a nice pretty wall around it.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Welcome to a new era, folks.

If they pass this particular health care bill and doctors quit you will likely see the dawn of a new age:

Tele-Medicine!

That's right. No longer will you have the privilege of seeing a doctor in person unless you are part of a "cadillac" health plan which the government doesn't offer. You will dicuss your symptoms with a doctor in India, China or the Phillipines who will listen to you describe your symptoms, receive data via email that was taken by a nurse or PA and will examine you across the world with a camera.

You think I'm joking? Think again.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are also assuming that the ones who didn't respond to the survey didn't do so because they didn't care.

That's an assumption YOU are making because it fits into YOUR cause, which is to discourage negative talk about the healthcare bill and sheep everyone possible into liking the damned thing.

They may not have responded to the survey for a number of reasons like not having enough time to take the survey because they are too busy seeing patients.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know a group of physicians over 5000 strong that I often get the feed back from. I never heard of them quitting. Physicians here are paid much more than in France, Germany and England and yet they are happy there. It is obsured to think that Physicians are going to quit. Yet if you are used to high salary, any thing less is going to bother you. But if you have the threat of losing the job and you cannot earn the salary (that you being offered) on your own, trust me, you will keep on working. If other countries can do it on single payer option, it is strange for Health Cartel to tell us that government option is going to ruin the health Care in this country. They sound as if they are our best friend and they really do care about us. In reality, they are the crooks, being non profit they do every thing for profits. Not only that but they are enjoying robbing Americans. I personally worked for 40 years in this country and sweat my blood for big corporations, and at the end they gave me nothing but a big shaft. It is my stupid family that doesn't want to leave the Country nor they allow me to leave. Other wise I would have told them to shove it in your your ass. I would have just picked up my belongings and left. And still would have come out ahead. Please don't be stupid. The whole system is in the grips of Mafia. There are a lot of things going on that are not good for Americans and Americans will never understand it. What Obama is doing is not a panacea, but establishing the system, it can be tweaked in the future. Without it I don't see how Americans will survive. I beg you to watch "Sicko" a documentary produced by Michael Moore. I testify that every word of it is true.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by charlie0]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

ORLY?

That's not what the NEJM has to say about it:
content.nejm.org...

The highlights:

The net beneficiaries of this cycling are the United States and Australia, with net gains of 12,902 and 2539 physicians, respectively, whereas the net donors are the United Kingdom and Canada, with net losses of 9837 and 5604 physicians, respectively. Canada actually enjoys a net positive position with regard to the United Kingdom and Australia but has lost 8990 physicians to the United States while gaining 519.

Doctors come to the US because the US pays the most with the least overhead compared to other statist tyrants. After Obamacare passes, we WILL see a net decline in doctors. No one wants to work under statist tyranny. Certainly new doctors will be discouraged from pursuing the profession.

Results International medical graduates constitute between 23 and 28 percent of physicians in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, and lower-income countries supply between 40 and 75 percent of these international medical graduates. India, the Philippines, and Pakistan are the leading sources of international medical graduates. The United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia draw a substantial number of physicians from South Africa, and the United States draws very heavily from the Philippines. Nine of the 20 countries with the highest emigration factors are in sub-Saharan Africa or the Caribbean.

Conclusions Reliance on international medical graduates in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia is reducing the supply of physicians in many lower-income countries…

The reliance of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia on physicians from other nations does not preclude them from drawing on each other. Physicians from the United Kingdom constitute the largest group of international medical graduates in Canada and Australia, and physicians from Canada are the fifth largest group of international medical graduates in the United States. The patterns of emigration and immigration of physicians among these countries constitute a form of workforce “cycling,” which is summarized in Figure 1. The net beneficiaries of this cycling are the United States and Australia, with net gains of 12,902 and 2539 physicians, respectively, whereas the net donors are the United Kingdom and Canada, with net losses of 9837 and 5604 physicians, respectively. Canada actually enjoys a net positive position with regard to the United Kingdom and Australia but has lost 8990 physicians to the United States while gaining 519.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
lmao...

no doctors will be going anywhere....

there may be a few, but not 30%...

what do you think that they will do, switch to flipping burgers??? they will still make far more being a doctor than doing anything else.

wait, maybe they can make more, maybe they can become rappers and nba stars.. they would make more then...

imagine it...
MC Doggie Hosser MD
Doctor Jay
Funk Doctor Flex...

lmao, you guys crack me up.. nobody is going anywhere,,,

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Well that's not what the survey says.

So I'll take the survey's word over "baphomet420's" word.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You are also assuming that the ones who didn't respond to the survey didn't do so because they didn't care.

That's an assumption YOU are making because it fits into YOUR cause, which is to discourage negative talk about the healthcare bill and sheep everyone possible into liking the damned thing.

Yes...it is an assumption...that is why I said "What me to run the numbers for you if we assume that the ones that didn't respond just really don't care one way or the other???"

I'm not trying to be slick...I fully admitted it was an assumption to show that it was a possibility that these numbers could be way off.

I never said this is exactly why they didn't respond.

I don't have problems with assumptions if they are clearly stated as assumptions and not facts.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by baphomet420

Well that's not what the survey says.

So I'll take the survey's word over "baphomet420's" word.

thats your mistake as I am all knowing

have you ever heard the phrase that "things are easier said than done"?

that is my point.
of coarse, some doctors are disgruntled due to political affiliations, and due to the fact that they may not make as much. they will say that they will quit. they will not though unless they find something better, which they will not be able to...
hence they will still be doctors, they will not be going anywhere...

why would anybody throw away their career that they have spent decades training for because they don't like the way things are being done?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think the problem will be with Private Practices not being able to afford or not willing to take a rate cut and provide care for patients with Governmental Health Care. Just like now, some private practices refuse to see Medicare/Medicaid patients because their only paid a portion of their service fees. Large consortiums/ HMO facilities/ VA will be the largest employers of physicians that can't or won't accept the GHC. So yeah I can see a mass exodus in the Private sector if this passes.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well it's America....they're not forced to work.

But if they quit their jobs, they better not come complaining to me about being unemployed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join