It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mission Posters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I happened upon this today and found it to be cool, so I wanted to share. I figured that some people might want to comb them over for hidden messages/symbols. Anyhow, here is the link:

sfa.nasa.gov...

And here are some very low resolution example of what they have to offer (thank you Kandinsky for the suggestion):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfed79a436a1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/803aa099d305.jpg[/atsimg]

What is the red "planet" in this one? Mars?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aa91cd4ab2d.jpg[/atsimg]

Columbia STS-107 (R.I.P.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e4a9683d917.jpg[/atsimg]

Enjoy!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good to see NASA has a sense of humor.

Thanks for posting these, I like the Resevoir Dogs one and the Star Trek one the most.

Looks like their graphic designers are extremely talented. I wonder what other images they GRAPHICALLY ALTER...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see the Bright Star symbol a few times. Traditionally (as far as I have learned) the bright star means an intelligence/black ops mission.

These are indeed quite clever.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Cool link. Some great posters that make being a NASA scientist look a lot of fun. The Matrix spoof is sure to make a few CTers twitchy.

If the best images had been embedded in the OP you'd be on a major flag haul. The Matrix image is 54mb! SnF for raising a smile over here

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Cool link. Some great posters that make being a NASA scientist look a lot of fun. The Matrix spoof is sure to make a few CTers twitchy.

If the best images had been embedded in the OP you'd be on a major flag haul. The Matrix image is 54mb! SnF for raising a smile over here

I was planning on getting to that...had to get out and take care of some honey-dos. LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I wonder what other images they GRAPHICALLY ALTER...

LOL...I bet quite a few others. I bet the graphic designer job at NASA is just about the coolest job ever.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I was planning on getting to that...had to get out and take care of some honey-dos. LOL

Nice work on adding the images...much better and some effort too. The Matrix one reminds me of the Blue Oyster Bar scene in Police Academy.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The Matrix one reminds me of the Blue Oyster Bar scene in Police Academy.

OMG...Never did I think the day would come that someone would reference the Blue Oyster Bar....LMAO...that's great....and YES it does remind me of that

EDIT: thank you for kudos on the effort....It certainly was...those files were huge!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
To think that NASA spends billions of dollars a year on its work, you'd think they could come up with something a lot less cheesy than these posters.
As already suggested, I saw these posters and immediately felt embarrased looking at them. It's like a bad prank, that doesn't look too clever at all.
Worse still, is that for all the time that has been spent creating these, it is time wasted that could have been better spent securing funding to get those vital missions accomplished, that we have now been told won't happen due to "budget cuts".
The simple answer here is cut the budget to the department coming up with these posters, and get them to put some serious effort into getting real work accomplished.
I don't think for one minute that we should expect NASA staff not to have a sense of humour about their sometimes dangerous work, but it does seem that too much time is wasted on messing about and having a laugh, that we are still stuck (officially at least) in near earth orbit and not really exploring the stars.
Which makes me think that perhaps these posters are something of an in-joke. Perhaps we are really exploring the stars, and this is some pranksters way of saying that what we see up front isn't always what is going on behind the scenes...

This is my comment, as previously posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Most likely, these posters are suppose to inspire young children to learn about space...and kids probably won't find them "cheesy".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join