It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and NCAA picks..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is probably the best analogy regarding Barack Obama ever....

Some people will argue that he is the President, but also a Man and athlete... Well to be honest, I think he is setting a bad example.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's comforting to see him making his NCAA picks when the entire balance of the future of our economy and children rests in his hands.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I cant watch the video, but Im assuming its a rant about the fact that obama takes the time to make his bracket picks?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Seriously this is even a thread? Every president in my lifetime has had sports teams over to the white house after winning their respected
championships in whichever sport they partake in.

Hell, our last president even was at one time a part owner of the Texas Rangers.

People, can we please stop whining about dumb things. Jesus Christ, it's whining about things like this that makes me wonder if depopulation would be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan, by any means, but I don't think he should be demonized for making his NCAA picks. Allow the man some leisure, just like anyone else deserves.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's a sad thing that the best they can come up with is Obama makes his bracket picks. It's really sad since I'm sure they were quiet as Bush raped and bancurpted the entire country and then bailed out all his wall street cronies. Sad

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I get the guys point. if barry takes a poo, the media would cover how many sheets of tp he used. in the midst of all of this trouble america is in, barry goes on vacation. I agree he should get some leisure time, but do you and I get that much leisure time? like the guy says if your family is about to crash, maybe you should put some more effort into fixing it. whats more important, jobs and the economy, or drinking beer at the whitehouse with two guys that had a misunderstanding? picking ncaa teams?

Priorities people. obviously the recession does not affect politicians, otherwise there would already be a fix.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

(deep sigh) ... The price a black man pays by being elected president of a racist Country.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

this is not a left right argument. the video said nothing about bush, nor talked about right or left. many of us on here were just as disgusted with bush as we are with obama.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
It's comforting to see him making his NCAA picks when the entire balance of the future of our economy and children rests in his hands.

That's right...he should spend 24/7 doing nothing but work. No leisure time, no joy in life, neglect his family...his friends...how dare he have any "me time".

Now back to reality...he is nothing more than an ordinary man with an extraordinary occupation.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You guys are missing the point...

Why was this televised? He wasn't in his bedroom doing this, it was like a publicity stunt to show how cool and real he is for the younger generation.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

And yet no one seemed to care back in the 2008 United States presidential race when all the candidates standing did the exact same thing?
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There are a whole bunch of d-bag replies in this thread. It's sickening.

Yes, Barry is an ordinary man (very, very ordinary apparently) with an extraordinary job. When he took that extraordinary position, he became the leader of the "free world". He took on great responsibility. Paramount to that responsibility was restoring this country to a level of goodness. Not greatness, that would be too much to ask of one man. All we're looking for is to have a little faith in our government, and to not have the rest of the world pointing and laughing at us, saying, "What idiots those Americans are". Assuming this position, taking on this task assumes that you will have little "me" time. When big things are going on, like, oh, you know, trying to ram a complete healthcare overhaul down our throats on Sunday, you wouldn't expect to see your President on TV filling out his college hoops bracket. It seems kinda trivial, and should make any average, half-way intelligent American look at the TV and scream, "WTF!?!?!?".

Apparently, we don't have many of those left.

Nancy and Rahm (nervously): Barry, what are we gonna do about this healthcare bill? We don't have all the votes we need!

Barry: Yeah, uh, hold on guys. I'm, uh, filling out my bracket here.

No. Absolutely not.

It has nothing to do with having a championship team to the White House, because that's not what's happening. If it were the case, I'd hope it would be postponed.

To the guy that brought race into the equation...seriously? You are part of what's wrong with the world.

And let's not forget this...

The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 non-taxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment.

Yes...poor Barry. He's gonna make 1.6M for his four years in office, regardless of what he accomplishes (or doesn't accomplish), gets all those benefits, and all of the benfits of being President that we don't hear about...but he just doesn't get enough personal time anymore.

This post is dripping with sympathy.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by DOcean]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

So, then we should have told Bush to never visit his ranch?
We should have told Clinton to, uh....well ya know?

We should have told Madison not to slip away after the war of 1812

John Adams spent 7 months on his farm

In fact, you know what, read here

Ronald Reagan loved his ranch in Santa Barbara, California. According to the Associated Press, "Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his eight-year presidency."

So, Regan can spend 1/8th of his term away from the white house.

But Obama spends less than 24 hours making bracket picks, and he's a stupid dumb negro from Kenya worshiping Allah while smoking a cigarette and carrying a fake birth certificate?

Laughable. Your argument is nothing more than 100% ignorant and laughable.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ironically...this is the exact voice I hear while I read most of the anti-Obama rants on here.

The only difference is that I usually also hear evil/crazy giggles inbetween their sentences...unlike this guy who I don't think took one breath during this whole video.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And yet no one seemed to care back in the 2008 United States presidential race when all the candidates standing did the exact same thing?
www.bloomberg.com...

well the fun and games are over my friend....

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

www.bloomberg.com...

well the fun and games are over my friend....

You're right mate, it's gotten a lot uglier thanks to partisans like yourself. The vast majority of the anti-Obama crowd will never ever be pleased with the man no matter what he does, and you will continue to pick apart every little motion. This is not political debate, this is shameless political posturing.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks like B.O. had a great first round on his picks:

The First Fan picked 25 winners out of the 32 games in the first round, and all of his Final Four picks — Kansas (his choice to win it all), Kansas State, Villanova and Kentucky are safely into the second round.

thequad.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by DOcean

So, then we should have told Bush to never visit his ranch?
We should have told Clinton to, uh....well ya know?

We should have told Madison not to slip away after the war of 1812

John Adams spent 7 months on his farm

In fact, you know what, read here

Ronald Reagan loved his ranch in Santa Barbara, California. According to the Associated Press, "Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his eight-year presidency."

So, Regan can spend 1/8th of his term away from the white house.

But Obama spends less than 24 hours making bracket picks, and he's a stupid dumb negro from Kenya worshiping Allah while smoking a cigarette and carrying a fake birth certificate?

Laughable. Your argument is nothing more than 100% ignorant and laughable.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Snarf]

I think your signature is appropriate as none of your examples pertain to the "now". We are not talking about Clinton, Bush, Regan, etc. If they were president now, and did the same thing, I would have the same issue.

And you're the one who called him a "stupid dumb negro from Kenya...", which is redundant, by the way.

You must be a black Democrat who supports your black democratic president blindly. Throw "ignorant" in there too for good measure.

It's really a shame that it has to become racial, but it seems that black people, or "African Americans" are the ones making it that way. I don't care what color the man's skin is, I think he's doing a terrible job.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

We are not talking about Clinton, Bush, Regan, etc. If they were president now, and did the same thing, I would have the same issue.

...well i never said they were president now.

But they were president. All of them were. Every single person in that article was a POTUS. They all did exactly what Obama is doing.

So they're either ALL wrong - every single one of them - or it's a non-issue.

Presidents need breaks too. You don't want them wearing out and falling asleep on the button, do you?

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Snarf]

top topics

join