It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's real and it's also happening to us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Those ants sure don't realise it, but their being mind controlled and it still feels like there in control, in fact however they are being manipulated by something else and for its benefit only.
Only the ants outside of the enslavement can notice the change in their behaviour and only them realise their doom.

People... we are... those doomed ants.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
All of human activities and outcomes involve some relative combination and interaction of nature and nurture, or genetics and environment, if one prefers. Clearly we do not have any control regarding our genetic make-up. Interestingly, we, by definition, are acted on by environmental variables, which are likewise completely outside of the actor. Therefore, I see no room for any true freedom of choice. I mean, sure it feels like we are making choices, but if one is able to step back and actually think about it, the illusory nature of free will becomes evident.

Our lives are like the most complex set-up of dominoes imaginable. Our brains and computers are not nearly powerful enough to be able to calculate and compute the track of the cascading dominoes as they fall down and knock into each other, thus the illusion of free will. Nevertheless, if one had the computational force, I hold that the entirety of one's life, from the most simple to the most meaningful of decisions, could be perfectly predetermined ahead of time.

It is only the illusion of having control of one's own life, ironically due to the insufficiency of one's mental capacity, that such a profound misinterpretation of one's own existence is possible. Furthermore, the human psyche craves a sense of control, thus tremendous individual psychic energy, as well as sociocultural institutions are expended and enacted to help defend oneself from the threatening reality that the notion of being able to have any influence over one's own life is nothing but a fantasy.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Very in depth post... Not bad seeing the first post to be constructed like that
. Thanks for replying.

I also think that its an illusion that we think were in control.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I may have posted this thread at the wrong time and i would of thought this video to be astonishing to people, how a creature could control another creature for its own will.

Just incase it came unoticed.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
For the most part, I agree. However, I also believe that there are a very small number of people who have the strength of will to break free of their circumstances and achieve something that inspires others to create small deviations from their paths. (Martin Luther King, jr, Lance Armstrong, Jimi Hendrix).

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Your right there are few people who can break free just like most of the people here on ATS because they went out searching for a site like this to make threads about the goverment and what have you. So i agree with what your saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Can't help but feel bad for the ants. That being said I do not agree that free will is an illusion for us. We may be presented with many similar choices and have similar behaviors to others of our species but there are many novel and unique solutions to these that people come up with. Again maybe our knowledge and decisions are based on what we learn from our environment or our genes mostly but indeed if their was no free will then there would be no new ideas and/or solutions ever. This just isn't the case for human beings so how can you not believe in free will? We do not repeat the same paths as much as people like to say that we do...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't know about free will, but these parasites seem to have a free reign.

reply to post by jonnyc55

Interesting subject. Looks like these parasites rule the world. The scariest thing is that most of these parasites have the ability to completely bypass our immune system's defenses like they weren't even there.

discovermagazine.com...

The notion that tiny creatures we've largely taken for granted are such a dominant force is immensely disturbing. Even after Copernicus took Earth out of the center of the universe and Darwin took humans out of the center of the living world, we still go through life pretending that we are exalted above other animals. Yet we know that we, too, are collections of cells that work together, kept harmonized by chemical signals. If an organism can control those signals— an organism like a parasite— then it can control us. And therein lies the peculiar and precise horror of parasites.

Interesting video - Monsters Inside Me: Snail Fever Lab

Monsters Inside Me: Pork Tapeworm

[edit on 20-3-2010 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmm, you know this has me thinking about the larger similarities between humans and ants. Now I have heard ants social groups referred to as a "super-organism" because an entire colony will act as together as one, like cells in a body.

I wonder if we could apply the same label to humans, our cities or perhaps our countries could be easily compared to the ant colonies. As such we could treat entire nations potentially as though they were sentient beings in their own right, interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Go to the ant and learn her ways! (it's scriptural!)
What exactly are we supposed to learn from the ant?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

You could say ants are like humans and put it this way if they had big brains like us the ants would be identical to our society, for example their like us because they have to lick the queen's ass just like we do to the goverment, in the end the person in charge gets the better life, queen/goverment.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by jonnyc55]

new topics

top topics

join