It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could healthcare reform charges be used for new wars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If they collect new money and it is merged with the general fund, who is to say what the money will be spent on?

Every time I see an aircraft carrier on TV I wonder how much of my family's money paid into social security and medicare was used to build it.

Have you seen the amount of unfunded liabilities the govt. has been estimated to have? Some say 107 trillion. What about all the money they collected over the years, where did it go? It is certainly not in my pocket.

You know that there are more problems in the middle east and the govt. needs money to pay for military operations. The "front loading" in health care could be used to fund additional operations. Down the road premiums, deductables and copays could rise dramatically to pay for shortfalls.

What I'm getting at here is that just because you pay more for healthcare, there is no guarantee that the money would be used for that purpose.

If there is such a guarantee, please explain it to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi there, this is the INTRODUCTIONS forum, and as such it´s only subjected to introductions by new members.

I´ll let a mod move this or close this thread.

Have a nice day.

new topics

join