It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAW & DISORDER: Baby-sitter arrested after video shown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

LAW & DISORDER: Baby-sitter arrested after video shown

jacksonville.com

A Jacksonville baby-sitter has been arrested after the parents of a child called police with a video of a woman slapping the child and striking him in the head with a ball so hard it knocked him on his back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Campbell had been baby-sitting for the family for more than two years. And the family installed security camera after they found their baby with a black eye.

I came across the video through a anonymous source . Here is the raw video of the security camera. I couldn't stomach the video, so see it at your own risk.
www.news4jax.com...

Please please if you leave your child/ kids in anyone's care or even hire nannies or babysitters through reputable agencies take special precaution while screening them personally.

I am not sure if this is correct place to post this, so if it's wrong section kindly move this thread appropriately mods. Thanx.

Edited for typo

jacksonville.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't even want to watch that video! But I'll tell you this much: I worked as an au pair at age 17 and I have seen how au pairs treated some of the children they took care of. When I came back home I decided I would NEVER let a stranger take care of my children.
Ofcourse there are a lot of good au pairs, I became one because I enjoyed spending time with and taking care of kids, but I've seen some unpleasant things. Not so much abuse but definitely emotional neglect.
I hated that.
Now, as a mother of two, I couldn't agree with you more. Please make sure you can REALLY trust the person babysitting your children.
I don't understand how people can treat kids like that, it makes me sick to the stomach.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Gwynniver]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don't like kids, In fact I can't even stand them... But if someone did this to my nonexistent child I would end up in prison pretty quickly. I guess I put babies in the same category as animals; defenseless. It takes a pretty weak person to abuse a child or hunt animals for fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That was disgusting. I hope she gets locked away forever. If that were my babysitter her and I both would be going to jail. You just never really know somebody and that is why I only let my children's grandparents and my best friend watch them. These days it's better to NOT take a chance.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I watched the video.

The lady wouldn't be in jail if it was my child. I would have her in my basement tied to a chair and I would make her short life a miserable agonizing one.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Berserker01]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't like kids, In fact I can't even stand them... But if someone did this to my nonexistent child I would end up in prison pretty quickly. I guess I put babies in the same category as animals; defenseless. It takes a pretty weak person to abuse a child or hunt animals for fun.

Equating children to animals. Openly stating you can't stand children. Definately NOT hiring YOU to do something responsible. Am I supposed to rationalize your quote because you are fourteen? Please go back to playing your self centered video games and when done, please leave the country.

------------ from Maxmars -----------
I apologize for accidentally editing your post instead of 'responding to it' - my only intent was to kindly remind you to addres the OP and subject, not the poster ... your judgement may be too harsh considering the context.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I applaud the parents restraint, but I dont think I would have gone to the police first. I would gladly take a battery charge by going straight to the sitters house and re-enacting the tape on her.

What is wrong with people? Why even get into the business of sitting with anger issues like that? Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I watched the video and all I can say is wow... thinking of that poor baby playing with the ball then getting beat by a good for nothing nanny... I mean she went into the other room just to get stuff to throw at him. I hope she gets a stiff sentence and someone smacks her around while she's there.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I can't believe that they put the ball episode in the story and not the part where she HIT THE BABY 11 TIMES IN A ROW AND THEN KICKED HIM WITH HER FOOT! Or the part where she FLUNG HIM BY ONE ARM INTO HIS PLAYPEN!

These parents are really very fortunate that their BABY was not hurt more. IMO the parents were taking a risk in letting her watch their BABY at all considering he had already had a black eye!

No telling what happened to him when they were off-camera for those several minutes.

[edit on 19/3/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This video literally made me weep. I am so thankful that I am able to be my children's primary caregiver. Even at my most frustrated moments, I cannot imagine doing this to my babies. She is acting out what seems to be pure rage; and getting paid for it all the while. Why even get into childcare if one lacks patience? So saddening.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

i too have been an aupair for 2 years, and frankly i don't understand the parents that take au-pairs and nannies, especially young ones, i've seen how they behave with kids, oh geeeeee, poor kids....

i had taken care of 3 kids, aged 1, 2, 3, ( 2 of them wheren't even born in the first year) not an easy job, but i loved them to death, tho they weren't my kids, i would never hurt them, neither phisically nor emotionally.... they are children, pure, and how you raise them is important, show them love and understanding. up to that moment i didn't even know i like kids, never wanted kids.... children are humans in miniature, you have to give them more respect than to a grown up, because they can't defend themselves..... it's moraly wrong to hit a child, he can't hit back.....they are pure., but then depends how you raise them. never fight or yell in front of a child, never hit them, never punish them....

tell you what... my *host* parents didn't spend that much time with them as i did, the dad didn't care, he stayed at home, however he would lock himself in a room untill the mother came home, and didn't even play with them... the mother worked long hours, (6am- 7-8 pm) she made lots of money tho, however the kids need parental love, that is the most important thing

when i have my kids i would raise them myself, in nature, i wouldn't send them to a kindergarten, and i'm really considering homeschooling

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
With all due respect to the OP and the members contributing here, I intend to move this thread to the "Current Events" forum which, after consulting with other staff members, seems a more appropriate location for this material.

Thank you.

Max

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
the video is sick, what is she watching? jerry springer? poor baby, 11 month old.... how can you do that to an 11 month old???? WTF? is wrong with people?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berserker01
I watched the video.

The lady wouldn't be in jail if it was my child. I would have her in my basement tied to a chair and I would make her short life a miserable agonizing one.

I watched the video also and it sickened me. I also need some fertilizer for my garden. Where is this babysitter living?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

I completely agree with you. Children are pure and defenseless, and they should be protected. I loved the kids I took care for very much as well. The sad thing about that family was that the parents were always gone working. And when one of them was at home, they would be relaxing or taking a nap and I would have to keep the children quiet or entertain them, because mum or dad didn't want to be 'disturbed'. I felt sorry for those poor kids and tried to make up for them, by giving them plenty of attention.
I don't want to watch this horrible video because I don't want to see an innocent child suffer by the hands of a sadistic sick mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Well, atleast you're very honest. And I have to agree with you on the part that kids and animals are defenseless. All the more reason to protect them. People who abuse children (and animals) should be severely punished.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh, this is so disgusting! The babysitter deserves to be in jail, (and probably much more) and I have to say she is very lucky the police took action before a family member did (hypothetically speaking)... Thank god for the video installation, who knows how long abuse could have continued?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is horrible, and speaks to ultimately, our priorities.

If I read the articles correctly, the dad installed the cameras a couple months ago, on "suspicions"?

And the video with the abuse is from two days ago.

So ignoring his gut, he gave this lady two more months of chances to trigger his gut again, and of course, two days ago, this father had his gut feeling from couple months ago horribly confirmed.

So what does this say about priorities, you ask?

It looks like a nice house. Nice big Tv. Spacey living room, nanny cam, nanny, and a nice yard, from the couple of shots of the outdoors that popped up in the ten minutes I watched.

Big dog running around the well kept green yard.

The article mentions a couple of older siblings.

Maybe if Americans were not so busy making sure they had spacious living rooms, dogs, multiple children, big tvs, and manicured lawns, several vehicles, maybe things like this would be bad memories.

Is it worth it to have that nice house, two cars, pets, spacious house and yard?

When will our kids take priority?

I dont see this as parents need to vet their sitters better.

I see this as parents should reconsider having so many children, or children at all, if you have to let strangers raise them in order to afford them.

I have worked in daycares. I have quit daycares I didnt feel had high enough standards. I would love to see daycares more regulated, starting with mandatory nanny cams in each room.

But what a shame we have to record the people we hire to raise our most precious priceless gifts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join