It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should teachers be able to yell at you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One day I went home for lunch and when I was coming back I busted. This teacher started to yell as loud as she could in me face. I told her in a calm voice if she didn�t stop yelling at me I was going walk away. She continued yelling so I walked away. The next day I got called in to the office and got suspended. so should teachers be able to yell at you in your face.

i wanted to do this to the *beeeeeeep*
:shk:
but hey only if

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
they have a right to yell at you but not like a drill instructur.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why not ?

If the teachers were allowed to discipline kids as 'in loco parentis' we wouldn't have so many little arseholes wandering around thinking they could do anything they wanted. Thats not saying that you deserved it, what I'm saying that if kids play the arsehole they should take the consequences.

I lost count of the number of bollockings I got - most of which I deserved - but I didn't end up like some mindless neanderthal who though that the world revolved around me.

I blame the PC brigade personally. Don't they know that there is a difference between abuse and discipline ?

Obviously not.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I guess it really depends on the intent.

If the teacher is out to degrade you and be unduely nasty, then I would say no.

But if the teacher is pushing the gravity of the situation (should you be doing something to endanger another student for instance) then it would be fine.

My question is, is why would a teacher be mad enough to yell at a student, especially for something like going home for lunch.

I would have my parents Get involved and stomp some heads. They are a great tool to use against the school system if they are willing.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Were you suspended for leaving campus or for walking away from the teacher?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yelling at you and screaming in your ear are two different things. I see nothing wrong with yelling. The other though I had to deal with this year. Teacher was standing right over my daughter screaming at her. I did as Jethro suggested and this teacher, who is used to pushing parents around, hasn't been the same since.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They yelled all they wished during my school daze. I however yelled the loudest. If they won't respect me then they can expect a daily outrage of energy from me. Well not anymore as I no longer have to put up with the BS public education system.

Alot of teachers were just as petty and immature as kids, I've had them try to scheme to get me in trouble, but I was untouchable, as in my parents didnt give a # what some slime sucking teacher says.

top topics

join