It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, "The Fourth Kind", explain the "hoax"? (The owls are not what they seem)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No, I don't take people's words for things, I do my own research.

I'm sure I saw the trailer for the movie weeks before you even heard of it. I was in the movie theater, when the preview came on. At the time I said to myself, 'This movie looks freakin' awesome, gotta google it when I get home'.

So I get around to looking it up, thinking that it's a real movie & that it's going to scare the **** out of me when I watch it. After 15 minutes of searching, I was let down & had to admit that the whole thing was a farce.

When that happened, I didn't even want to see the movie anymore. If you're going to lie to me, at least lie subtly, not in my face. I can appreciate the sublty.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

When that happened, I didn't even want to see the movie anymore. If you're going to lie to me, at least lie subtly, not in my face. I can appreciate the sublty.

I completely agree with you on that. Which is why hollywood can kiss my ass.
This type of lying NEEDS to stop, WTF. It not only fools people on pourpose for $, but it also really makes the UFO community look terrible. There ARE real accounts of things like this story happening, but if people keep faking it for profit then I guess we'll never get to the bottom of it.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have this really crazy theory and you're all probably gonna think I'm a bit loony but - here goes!

I think it was a hoax and yet it wasn't. Let me try to explain better.
I mean, of course alien abduction is true. Too many people have had the exact same experience (foggy memory, bruises, being in a white room etc)

But, what it it was an abduction but not exactly an alien abduction as we know it?

What if it was something pretending to be the real ones who abduct people (whether it be aliens or the government or both)

I'll give you an example to simplify what I'm trying to convey (It's hard for me to explain things todayO_O)

Example:
OK you have this professional assassin who is the best there is. He's a member of mossad and he never leaves any traces or even any hints that he was there.

Then you have this psycho killer who murders his neighbor with a knife, leave muddy footprints on the stairs, the knife in the sink, blood on the door knob and tire tracks in the field.

-

So, you see? It can't be the real deal because it's so sloppy. The Dr. remembers and she even caught it on tape so it's almost too good to be true. But on the other hand it could be true but it wasn't done by who we think did it. Maybe a copy cat?

Who knows ~

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper

(lets remember that the movie states clearly that all names are ALIASES to protect the *real* people involved.)

I don't remember this being stated anywhere by the creator or in the film, but now this just makes the hoax more hilarious to me. They say they changed the names then they make a fake website to support her past in Nome a month before the trailer is released? Whoever was in charge of the viral marketing is sloppy.

I just decided to bump this thread up and watched the movie. They did state that these names are aliases to protect the victims.

Decided to add this:

fightforjustice.blogspot.com...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let me ask you all this. Why would they make a hoax and then make the whole thing out to be a product of mental illness in the end?
They ended the movie with the insinuation that she was insane

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The filmmakers claimed the movie was a documentary re-enactment set in Nome, Alaska.

The film's trailer states that the story is based on "actual case studies," but did not specify any cases. As a result, much speculation has arisen regarding the search for documented evidence from the actual cases and whether Dr. Abigail Tyler is a real person or a fictional character for use in an internet viral marketing campaign.

On September 1, 2009, an investigation by the Anchorage Daily News examined the validity of the film's premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more frequent than any other small Alaskan town. The consensus is that the high rate of alcoholism combined with the harsh landscape surrounding Nome accounts for a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

Kind of odd though because at the end they gave thanks to the city of nome alaska for their help.

But it was still a good movie none the less.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I watched for about 10 minutes, and then I put it in the envelope and sent it back to Netflix. I have heard it's a hoax. When they say in the beginning that it's real, I felt like they were lying to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
well its a hoax because they arent aliens in the guise that the term is used. they arent from far but are depending on how close they are to you; meaning the past accomplishments of man and your awareness to generationally being related to these "beings". "they" feel they have all the rights to do as they do to people and im sure the actions attributed to abductions and any contact with "aliens" is true; but again, thats because of your relation to them.

thats the way i see it and i just watched the movie and decided to add my own 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Yup, a hoax.

article one

article two

well the first link is nothing more than a review..nothing in it delves into explaining the fact.. DERP..

2nd link is a host for spyware..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok, I finally got the courage to watch this movie for the simple fact that, once you have a close encounter and remember things you'd rather not, takes a incredible amount of courage.

First off, to those that have never had a encounter,1,2,3 or 4, and come on here and say it's a hoax, read the OP, and then read it a second time. Then watch the movie and asks the questions that concern you and make you think this is all a hoax.

they compare the actually documentary to those in the film as a reenactment ... side by side within the film itself. Doctors reserve the right to a NDA between their patients and themselves. You can check it here

This should explain most of the 'did not want to comment on the facts' at the end of the movie; to begin down the path just to have them say "yes, we talked".. might break that agreement especially if the patient didn't want them to talk to anyone.

The thing that struck me as odd, was seeing they were possessed some how. I've seen people with my own eyes, possessed with a demon(s) and have had to exercise them by myself or assist in doing so. It isn't something that is 'cool' to watch, it's horrific and sad.

I know of 1 account of someone that walked up to a deacon at a church during the week and said .." I need help.... please" right off the street. The deacon, called another 2 more over to assist them and when they got up to the pastors office, the pastor looked at the person and said.."how can we help you".. and without moving their mouth, they spoke out of themselves, "you can never help me because you are all dead!"(something to that effect).. and with that it took all 4, including the pastor who is about 6'6" 200+ lbs, to subdue him and exercise this entity out of them.

From what I've studied from scripture in the Holy Bible, is, Lucifer was in charge of all the worship for God & he had the ability to do this from within himself, from within his being/angelic form.

This really brings me to somewhat of a conclusion that, there maybe 2 types of possessions, however, both are demonic/malevolent and not sure if it comes from the same source. This maybe some sort of military dark project, we may never know. (there is a benevolent possession but this isn't the thread for that)

To me, I believe the film as genuine. IMO, if you're gong to make a sudo-documentary of something that is a known fact, and are going to show things that might perhaps cause people even more harm than good, you've open yourself to possibility of a law suite. This is also the reason why they didn't show A LOT more which i personally believe there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye and the film doc we see in the movies is a "snip it" of what really went on.

So, why make a movie?

(1) To pay for the actors/actresses and the crew for helping make it.

(2) What better way to get a message out than to make a movie of the possibility of something that is well documented to get it out to the masses within a short amount of time. It's the same way the Military/Military Industrial Complex has been doing for decades for recruiting purposes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I wondered when I watched it were those the 4D beings that are mentioned on ATS. It was interesting to see on the cop footage the ufo going overhead and its sad she never found her daughter.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I got all excited as well when I saw the previews of this movie, was wating for the DVD to come out to watch it and in the interim I heard or read that the movie was all just a gimmick like Paranormal Activity.Needless to say, I as well lost interest in watching it...but now I am not so sure. Went to the AnchorageDailyNews paper site and searched a few terms like "missing persons FBI Nome" came up with zip. But they had a link to the Nome Nugget which is the oldest newspaper in Alaska according to they're website, not a whole lot there as far as archives go, I checked, but they do have contact info with phone #'s if somebody is so inclined to call and ask the local Newsies up there if there is any truth to it, seems kinda logical that the locals would know, heck they might tell ya "Yeah your the 1000th person to call and ask." Anyhow, here's the link- The Nome Nugget

Live long and Pros-*hack*cough*-good luck.

(edited to add you have to check out Nome Nugget's Latin Motto...it's great!)

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Hey, if you really enjoyed this totally true story backed up by all kinds of facts, you are going to love other true stories such as Cannibal Holocaust, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County, The Last Broadcast, Blair Witch Project, Zero Day, The Zombie Diaries, The Curse, REC, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity, and REC 2(sequels are even more true.)

Sorry but this has been gone over and gone over. I do not understand why a place like ATS that has so many UFO people are falling for it. I mean, does no one wonder why they never heard of all these cases before? Has Ufology just missed all this but somehow a big Hollywood studio caught it? That relies on the premise that Hollywood has any information other than whatever is already selling and given "The Smurfs" is under production on two fronts - we know that just aint true.

No offense meant, I just think that in a place where people know their UFOlogy, it strikes me as odd that this movies comes up with allllllllllllllllll these cases concetrated on one place and it is no big deal that no one ever talked about it?

There is also the fact that the Movie studio had to compensate Nome for printing FAKE newspaper articles and posting them online to promote this movie as true. Now, if they had true stories to use, why make up fake ones?

Missing persons records just do not match.

The studio admitted making up articles.

None of the "real" footage has been seen outside this movie. I have not looked into it but I am willing to bet that footage is copyrighted by the studio along with every other frame of film. That might be the nail in the coffin because if a movie studio can own and copyright a doctor's videotape of her sessions, then HIPPA is all messed up.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

on at least two occasions of 'encounters' / 'abductions' of my own (which happened, each time there was another person with me also and there is no question of lacking sanity or attention seeking or any other reason for making things up) commenced with an owl, the first time I recall was when I was 15 and living in a house by the sea during the summer, the owl hovered at the window for minutes, staring at me, it was scary and the experience was very telepathic / intense / ultra real / 'knowing' / controlling, then there was the bright blue white light then the rest is in abduction territory......the second time, aged I recall was driving home at night on a dark country road immediately in the vicinity of a very large stone circle after seeing UFO, the owl swooped directly at the windscreen then appeared to both hit the roof and disappear at the same time, then the bright blue white light then again the rest is abduction territory.

There are some other encounters I partly recall, with the very intense, terrified feeling of a dark shadowy, almost shapeless entity being behind the bedroom door, preceded by bright blue white light.

I watched the movie last night and it brought back a lot of my own memories of such things, whether hoax or not, this movie has so many parallels it is at least based on factual accounts in my opinion.
edit on 18-10-2010 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

the movie while fiction, is based partly on the composite of many many abduction reports

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I was very intrigued by the movie, then found out that it wasn't really Dr Abigal playing herself, so that kind of blew the whole thing for me. It was supposed to dipict the real Dr, while an actor played her part, instead and actor played an actor. Tragic story though, her daughter did go missing, and no sign of her has ever turned up.

the part of Dr Abigal was played by actress Charlotte Milchard, Milla Jojovich played the part of 'the actress playing Dr Abigial' , so none of the 'actual footage' is not real at all, nothing but an actress playing a role.

The missing people,

According to Fairbanks Daily News-Miner and Alaska Daily News, Nome, and other Alaskan towns, have had their share of disappearances. The FBI has emphatically stated that the specific disappearances discussed in the film were the result of a combination of alcohol and frigid temperatures - not the alien abduction circumstances portrayed in the film. The movie claims that there have been a disproportionately large amount of FBI investigations in Nome that are still unsolved. These claims are disputed by native Alaskans, who say that the specific cases depicted in the film have nothing to do with alien abduction and that the entire "owl" idea was the brainchild of the screenwriter. "The cases date back to the 1960s, with 10 since 1990. The victims were mostly Native men who had traveled to the Seward Peninsula's commercial hub from smaller villages of the Bering Strait region." In any remote area where temperatures can reach fifty degrees below zero, a simple thing like a trek to get supplies can end in disaster if the person gets lost, dehydrated, and begins to hallucinate.[6]

edit on 18-10-2010 by space cadet because: edit to add info

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Makes one wonder why the people who attend The Bohemian Grove worship the Owl. The owl is also depicted in very small detail on the one dollar bill, which is thought to represent the same owl worshiped by the occult at the Bohemian Grove.

Yep the Bohemian Grove owls definitely smack of Masonic symbology, and the people in the movie kept saying "It's Not an owl". My theory is that they used the owl symbology in perhaps more ways than one, and Hollywood is thought by some to introduce taboo subjects or technology into the minds of the populace. Take Minority Report or War of the Worlds, where there's distinct Orwellian themes combined with real new technology (Iris scans and the famous computer touchscreen). There have been recent theories that holograms of aliens could be used to scare people into compliance with some program, who knows, seduce people into detention camps? The owl watching silently definitely evokes the feeling of being watched, and besides the aliens watching, it could be the Illuminati. Anyone see the eye-in-the-capstone logo on the DARPA webpage before they took it off? Oh yes, and then theres the Sumerian voice and the reference to Sumerian tablets. Another way to introduce material into a larger audience.
edit on 17-2-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: addition

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Let me ask you all this. Why would they make a hoax and then make the whole thing out to be a product of mental illness in the end?
They ended the movie with the insinuation that she was insane

I think what they were really doing was underlining the fact that abductees never have concrete proof of their experiences, and usually are not believed by the scientific or medical community. Also underlined was the typical inability to remember experiences because of how horrific they are, and we are still left to wonder whether she shot him or he shot himself through mind control of the alien, or any other possibilities.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sorry I'm a little late to the party but this movie is proven hoax. The "real or "actual" footage is not real at all. The woman in this footage is an actor listed on IMDB, there are pictures of her and she is listed in the credits of the film. Also, several fraudulent websites were set up to market this as real. I discovered all this a while back when the movie first came out so I don't have any links unfortunately. It shouldn't be hard to find that information or those photo's of her on IMDB though... go look for yourself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join