It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, "The Fourth Kind", explain the "hoax"? (The owls are not what they seem)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've seen the movie and at some point i believe that its base on true events but if i'm not mistaken someone said or claimed that the movie has their faces pixelated(dr tyler) and oh forget to mention that the movie the i watch has no faces pixelated whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i think she is sick.
where is her little girl today?
dead is where..

if 80% of that movie was real we would be here debating it we would be like...yep it's real lol

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxxcavalera
I've seen the movie and at some point i believe that its base on true events but if i'm not mistaken someone said or claimed that the movie has their faces pixelated(dr tyler) and oh forget to mention that the movie the i watch has no faces pixelated whatsoever.

They were not pixelated in the on I watched either which is pretty much why I had a problem with the entire premise. The names have been changed to protect them but here are their faces 9 feet tall in a wide release hollywood film. That just did not make much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The "actual footage" in the movie is fake. The actress who plays Dr. Tyler is Charlotte Milchafd. This is a link to her website.
www.charlottemilchard.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by litqoe
The "actual footage" in the movie is fake. The actress who plays Dr. Tyler is Charlotte Milchafd. This is a link to her website.
www.charlottemilchard.com...

*sigh* you're obviously new, so I'll be easy. READ the OP (links included) and the numerous posts following it ok??

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I dont know if anyone has posted THIS LINKbefore but i read an article about this...it stated that are only 20 people missing from Nome, they are nearly all native Alaskans.

In Nome theres a big alcohol problem. The local guys get tanked up and then fall into the sea or wander off drunk and get lost and die, because theres a whole lot of land to get lost in.

I dont think theres any mystery here.

Local boys that drink too much and whats worse there native Alaskans so no one pays too much attention, they are treated like second class citizens so the police dont look too hard. The nearest town has alcohol control in the bars so there it doesnt happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The movie "THE FOURTH KIND" is not a hoax. It is a documentary drama as regard to real events that took place during October 2000 in a town called Nome in Alaska. The daughter of one Dr Abigail Tyler was UFO abducted and this abduction event was witnessed by a police officer and recorded on his dash board video camera. The child is still a missing person. I have seen this movie at the cinema and will buy a DVD of it as soon as I find it at the store. I have no doubts as to the authenticity of the events documented by it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just watched the movie and I was wondering the same thing.

Just to add that Lilith, Adam's first wife is described as the owl amongst many other things .

I cant remember the names in the Sumerian texts but the woman who married Enlil( the bad god), his sister I think her name was Ninlil, has also been described as the owl amongst other things. ( by the way, they did make many references to the story told in the Sumerian tablets in the movie, I also seem to recall they mentioned Anu which is the father of Enlil(bad god) and Ea(good god))

Not to mention the deity Moloch who is normally symbolized by a bull or an owl, or some type of horned beast that children are sacrificed to. Also "worshiped" by our elites at bohemian grove.

Just thought I would throw up some deities associated with the owl, all of which are not good deities. When I was watching the movie I started thing about the meaning of the owl and these were the things that popped into my head.

Well take care!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
The movie "THE FOURTH KIND" is not a hoax. It is a documentary drama as regard to real events that took place during October 2000 in a town called Nome in Alaska. The daughter of one Dr Abigail Tyler was UFO abducted and this abduction event was witnessed by a police officer and recorded on his dash board video camera. The child is still a missing person. I have seen this movie at the cinema and will buy a DVD of it as soon as I find it at the store. I have no doubts as to the authenticity of the events documented by it.

If you had actually read any of this thread, you would see that plenty of FACTS have been presented that show there is no truth to any of the claims made by the movie.

Do you have something other than blind promotion of a hoax to make your point with?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

If you had actually read any of this thread, you would see that plenty of FACTS have been presented that show there is no truth to any of the claims made by the movie.

While I appreciate your stance... I'd say the closest thing to FACT was the link about universal paying to make a false marketing campaign for the promotion of this film. As for this Charlotte chick, there still is no fact on the subject whether you, or I like it or not. There are ineed many links to some chick who looks like her, THAT is a fact, but it doesn't prove anything YET.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe it to be a hoax because what I saw, but what I didn't see. Anytime something really "big" was happening, the picture suddenly breaks down. Almost a little too convenient perhaps.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

While I appreciate your stance... I'd say the closest thing to FACT was the link about universal paying to make a false marketing campaign for the promotion of this film. As for this Charlotte chick, there still is no fact on the subject whether you, or I like it or not. There are ineed many links to some chick who looks like her, THAT is a fact, but it doesn't prove anything YET.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Wookiep]

What about the fact that not nearly the number of people have gone missing that they claimed for the film? What about the fact that a great deal of them have been found and did not report any UFO activity? What about the fact that many were also found dead due to getting drunk and wandering off? Are those not facts?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Heres a fact! you need to relax. Anyway, yes those are significant points, but we need facts that prove the movie a hoax. Yes, some missing people went drunk in Alaska... Who said that DIDN'T happen?? *smack*. No-one.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just watched the move tonight. It was a fantastic movie real or not. I have not been able to find any reliable sources to disprove the movie as fake. It had footage of the events happening, which could have easily been actors in the first place, but I doubt it. I don't think it was a hoax at all.

My favourite parts of the movie were when she was playing the tape recorder and they were talking in Sumerian and when she was floating in the air and they were speaking again and said they were god. If they are god, I don't want to go to their heaven.

[edit on 3/28/10 by Misoir]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Heres a fact! you need to relax. Anyway, yes those are significant points, but we need facts that prove the movie a hoax. Yes, some missing people went drunk in Alaska... Who said that DIDN'T happen?? *smack*. No-one.

Oh?

originally posted by Wookiep
I'd say the closest thing to FACT was the link about universal paying to make a false marketing campaign for the promotion of this film.

I guess I am not sure what that was actually supposed to mean then. If all the things I listed are also facts then how does this sentence make any sense?

Plenty relaxed by the way.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
originally posted by K J Gunderson
originally posted by Wookiep
reply to

I guess I am not sure what that was actually supposed to mean then. If all the things I listed are also facts then how does this sentence make any sense?

Plenty relaxed by the way.

I guess you just should have paid more attention then. This is about proving the movie a hoax. I'm not stating the things you mention aren't FACTS, but they don't pertain to the topic at hand, in terms of proving the movie a hoax.

Example: (we'll use yours) The FBI has records of missing people in Alaska. They were suspected of being drunk. Does this prove "The Fourth Kind" a hoax? no.

Moving on.

Example 2: "There are no records of UFO sightings in NOME Alaska" (so far) OK. So this, in your humble opinion completely discredits the movie, and is a great deal why you claim it as a hoax. Proof? No.

It's fair to get all worked up (which btw if you are relaxed I'd rather not see you jumpy), but apparently you can't grasp that protecting identities of not only names and professions (as stated in the film) have nothing to do with why this may not be the case in NOME?

I'm merely stating that no actors involved (in the "real" footage) have come forward, and I'm sorry you can't grasp that. Real proof comes from the people involved in the filming. If the only thing you have to say is "Oh, that won't happen, it's Hollywood!" Then great! Move along!

We're talking about facts that pertain to the actual movie in question.

The one fact about the marketing strategy which I just recently shared, should have pointed this out to you.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
have you ever read communion? This movie rips stuff from that book and other stories to make a hodge-podge abduction movie loosely based on supposed events!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Seriously? If you fall for this type of crap that easily then I suggest you not be on ATS. If you are gonna believe everything you read esp on here you will end up in a padded room! Please use some logic! Do some research, dont believe everything someone tells you is true. Look into it and make your own decision. I look into everything someone tells me.

I suggest you go to page two of this thread and read my response to this move and the hoax that it is. If you think anything in that movie is based on fact you are sadly mistaken. The only real thing in that movie is that Nome does have a high rate for missing persons.

How are people even still discussing this movie. Its all over the internet if you type "fourth kind hoax" into google!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I guess you just should have paid more attention then. This is about proving the movie a hoax. I'm not stating the things you mention aren't FACTS, but they don't pertain to the topic at hand, in terms of proving the movie a hoax.

They don't? How do you figure?

Example: (we'll use yours) The FBI has records of missing people in Alaska. They were suspected of being drunk. Does this prove "The Fourth Kind" a hoax? no.

No, it proves the claim made in the movie about the FBI accounts of missing people is a lie. Lies are indicative of a hoax.

Moving on.

Example 2: "There are no records of UFO sightings in NOME Alaska" (so far) OK. So this, in your humble opinion completely discredits the movie, and is a great deal why you claim it as a hoax. Proof? No.

No, it discredits the claim in the movie about an abundance of UFO sightings reported. This is a lie. Lies are indicative of a hoax.

It's fair to get all worked up (which btw if you are relaxed I'd rather not see you jumpy), but apparently you can't grasp that protecting identities of not only names and professions (as stated in the film) have nothing to do with why this may not be the case in NOME?

But all of the "real" evidence that was put out to promote the film does indeed implicate Nome. You only have Nome to look at because if it was not Nome, then all of the "evidence" is complete BS. Please look at the promotional websites the studio registered as "real" websites.

I'm merely stating that no actors involved (in the "real" footage) have come forward, and I'm sorry you can't grasp that. Real proof comes from the people involved in the filming. If the only thing you have to say is "Oh, that won't happen, it's Hollywood!" Then great! Move along!

I am jumpy? Why do you seem so angry about this? It is a movie. Chill. Project much?

Here is what you can not grasp. The movie makes some very bold claims. Those claims turn out to NOT BE TRUE AT ALL. They are "facts" asserted to bolster the story that are canceled out by the real FACTS I presented. This proves that the claims made in the movie are complete BS.

If the movie uses lies to tell its story, then it is a HOAX. This is what facts prove. They prove the movie is a bunch of fiction. What is it you can not grasp about that?

We're talking about facts that pertain to the actual movie in question.

I am, not sure what you are doing at all.

The one fact about the marketing strategy which I just recently shared, should have pointed this out to you.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Wookiep]

I guess you do not know anything about the actual marketing strategy because it is full of LIES.

What part of lies are you having a hard time with?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To the people who think this is "real"

Do you really think that they would release a movie showing actual archive footage of people being abducted... Funny how none of those videos showed up on the net AT ALL before anyone knew about the movie or the "story".

It is a movie people, now I'm sure that people in Nome have seen things just like everywhere else in the world. And they do have missing persons just like everywhere else. If the footage was "real" they would not release it in a movie.... It was a movie full of bad acting and a cheap budget. It is amazing how gullible people are. A major motion picture will NEVER be real. (unless it's historical)

The whole story was a fake. First came Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, and now this. I bet the next one will be about bigfoot or the lockness monster. And the gullible people on here will swear up and down that it is real.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Reign02]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Reign02]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join