It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, "The Fourth Kind", explain the "hoax"? (The owls are not what they seem)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If the events took place, you'll never know the whole truth. Military and government agencies would be all over these cases, classified beyond top secret. If the film is true, you cannot blame the producers trying desperately to hide identities and blur the events. Even fake news stories.

The film Independence Day, was refused assistance from the Pentagon because of references to Area 51. The director was denied access to shot on operating air force bases and other facilities because of surrounding a section of the film in Area 51. (I watched a documentary, with the crew explaining their problems with the military.)

Alien abduction is a phenomena that cannot be dismissed without some rational thought. Millions of people have reported to have been "taken" at night, even in the day, and yes, some have mental and psychological issues. But what about those who are not? Can you easily dismiss them? No, of course not.

The Fourth Kind, authentic or not, should be applauded for starting the well overdue debate. The question is, does the government know (apart of an agreement. Which some proclaim) or not?

It is inexcusable and execrable to maintain silence towards, arguably, the most serious and traumatic subsection of ufology.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good film, it may have been based on a true story. The Exorcist and The Exorcism of Emily Rose [the most scariest film i ever saw. gives me the creeps just thinking about it] where both based on Anneliese Michel exorcism, but at the time and for many years people just believed it to be fiction. It may just be as "infinite" says a deliberate attempt to distort all identities within the film.

Actually i thought the film had a demonic feel to it with the alien voices telling Dr Tyler they were god. Then at the end she said it, they make you think they are god. If im not mistaken demons do that.

Any way alien abduction is real IMHO. Just like we abduct species from the Amazon and other REMOTE places on our earth.

They do it to us.

Read this as he was mentioned very briefly in the movie. Confirmed: John Mack Dead

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

The Exorcist was actually based on the story of a young boy.

This just goes to show what Hollywood does with "based on a true story."

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by kode

Yeah, I remember when the Texas Chainsaw Massacre said it was based on a true story in the trailers because it was "inspired" a bit by the story of Ed Gein.

A friend of mine took this very seriously until he bought the DVD, which breaks down the creation of the story and the relation to Gein in the Special Features.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper

reply to post by kode

Yeah, I remember when the Texas Chainsaw Massacre said it was based on a true story in the trailers because it was "inspired" a bit by the story of Ed Gein.

A friend of mine took this very seriously until he bought the DVD, which breaks down the creation of the story and the relation to Gein in the Special Features.

I could not agree more. Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs" and Norman Bates were supposedly based on Gein as well and the three characters are all quite different from what I have seen.

There is a movie about Ed Gein and it could almost be related to "Psycho" but that is about it so I think that says a lot about how closely things "based on true events" are really related to those true events.

I feel bad for your friend but I hope they saw it as an excuse to research Ed Gein as he is plenty interesting enough all on his own.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hoax.

Firstly because I've watched the movie before and wondered why they used aliases but then clearly showed the face of Dr. Tyler.

Secondly, the population of Nome Alaska isn't nearly as low as they have said in the movie, census from the time period place the population several thousands higher .

Thirdly, the sites which provide (2)articles supposedly written by A.T (the articles are on sleep paralysis, Though there are only two pages which can be accessed on the site, Trying to access anything else you will receive a 404 error) have a registered I.P address to Universal Pictures. The site was uploaded and registered afew months after the films release.

Then there is also the fact that the actual film wasnt even shot in Alaska, It was shot in Squamish, Canada (compare here to here). Lastly, The book that they referred to in the movie does not exist.

I don't mean to burst anyones bubble but how on earth do you think they would have obtained apparent UFO footage if the cameras did not function properly when around the UFO/Aliens, as seen in the movie.

If your still not convinced you could simply take a look on the FBI's website and see that they have already explained the disappearances, which the movie has left out happened between a 60 year period, On alcohol and the winter climate.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The movie may not be too bad....but the "hoax" is that it is entirely fictional. The "doctor" doesn't exist...it's an actress playing the "real" doctor.....the town in AK IS real...however none of this stuff ever took place there...I live in AK, and have been to Nome many, many times. Now, the filmakers may have drawn from SOME cases they heard about, or read about....but the story, in it's entirety, is fiction. Try looking up any of the events and you'll see.....none of it ever happened. And yes...they DID try to utilize the "blair witch" method of movie-making.

Actually, from what little I saw, the movie didn't really seem that good anyway....but sorry to disappoint anyone...it's all fake.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe the movie was just that, a movie. I bet it wasn't based on any one actual event, but a collection of ideas that, when assembled correctly, made this movie. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, the real reason I' posting is I have been CONSTANTLY aware of the time 3:11 rather than 3:33. But 1s and 3s in general have been following me (for lack of a better phrase) all over the place. I remember that it had such an effect on me that one time I refused to come home from college for spring break because I was supposed to make an 8 hour drive on March 11th or 3/11 and I thought for sure I'd die.

Since then I've come to think of it as just a strange thing that I'm only noticing because I am subconsciously looking for it (but I swear I play roulette and always hit on 13 and 31! :lol
but just recently I've been living in this apartment and at 3:11, 3:33, and sometimes around 5:00 am for whatever reason, I wake up in a daze and there is ALWAYS a car sitting in the parking space outside my window with its brights on. It will sit there for about 30 full minutes before it just backs out and drives off. I've looked at it through the cracks in my blinds and have noticed no one ever gets in or out. I cant see how many people are in there on account of the lights but it is starting to freak me out again.

Ive thought about going downstairs and confronting the people inside, but I get this heavy feeling of dread when I do. It's like I feel that if I go downstairs and knock on the cars window, it'll roll down and there will just be a black hole inside and existence will end...paranoid schizophrenic, I know
but I just thought I'd share and see if ya'll had anything to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Also, I have an avatar link posted and it works on my actual profile page but doesn't show up when I post under my name. Anyone know why? Edit: I fixed it!!!

[edit on 20-3-2010 by MakeSoap]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

Hey Kode, thanks for the link,. but can you re-post it? It doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
its a movie afterall isnt it? not a documentary.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The actress that supposedly played dr. Abigail Tyler does not look a thing like the person from the movie.

The lips, the chin and even the eyes are different.

More than likely she was a complete unknown that played her not the person mentioned.

edit to add: I have no reason to believe this was based on a real event but I am just questioning the actress who played the doc.

[edit on 3/21/2010 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Douglas Deen. The real exorcist.

Many thanks for the correction.

reply to post by Wookiep

Here is the link again for John Mack Confirmed: John Mack Dead

I don’t think the authenticity of the movie is at question anymore, its clearly all within the realms of Hollywood, but whether or not as with other films it was based loosely around real events i think remains an unanswered question.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The whole story was someones idea to expose that the Grey's are really fake and the evil Watchers are behind the whole UFO lie. The REAL audio was telling, where the Watcher claims to be God right after he says I'm -----. He was telling her "I'm Satan".

Glad this movie came out but it could have been done better. Someone needs to expose the E.T. lie and warn people about the evil WATCHERS here on earth because apparently the bible is not enough for people anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode

Douglas Deen. The real exorcist.

Many thanks for the correction.

Did not mean to seem like I was correcting you but I thought you brought up a perfect example of how Hollywood treats "based on true events" and for that I thank you.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
its a movie afterall isnt it? not a documentary.

I think we all get that we are talking about a movie, the issue is about the "real content" (supposedly) and the marketing strategies used, still even AFTER the dvd release. There are other cases being discussed showing marketing stategies used by hollywood to gain a buck, even if that means flat-out lying.

This movie "The Fourth Kind" (unlike the exorsist and paranormal activity etc etc) shows two perspectives one that is by actors and the other by "real" footage which is now largely questioned as actors as well. The problem with this from my standpoint, is they haven't even credited any of the "actors" in the "real" footage. Not in the credits and not even on IMDB.

Thanks for your contribution!

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The "real content" is part of the movie. I understand how upsetting it can be to find uncredited actors not listed on IMDB but is it more logical to think that all of Ufology has somehow missed all these cases and the people involved as well as the doctor studying them but a Hollywood studio just happened to be able to get her, all her footage, and be the first ones to break the story? Does that not seem the least bit far fetched?

I guess I do not understand why anyone would believe this movie is anything more realistic than any other movie. I understand how it was promoted but it was not the first, will not be the last, was hardly the best, and was not even all that original.

When "Fire in the Sky" came out, anyone with any interest in UFO lore already knew who Travis Walton was and if they did not, it was real easy to find out shortly afterward. Don't you think it is a bit odd that all of the info in this movie just happen to remain such a mystery to everyone but the movie studio?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The actress that supposedly played dr. Abigail Tyler does not look a thing like the person from the movie.

The lips, the chin and even the eyes are different.

Hiya,

I take it you've not seen this then?

LoL...

It is Charlotte Milchard... I promise...

I feel it sad though that she won't be able to directly take credit until the hype of the movie dies down..

She will get major pickup now though in the states following this movie... good on her!!

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

That part freaked me out. It also made me remember Zechariah Sitchin's theory, that the Sumerians were created by aliens. Annunaki? Maybe if this was based on a real story...Sitchin could have been the author? Or someone else who writes about this theory?
I do not know what to think of it. It scared me a great deal, watching it at 3AM in the dark.
I will have to make the assumption that it is based on real life encounters, but the whole plot, place, and script of the movie is just made up.
P.S. One question I do have: the alien that was talking would have been a head alien, not a grey, correct? And do the greys wear hoods? Because in the scene were Tyler was watching her bedroom door open, all these hooded figures came floating in.
ALSO, if you buy the DVD, and watch the special features, they have the cop scene (real footage) uncensored. Shows the man shooting everyone in the house. Maybe you all could watch that and figure out if it is real or not.
-FCL

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I understand how it was promoted but it was not the first, will not be the last, was hardly the best, and was not even all that original.

I get what you're saying, yes I do! (you heard it right!) But it WAS the first one, that showed a side-by-side depiction of fake vs CLAIMED "REAL" events. (claimed in the "disclaimer") which apparently shouldn't mean anything even when watching say... "Cops", or some other stupid T.V. show.. I'm not saying that this movie is real. In fact, I never did...I'm more inclined to believe even the "real" footage isn't real, at this point. However, NO actors/actresses in the supposed "real" footage have come forward. Not their producers and not IMDB. (Great marketing scheme FINE!!)

I'm merely stating...why hasn't credit been given to the actors/actresses?? I don't recall this happening in the "Exorcist"?? If you do, that's cool then show me when that happened? Give links that's fine, but I'm TIRED of seeing links of this Charlotte Milchard chick that I EVEN put in the OP!

Seriously, can't anyone realize this was already addressed?? LOL

I find it quite the task here on ATS to try and RELAY anything to anyone about *anything*!! lol. You wanna talk about other movies, COOL!

Just realize that the marketing in this case SUCKS. If you'd like to say it's all been done before and it's cool cuz its movies, great! I have a problem with that tho, you got a problem with that??

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Wookiep]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join